Laura Geller TSV 03/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi I think you've answered my question as most of you don't sound at all convinced by the tsv but I was contemplating buying it for my mum.
I don't really wear make up myself (I've been housebound 12 years and before that was a fresh-faced 20 year old who only needed lippy!) so am a bit clueless but would like to get mum a "kit" - she's never really had that and just bought bits and bobs, mostly no. 7 on offer! However no idea if this is a good brand/set to get?

I've seen a Tarte show and that looked heavy to me but this sounds nice with all the baked nonsense!
If it helps, my mum, the opposite of me, has olive skin with brown eyes and black hair. Her skin is dry but she the only blemishes she has are sun spots... If not this would a tsv from Tarte or bare minerals be better?!
Thanks so much for any help ;)

I wish LG BnB came in a colour that suited me, but it simply doesn't, despite all the claims. Tried and wasted money in the past.

Interesting to see the models in this tsv. I think they look great, so long as the don't overdo the bronzer (i have never seen a bronzer that looks 'natural'). Surprised by the lip crayon. Much better than expected!

Just seen the blonde model from the BM shows, and thought she looked 10x better than in the BM, except when she smiled and the BnB powder showed up every crinkle around her eyes. The liner and skin texture looked stunning.

- but then Laura ruined it by too much bronzer. Pity.

So, fab makeup so long as you moisturise under the eyes, are lucky enough that one of the colours suits, and you avoid the bronzer...

:mysmilie_483:

Just taken delivery of yesterday's TSV and the eyeshadow is not 7.5g as stated on the label stuck on the back. The size is the same as the one I already have that I posted a picture of further up the thread.

Just taken delivery of yesterday's TSV and the eyeshadow is not 7.5g as stated on the label stuck on the back. The size is the same as the one I already have that I posted a picture of further up the thread.
Did you get an email that it was dispatched? I know mine was dispatched on Saturday still waiting for the email with the tracking.

Mine's arrived this morning & I've tried it when doing my makeup.
To be honest, I was kicking myself after ordering as I don't really use bronzer with my pale blonde, corpse pallor but am pleasantly surprised & glad I did now.
Trivial things first, the shadow does say 7.5gm on the base but is no bigger than the smaller shadows I already have so that's an obvious mistake. The bag is a surprise, it looked cheap & nasty on screen but is made of surprisingly thick, sturdy material, handy size with no logos to make you a walking advert, so quite handy for bits of shopping now they don't give you carrier bags. The box the makeup comes in is lovely, quite posh looking, so if you give it as a present its nice.
Now the important stuff. The shadows look awfully sparkly but go on surprisingly less so, I used the darker shade in the socket & lighter on the lid & it looks surprisingly nice. I love the eye pencil, a good dark brown, no sparkle, a bit thick for a liner so care needed but great in the socket with a light hand. The B & B is as always. I got Porcelain. The brush just like her others, the eye end is a good size.
The lip crayon is darkish, just as it looked on screen. Probably a nice colour on someone less morgue like than me. But I applied it lightly & it wasn't bad, in fact really nice with a light coloured gloss over it, it's a lovely texture with no horrid pepermint tingle, seems to be lasting well...through two cups of coffee at least, I need my caffeine fix in a morning!
The bronzer, lovely compact, not too sparkly just a light sheen. I used it after I'd done my usual base & blusher, not all over just in the double 3, one down each side as didn't want a satsuma effect. But it wasnt like that at all, no orange just a warm glow that brightened my face a little, though I did use a very light touch of the brush.
So, all in all, a good set & I think a keeper with summer( hopefully!) just around the corner.
Hope yours arrives soon.

Mine arrived this morning too, was really surprised and slightly annoyed as it ruined my lie in for my day off :mysmilie_17: but am really happy with the kit!!

mine arrived today, and I'm pleasantly surprised - I only really ordered it to try the bronzer, but love it all (except the B&B with is far to drying for my skin )

bronzer is great - not glittery or orange, just a good natural glow.
the lippy I thought would be far too dark - I have thin lips and usually stay well clear of deep colours, but this is great you can just add a hint of colour if you want .
the eye crayon - I thought it was going to be a black on e(obviously didn't pay attention ) as its called taupe, but really is a brown - yes it comes out quite this - but I like to smudge it anyway - so that works for me.
not tried the eye colours but they look good neutral colours so should be very easy to wear - a slight sheen but not over the top shine.
and finally the bag - well that's straight in the charity bag

just now to offload the B&B ... ebay here I come.

Overall very pleased with the kit.

Brilliant review Breeze. I always get good results with LG provided I apply very lightly as you said. My hair is a cool pale blonde (at the mo! :emo:) but my skin is slightly deeper than yours I imagine. I ordered the TSV as I'd already seen the contents at the Beauty Bash - the bag and bronzer looked lovely. I may give the bronzer to my daughter as I'm happy with the ones I currently use - Balance & Brighten in Tan if I'm on a hot holiday. On a daily basis I use a blusher (as a bronzer) that came with the "Coffee" TSV a few years ago "Mauve Mocha Latte" I didn't really suit me as a blusher but (with a light touch) it warms up my skin (I'm using Fair in the new Tarte rainforest liquid foundation currently). If you don't have one already they sell for around £5 delivered on ebay which is a great price.

I haven't had a despatch email for the last few Q orders which is annoying. If I know there's a delivery due I know not to go out or have a shower around the time Mr Hermes usually delivers...Mr Akimbo works from home so it saves a lot of sarcasm if I intercept parcels before the doorbell rings! :doh:

Has anyone emailed them about the eyeshadows, seems a naughty mistake and just shows the Beauty Expert did not notice the mistake/query the size when we all have.

I’ve received mine and looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning for work.

Deep breath! I think I'm returning this TSV! I know; I was sure I'd love it but I'm a bit underwhelmed.
Firstly I don't need another B&B at the moment and there'll be another TSV with one later in the year. I would have been happy to stock-pile had the rest of the set been a winner.
I like the eye kajal - put a stripe on my hand then did the Mally hand rub test and it didn't shift; lovely soft texture and perfect not-quite-black colour. I also like the lip pencil, fab colour on me and glossy but not too much.
I haven't tried the bronzer but will give it test run later today - this could be the decider.
I'm still a bit sceptical about the actual size of the eye shadow duo but I could have let that slide had the pay-off been better. I went through my stash and find I already have metallic duo (from laura years ago) which has stronger pigment and better pay-off.
Bag is nice enough.

I wonder whether anyone is going to tackle QVC on facebook about the eye shadow size?

I tried my Porcelain kit this morning and was very pleasantly surprised. The B&B I thought was more like B&Glow, the bronzer is perfect as a blusher and this is a big bonus, the eye liner is soft and once dried it stays on, the lip crayon really brightened up my face. I’m not so sure that the eye shadows suit me and look very terracotta, so I’m going to try again. The brush in the kit I didn’t use as I have a fuller brush that makes job very easy. I used the bag for my shopping last night and was also pleasantly surprised how good it was for my grocery shopping, the thing is I’d prefer it was ‘straw’ colour and I think the golden motif makes it look cheap. I thought it was a good bonus, the bag is sturdy, lined and has a pocket and nice soft handles. The downside that it’s bulky and took half of my work bag to carry it with me so it won’t replace a simple carrier bag.

Deep breath! I think I'm returning this TSV! I know; I was sure I'd love it but I'm a bit underwhelmed.
Firstly I don't need another B&B at the moment and there'll be another TSV with one later in the year. I would have been happy to stock-pile had the rest of the set been a winner.
I like the eye kajal - put a stripe on my hand then did the Mally hand rub test and it didn't shift; lovely soft texture and perfect not-quite-black colour. I also like the lip pencil, fab colour on me and glossy but not too much.
I haven't tried the bronzer but will give it test run later today - this could be the decider.
I'm still a bit sceptical about the actual size of the eye shadow duo but I could have let that slide had the pay-off been better. I went through my stash and find I already have metallic duo (from laura years ago) which has stronger pigment and better pay-off.
Bag is nice enough.

I wonder whether anyone is going to tackle QVC on facebook about the eye shadow size?

I weighed the shadow and its 2.3g in pot. Yes its all started on facebook:mysmilie_59: I urge everyone who is not happy to complain. Surely they should of checked this in the beauty department even the box is printed wrong and the pot labelled wrong.

I weighed the shadow and its 2.3g in pot. Yes its all started on facebook:mysmilie_59: I urge everyone who is not happy to complain. Surely they should of checked this in the beauty department even the box is printed wrong and the box labelled wrong.

So basically the kit is not as described. There is no 9.5g eyeshadow. This probably means that everyone is entitled to return it for a full refund. :mysmilie_50:

There was no way the eye shadow was going to be 9.5g, same size as the BnB? And if it was 9.5g, how many years would it take to get through it? I didn't buy this TSV as I already have lots of Laura stash but a 9.5g pot of eye shadow wouldn't be the reason why I'd buy this kit, I'd get bored before a 10th of the way through lol

It says it's 7.5g on the label but it's the same size (and roughly the same weight) as the usual 1.8g eye shadows. It'll be that rigorous quality control they bang on about!

Latest posts

Back