Lady presenting Yankee hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LilacTree

Registered Shopper
I know she's presented Yankee hours before, but watching the first 10mins, I realised that she's a much better guest than Michaela who is the regular Yankee guest. I find Michaela a bit 'waspish' and cutting in her comments. The lady currently presenting (Rose?) seems really genuine. :up:

I totally agree , she is very nice and natural unlike the other Yankee guest who I can't take to.

Michaela is nice enough but I do find Rose very much at ease on camera and she comes across as someone you could sit down with and have a cup of tea with (or something a bit stronger). She's very good at talking about candles without having to struggle for some new adjective to use to say the same thing again and again. She seems comfortable doing her job.

I don't think Michaela's very bright judging by some of the crap she talks. I'd be far more likely to buy a candle off Rosa (well, I would if they didn't smell of paraffin wax and leave black smuts all over the walls).

Yes i agree the new lady is lovely. Really like guests like her who are calm, knowledgeable and dont enter into any power struggles with the presenters! Nicky from Birkenstock, Carolyn from South western silver,Marie Francoise from Kipling, Lee from Bare Minerals and SJ from BM are all guests i look forward to watching and funnily enough love their products too.

I really enjoyed the yankee candles hours (I watched Saturday's show), I have ordered a few of their candles (my favourite is Beach Walk) and I ordered the super bargain price set on Saturday :sun:.

I have to agree that the Yankee candle lady was lovely, down to earth and informative with regards to yankee products but I must admit I missed Craig doing the shows as well :doh:

Rosa was brought in after Michaela was taken off air by Yankee becauseshe was coming off as bored/disinterested. Michaela kicked off to such an extent that she was reinstated, with Rosa as back up.

I was told this by forum member here who said she had worked on the QVC account at Yankee.

Rosa was brought in after Michaela was taken off air by Yankee becauseshe was coming off as bored/disinterested. Michaela kicked off to such an extent that she was reinstated, with Rosa as back up.

I was told this by forum member here who said she had worked on the QVC account at Yankee.[/QUOTE

Well if that's the case, Yankee were quite correct to remove Michaela as she does come across as if she's only there for the money. She probably wouldn't be missed if Rosa took over permanently. Michaela? Michaela who?

I agree. She is one sour faced witch. And some major bloopers such as "I don't burn candles, I have a child". Yes dear, that might be the case but not when you're on telly selling them.

I don't understand how she could influence a huge company like Yankee by throwing what seems like a strop! Is she a VIP in Yankeeland?

Well, it's Yankee Uk init. Not that big really. Anyway I am simply reporting what I was told.

Thanks for that BB. Don't even know why I bothered to ask cos I couldn't give a monkey's really!

I agree. She is one sour faced witch. And some major bloopers such as "I don't burn candles, I have a child". Yes dear, that might be the case but not when you're on telly selling them.
What a numpty for saying that on Q! I have children and I burn yankee candles....maybe it's just me but I keep candles away from a child's reach and I don't make them run around the house with them lol

I find Yankee Candles get rid of the smell of nappies/pottys.

Its common sense, surely? Put them away from a child's reach, a curtain next to a draft from an open window...

"I don't burn candles, I have a child". ??

To the tune of White Christmas: "Children roasting on an open fire..."

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back