Laura Geller Make Up TSV 14/08/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m not tempted by this offer but would like to add a different blush to my collection, keep saying to myself that it’s too dark for me.

It's too brown for me, just know the lipstick & blush would look deathly on me. Glad as it seems expensive for what's in it.
Wonder if there'll be anything else of interest on the day.

In the pics where the items are standing up they look deathly dark to me as well. In the last one where they are lying down the,lipstick and blush look lovely! However I have a ton of stuff and cannot justify the risk.... Especially as I am about to have my kitchen refitted so funds are a bit stretched to put it mildly and I cannot be bothered to deal with a Q return!

Is Laura going to be around? Hoping not this time really as not interested in TSV and any spare time I have is for watching Olympics at the moment.

At one time I was a huge LG fan but have enough blushers to last me a lifetime & the eye shadows also last forever.I recently returned to B&B & went up in shade to the Medium.It is a good shade for me in the summer as I use more as a finishing powder over a tinted moisturiser.I thought if it did look to powdery I would return, but it is fine.

I like LG sets but these colours seem to dark for my fair skinned, red head complexion, particularly the lipstick and I've got enough brown eyeshadow to last me a lifetime. Whatever names you call them, toffee, chocolate, coffee, sludge, twig, coffee or cinnamon - it's all BROWN :bear::coffee::giggle:

I am not going for it. Already have plenty of BnB, lots of brown eye shadow palettes and blushes. The lipstick looks good but really don't need any more makeup. Also, it seems very overpriced, which makes my decision even easier.

I won't be buying as I just don't need & am being sensible for once.It is good to see Laura over again, I luckily met her once when she had her Studio in New York, she & Alison were filming.They both stopped what they were doing & came over to chat with me saying how wonderful I looked!!( I was melting in the NY heat! so that was VERY kind)Both nice & natural , they are a good duo presenting as they have a natural banter.

I learned my lesson with Balance and brighten which is rubbish on my skin and I finally stopped falling for the sell, saying "the last one must have been a powdery batch". No. It contains talc. It is a powder. Ignore the " baked cream" nonsense. When you bake anything the water disappears.

I also learned my lesson with laura Geller eyeshadows. They are excellent quality but 9 times out of 10 there are pinks, purples and browns in the kits. These make me look like I have been given a big, purple, black eye so are big no no. I have the "delectable nudes" palette which has more wearable beiges, taupes, golds, creams, a dark chocolate/espresso shade (use this to smudge and soften my espresso liner) and even a green. I also have the mally ageless eyes palette and these are exquisite quality. A sheer veil of pure colour that does not crease. There is a gorgeous lavender-grey shade that I never thought would suit me given my aversion to pinks and lilac shades, but it really looks pretty.

Back to the LG TSV- the blush looks too dark for me, and too brown. The lipstick is also too dark and too brown. I am fair skinned with blonde hair, blue-grey eyes and dark eyelids. Any brown colour near my hair, eyes, lips or cheeks drains me and makes my features look like they are drooping. Any bronzer makes my face look dirty. I need a few brighter pinks and corally pinks in a gloss and a cream blush to make me look healthy and alive. Gloss always looks better on me than lipstick.

I am not going for it. The eye colours are too matte for my liking, I actually like a bit of shimmer personally and I find them difficult to blend. The blusher is definitely not my shade, far too dark. The whole set is a bit too expensive too, one it's over the £40.00 mark it becomes a considered purchase for me. I think quite a bit of that money must have gone on the gift box packaging.

I'm not going for it either.
Got enough B&B to last a lifetime. The blusher & lipstick are too dark & brown for me too, being another pallid skinned, colourless blonde. I need the same sort of colours that Weathergirl described to stop everyone asking if I'm feeling well !
I think it's expensive, especially with the p&p, though it seems to be selling well, over 10 thousand they're saying at eleven o'clock.
Good to see Laura though, she looks really good. The turquoise blouse really suits her.

I learned my lesson with Balance and brighten which is rubbish on my skin and I finally stopped falling for the sell, saying "the last one must have been a powdery batch". No. It contains talc. It is a powder. Ignore the " baked cream" nonsense. When you bake anything the water disappears.

I really tried to like Balance n Brighten. I've bought three different shades to see if poor matching was my problem. I've tried different brushes and sponges to apply it. I've tried it with no primer, with various different LG primers and other brands of primer. Sadly, it ends up looking caked on me and I'd never noticed the crinkles near the corners of my mouth as much as when I'm wearing BnB. It often looks great on the models but I am sceptical about that too because I don't think I've ever seen it applied from scratch on air, so I've no idea whether they are really actually wearing that foundation, let alone how much they've got on. Maybe I've missed better presentations but all I seem to see is Laura or the British guest dusting it on top of an already made-up face. I finally abandoned my strange quest to like it and have gone back to liquid foundations, which I've used for years. How I got sucked into the hype in the first place, I've no idea.

Having condemned BnB there (sorry!), I should just add that I like other LG products and quite enjoy the shows.

I tried the BnB once and it was awful, it sat in the creases around my eyes and just made my skin look dry and flat. I`m in my 60`s and I hate liquid foundations so I thought I`d try LG. Never again.
I now use a compact foundation by No 7 and its brilliant, it goes on as a cream, is easily blended in and gives a matt but not dry looking finish.

I like the eye shadows in the TSV especially that the two darkest ones can be used as a brow filler, that's what I normally do with LG split eye shadows and it works a treat. The models look flawless, not like when Sarah is on, they look very powdery then. And I like the clothes they are wearing today, especially Tara. Perhaps this inflated the TSV price.

Latest posts

Back