Laura Geller balance and brighten....opinions please :)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great question bosrebel, thanks for posting it. I too am tempted with the LG foundation after only hearing about here a couple of days ago. Does anyone know when the TSV is due?

TSV Laura Geller

I just read in the newsletter that there is a TSV on the 29th Feb....ooo not sure i wanna wait that long, i need new foundation now...not that im impatient or anything.. ;)

I too love B&B, in fact it was the make-up I used for my daughter's wedding, together with some Bronze & Brighten (the medium is a little light for me) and Blush & Brighten. It does give a light coverage, but I couldn't bear to use a liquid foundation and I don't wear anything at all if I'm not going anywhere special. I think if you like the 'made-up' look or need heavy coverage for your skin, you wouldn't be happy with it.

I'm also a convert to BnB. Have been using it for quite a few years now and the best thing about it is that I don't feel like I'm wearing anything. An older friend of mine recently started using it and she too is converted. I haven't used any primer for a while (I'm trying to use up all my old bits and pieces of creams, etc). Not sure what to go for next time - might go back to LG again.

I've been using B&B for a few years now. I started of with the original one (now called medium), then moved to fair, and now use porcelain. I *can* use all three, but porcelain is my favourite. Whatever other foundations I try I always end up coming back to this one. I love it for its ease of use, the fact you don't feel you're caked in make up and the fact it looks natural. I'm afraid I can't bear liquid foundations, just a personal thing (though I do wear them from time to time) - so this is perfect for me. I interchange it with a mineral foundation from Elemental Beauty from time to time, but usually end up straight back on the LG. Oh and it lasts forever...so it's worth the money...:grin:

I have tried LG products a couple of times as everyone here raves about them and I returned it as I didnt like the effect. Left my face looking 'dirty' and patchy. But I think I must be in the minority.

Hi there,
I love threads like this as I've got so many great tips from them over the last few months.

Anyway ... I've tried & returned all of the B&Bs as they made me look like a fake tan disaster - until recently when she finally finally brought out a colour that suits me - Porcelain - pale but without loads of yellow in it! I haven't found a primer yet that does what it claims (due to industrial sized pores!) but recently have been using Missha blemish balm as a base - got the recommendation from a thread here, and it seems quite good. Porcelain colour is fantastic for me as I can't get my Prescriptives liquid foundation any more, and although it doesn't give fantastic coverage it does look pretty natural / less made-up. I can get away with using the B&B for concealer & really love the Neopolitan blush/highlighter with it, just need to stock up on the Porcelain B&B now if I could get it without the brush or loads of other stuff.

So now... can anyone tell me if the 'standard' spackle is the same as the champagne or tinted ones? I tried it ages ago & didn't like it, but have been using the other two & they don't annoy my skin but don't quite fill in all the pores. Was wondering if it would be worthwhile trying the original spackle or is it just the same stuff without a tint??

I have tried LG products a couple of times as everyone here raves about them and I returned it as I didnt like the effect. Left my face looking 'dirty' and patchy. But I think I must be in the minority.

I'm with you there rosey, I didn't like the LG on my skin either. Also I found the fair too dark and the porcelain too pale so a lose lose situation really....

Whats the difference between fair and porcelain? Do they have different undertones or is one lighter than the other or both? Which is best for a person that wears Fairly Light in BE.

The B&B is fine when my skins warmer in the summer,but wintertime the fair B&B is like adding a tan face foundation to my pale skin.
I find it ages me,im better off with an exact match.

I love B n B and use the Fair option as I am fairly pale.I did use the BE minerals foundation in fairly light & light but found it to be too messy with all the tapping and buffing. I still use B n B in fair in the summer, but only lightly then go over with the Bronze n Brighten. I do not use a primer - just make sure moisturiser has sunk in properly beforehand. I also find that these last absolutely ages.

Last edited:
Whats the difference between fair and porcelain? Do they have different undertones or is one lighter than the other or both? Which is best for a person that wears Fairly Light in BE.

The Porcelain is lighter than the Fair, but for me the main difference is that Fair has more yellow in it which doesn't suit me. The Porcelain has more pink which matches my skintone well - in the Prescriptives range I was the palest shade with blue/red undertones so it's usually difficult to get a light enough foundation (both in the dreaded High St & elsewhere!).

I found Bare Escentuals Fairly Light too yellow for me as well, their Fair colour was ok but harder to get - but nightmarishly messy (I still manage to make a mess even with B&B or the Smashbox one).

Wanted to love this product so much-but it's not for me.

Tried one that turned me red (without or without primer ) & the porcelain one was looked so 'powdery' on me. Really disappointed :(

I've been considering whether to try this foundation and have been having a dig around for more information. Seems the B&B contains alot of talc so decided to plump for trying a range which isn't on QVC.

It is a brand called Lily LoLo and the great thing is that they offer sample sizes of the foundation shades (of which there are many) and finishing powders for £1.49 each (and if you use Quidco there is a 8% cashback). This is mineral foundation but doesn't contain the Bismuth Oxychloride ingredient which is an irritant for some.

I've ordered a few samples now and can't wait for them to arrive to try. Just thought some of you might be interested.

let us know how you get on opal - i don't get on with b&b and be is just too messy.

I've been considering whether to try this foundation and have been having a dig around for more information. Seems the B&B contains alot of talc so decided to plump for trying a range which isn't on QVC.

It is a brand called Lily LoLo and the great thing is that they offer sample sizes of the foundation shades (of which there are many) and finishing powders for £1.49 each (and if you use Quidco there is a 8% cashback). This is mineral foundation but doesn't contain the Bismuth Oxychloride ingredient which is an irritant for some.

I've ordered a few samples now and can't wait for them to arrive to try. Just thought some of you might be interested.

I had a feeling B & B contained Talc of some description as it sits in my lines and looks so powdery on me. I personally prefer tinted moisturiser, love my Laura Mercier one. I hope your search is sucessful.

there is something in BnB that seems to make me break out after a few days. Same with cleanse and polish (although completely unrelated!). I do like Laura's barely there tinted moisturiser though. It is the only tinted moisturiser I've found that doesn't make me look like I've smeared grease on my face.

just thought i'd mention as she'll be popping up later tonight ;) i've got the judith williams tinted moisituriser and quite like it :)

Our lovely Barbedwire is a Lily Lolo fan if I remember rightly. I remember having a looky a while ago after it was mentioned. :nod:

Our lovely Barbedwire is a Lily Lolo fan if I remember rightly. I remember having a looky a while ago after it was mentioned. :nod:

I am indeed - Lily Lolo are super. I love their foundations and blushers, lovely coverage and very natural looking. For mineral make up I always either go to them or Elemental Beauty. Neither can be beaten (for me anyway!) :nod:

Latest posts

Back