L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, a bit hard as I have to use a stick presently, and they were quite a way in front of me.

Also, it is their decision to buy from an L'Occitane store. You cannot stop people buying something which is legal to do so.

So when are you going to stand outside an L'Occitane store near you and shout at people going in?
It was sort of a joke, & I understand your position. Prior to the change from L'occy, I would probably Tut, huff & mutter outside the store - except there isn't one in my town.

I'd really miss the l'occ. Parhaps they will push the MB or goaty one

QVC has shown their position with them … it’s going to be extremely awkward .. what’s loccitane going to say “ excuse me .. we are behaving now, can we come back “?
The damage is done .. just took too long .. it will damage relations for sure because QVC won’t know which way to turn now … shall we shan’t we ? … 💰

Somebody should ask on their Facebook page.

Someone has raised that on their FB page. I doubt there’ll be an answer though.

To be honest, I think they should shelve it for the time being because it would make a mockery of the fact that QVC were/are supporting Ukraine.

I just think that there are more important things going on in the country and the world at the moment than not being able to buy hand cream or bathing products. Unlike the situation in Ukraine, having no L’occitane TSV is hardly a life or death scenario.

Every time I hear people whinging about having to pay tax on their £109k income or the fact that xyz wasn’t delivered in time I want to shout at them that they didn’t have to write their name on the back of their child incase they got separated in the exodus from Ukraine.

My new carpet was laid only to find a really bad fault running through it . In the 3 weeks I had to wait for a replacement I kept grounded by thinking of those sheltering in cellars without food where a faulty carpet would have been a luxury.

I’ve just been asked by email for more info re my review on Trustpilot. They wanted my name and reference number! Unfortunately I hit the wrong button and didn’t send a coherent reply so have had to add to my review that it wasn’t about an order, but business ethics.

Every time I hear people whinging about having to pay tax on their £109k income or the fact that xyz wasn’t delivered in time I want to shout at them that they didn’t have to write their name on the back of their child incase they got separated in the exodus from Ukraine.

My new carpet was laid only to find a really bad fault running through it . In the 3 weeks I had to wait for a replacement I kept grounded by thinking of those sheltering in cellars without food where a faulty carpet would have been a luxury.
Absolutely loveallthingsitalian .. I keep telling myself I’m blessed and should be immensely grateful 🥲 especially if I have a minor whinge that I go over the top with

This the response I received to my email asking them to close my account:

Thank you for taking the time to contact L'Occitane.

We strongly condemn the unjustified invasion of Ukraine by Russia.

Over the last few weeks, we have significantly scaled back our business operations in Russia in response to the tragedy that is unfolding for the Ukrainian population. We have suspended investment and expansion plans and halted sales into Russia.

Given the enormous human suffering being caused by escalating military action in Ukraine and to protect our employees worldwide from potential public aggression, we have decided to close our own stores and e-commerce websites in Russia.

This decision has been discussed at length and approved by the Company Board of Directors.

Our priority remains taking care of our employees.

Concerning Ukraine, we are firmly committed to our distribution partner and its employees.

We maintain regular communication with them and are providing support so that those affected can get to safety. Furthermore, we will pay the salaries of our distribution partner's employees in Ukraine.

At the same time, we aim to support and protect our Russian employees and we will also continue to pay their salaries.

We will continue to ensure the safety and well-being of all our employees around the world, in line with our Company's commitment to people.

As per your request, we have now begun the process to delete your data and confirm that all information we hold on you will be completely removed within one month. In the meantime we have opted you out of all communication and closed your account.

I hope this helps to clarify our position and remain at your service if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

L’Occitane Customer Care

Over the last few weeks, we have significantly scaled back our business operations in Russia in response to the tragedy that is unfolding for the Ukrainian population. We have suspended investment and expansion plans and halted sales into Russia.

Took them long enough since the invasion occurred on 24 February and it’s easy to “postpone “ investment and expansion which is way in the future and may never happen anyway. Still I suppose it salves the conscience .

I never get involved with the politics of other countries but in this case you would need to made of stone not to feel for those people who have had to leave their homes. They don’t want to be in a position of a refugee being taken in by other countries, they are not economic refugees, they want to live and work in their own country.

Interesting 🤔 looks like L'Occ have entered the MLM market, so maybe they have got the boot 👢 from Q?

Latest posts

Back