Laundry TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flying Pigs

Registered Shopper
This is the one that made the clothes and the washing machine stink. There are no reviews - is this because they have added a new fragrance and can say it is a new product?

I've been receiving these on auto delivery for nearly a year now - had the spring fresh I think, did not stink and washes my clothes etc really well. I always use 2 sheets and never overfill the machine.

Glad it worked for you. My experience was awful. Cancelled the auto option. Only two of us here now family grown up so washing machine does not get filled up. It is a Bosch and two years old.

Glad it worked for you. My experience was awful. Cancelled the auto option. Only two of us here now family grown up so washing machine does not get filled up. It is a Bosch and two years old.

I think there might have been a thread on this some months back, but it seems that people expecting it to remove previous stains iykwim, were disappointed as these didn't. BUT it seems that previous use of fabric conditioner can lock stains into fabric if the washing powder does not get them out first. Hope that makes sense. As I have not used powder or fabric conditioner for nearly a year my fabrics seem to wash much better now.

they didn't make my machine smell but didn't get the washing clean or leave it smelling nice. i thought they were awful.

Never use fabric conditioner so it couldn't have been that Reflexgirl.

Um, well I dont know why we should have different experiences. I remember the reveiws and people seemed to love it or hate, very mixed. I wonder if the water has anything to do with it - different minerals etc in different parts of the country? Or the water temperature?? Who knows!
I will add though, that if I have, say, splashed bolognese sauce down me, I have and will continue to use vanish on it before it gets washed - have always used that even when I used ordinary washing powder. But the sheets on their own always seem get ordinary dirt out.

I wish he'd bring Stainz r out to QVC, I bought a joblot from JML years ago and now all the sheets have run out and I'm down to 2 small bottles. The liquid is fab but the tub of sheets were better still...if the kids spilled anything on the carpet or on themselves they knew to get a "banana wipe" on it proto. My son even used them to clean his footy boots which somehow got stained and they came up like new. It's based on banana oil and because they liked the smell they'd happily clean anything with them. They still have the bottles on the jml website so I might stock up but I wish Acorn or whatever his name it would bring back the sheets. Mind you it's amazing what you can clean with bog-standard baby-wipes. I have the S2O liquid but didn't find it as good.
It's true about laundry, people have been brought up to think clean clothes smell of laundry detergents, but bran' new clothes don't. Years ago my mum did wash loads and forgot to put in the detergent and the clothes looked and smelled fine, I'm sure it's more the aggitation in the machine that does a lot of the cleaning...like bashing your loin cloth on a rock on a riverback! Maybe if you have a very physical or grubby job you'd need a chemical boost in every wash.

Jude xx

Last edited:
I have always been very suspicious about the demo where the guest spills all the liquids on the clothing. Looking closely it appears that the fabric is coated with something waterproof as they liquid doesnt seem to soak right in but rather sits on top of the fabric. I have no experience using the S2O so cant comment on the reality!

I`ve never tried any of the afore mentioned but I did try soap nuts for a while. They work quite well actually, don`t have any fragrance to them, you just throw the used nuts on the compost heap when they`ve been used a few times and they`re really economical. I bought a bag off Ebay and they lasted me a year because you only use a few of them at a time and put them into a little net bag in the machine and the same bag of nuts can be used about 4 times. I also boiled up some of the nuts in a litre of water for around 30 minutes, leave the nuts in the liquid til it goes cold, strain it into a bottle and its great for handwashing, cleaning anything at all and removing stains.

I have always been very suspicious about the demo where the guest spills all the liquids on the clothing. Looking closely it appears that the fabric is coated with something waterproof as they liquid doesnt seem to soak right in but rather sits on top of the fabric. I have no experience using the S2O so cant comment on the reality!

There definitely was something dodgy going on when the guy does the two yellow pieces of fabric demo, the one that he washed with the regular washing liquid soaked into the cloth before it entered the water , where as the cloth that he was using his laundry sheets with didnt soak in before entering the water.

Latest posts

Back