L'Artisan item OTO and another at clearance price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

****** heck Donna!! That's what I call a collection.

I've got five. I'm like the poor relation of perfumes lol.

I'm not being sarky at all. You clearly love your perfumes and why not. You clearly understand perfumes and their complexities too.

Wearing pomegranate noir again today. Still loving it.

Everyone has a passion and collects different things.

Of course Tinkerbelle I know you are not being sarky:up:

I had an unfortunate experience with Pom Noir. I bought it and later that day was very very ill for 24 hours. I had to give my bottle away in the end as every time I smelt it I was transported back to that day.

I had 3 perfumes but now I have 9 as I bought the L'Artisan 6 piece set. I tried Traversee du Bosphore and initially didn't like it but it grew on me as it developed. Now trying Nuit de Tubereuse - though it has given me a headache to start with. These are not perfumes that I would normally buy if I smelt them in a shop.

I've had perfumes give me a headache in the past. It really put me off. Years ago I think I tried Fleur Des Fleur or some such. Gave me really bad head and like Donna I've never worn it since.

I had an unfortunate experience with Pom Noir. I bought it and later that day was very very ill for 24 hours. I had to give my bottle away in the end as every time I smelt it I was transported back to that day.

Oooh Donna, a perfume that actually made you ill, yuk! I can understand that actually as altho not experienced that myself a few have given me headaches & I just couldn't get rid of the smell once tested in the shop. Opium, poison, Dune & Arden's Red Door spring to mind, (a good few years ago now).

I love Pom Noir so will have to sniff out the Guerlain. Angel, poison and opium all give me a headache.

Oh, Donna, can I ask for your help with your expertise? I wear Donna Karen Cashmere Mist all the time, a lovely light fragrance. Can you think if any others that might appeal? Hope you don't mind me picking your brains.

Nikki, we call those scrubbers, if they don't gel with your chemistry you rush to scrub them off. A running job on the boards is for some reason scrubbers are hard to scrub off.

No perfume has ever given me a headache. I have a technique for trying. I spray in the air and sniff, then on a card or spill as they call them. If I think they are save with try on the skin. Doesn't always work though. Van Cleef Fairy, smell really nice using these techniques, then it hit my skin and was awful!

Smell and memory are very close. People look at photos of holidays etc and can remember everything that happened. But smell is the same. You are walking along and suddenly smell a perfume say your mother wore. Bang you are remembering your mother.

Dips. Not actually the same as CM, but give Burberry Body a try. It has the clean soft powdery feel. Or even one of the Graces by Philosophy(not a fan of those so cannot remember exactly which one had the clean skin powdery vibe, might have been Baby Grace???)

Coughs, last count 168!

Bliddy Hoole! Now THAT's a collection.

I have 9, comprising of chanel no 5, Eau de Joy, L'Air du Temps, Windsong, L''Occitane Ambre and an ornate perfume bottle containing a now discontinued bottle of the body shop tea rose perfume oil. I have a real love of Rose perfumes (although for some reason I went off Ralph Lauren Romance). I have started to collect L'Occitane rose-themed EDT's as I have totally fallen in love with Rose Quattre Reinnes, the smell of it just sends me to heaven! I picked up a brand new Rose de Champs on ebay and my most recent addition to the L'Occitane rose theme resulted from a swap with a fellow forumite who sent me Rose nuit de Mai. That is nice too, but it has parma violet at the beginning so is probably my least favourite.

I have to say I am really impressed with many L'Occitane EDT's as they last as long as many expensive EDP's. the ingredients also include absolute extraits too on some of them I think. Very impressed. However they don't get top marks from me because of the dreadful Eau D'Iparie- which too me was an immediate "scrubber" lol!

And I was the lucky recipient !

I tend to go for my Lalique ones. Fleur de Cristal is my absolute fav. Probably cos I've always managed to get it at a bargain price lol. Selfridges £95 for 100ml, cheapsmells.com last year, about £30, Amazon this year £34.20 including postage, all sealed brand new & not tester bottles :wink: I also love Lalique Amethyst, Donna you're right, it reminds me of summer blackberry & blackcurrant picking on a hot day as a child.
Fler de Cristal for me is similar to Liz Earle's face tonic, it just has more depth/notes.

Tried 3 of the L'Artisan perfumes from the box set so far. I think they are too exotic for me. I am more of a floral type person. They also remind me of the perfumes my stepmother wears - robe d'un soir. Anyway I will try the last 3 this week before deciding whether to return them or not

Perfumes are a real problem for me because they're a major migraine trigger in my case. All it takes is for someone to walk past me in a shop wearing the "wrong" perfume (or after shave) and my head explodes and I spend the next 12 hours flat out in the dark. My head will actually hurt as I smell it. As you can imagine, testing and finding a perfume I can wear myself is a minefield.

Oh Scout, that sounds awful. I suppose the laundry conditioners are also a nightmare? I know I got for sensitive if I have to use those, they are so synthetic and strong.

iloveshopping, Drole d'Rose from L'Artisan is like old fashioned violets and roses.

Some laundry conditioners are fine Donna, the problem is that until I smell something I don't know if it's going to affect me adversely. I can have a problem with anything that has a perfume in it, room fresheners, soaps, shower gels, even cut flowers. With a lot of products, even if they don't trigger a migraine they give me a thumping headache, but another from the same manufacturer can be absolutely fine. A lot of florals are a problem, lily and honeysuckle kill me, but my absolute favourite fragrance is violets. I tend to stick with products I know are ok rather than try new things, but then someone will sit at the next desk at work and their perfume will flatten me - I've had to ask people a number of times if they could please not wear that perfume or aftershave at work when they sit near me. Very embarrassing, but people have been very good and stopped wearing it when they've realised why.

I used to work with a girl who drown herself in Calvin Klein Escape, I do mean drown in it she must have used a gallon a week. After that I thought CK should have been strangled at birth.

CK Escape smells like hairspray to me, all day of it uuugggh. Scout, that must be awful but I can understand it as to a far lesser degree I can have a headache if subjected to a smell that disagrees with me. If someone asked me to refrain from wearing a fragrance for your reasons I would totally understand.

Latest posts

Back