Kuhn Rikon TSV 12/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've already got this ............... and have only used it once. I've got a few Kuhn Rikon things/gadgets but I don't rate this as one of their better ones. I'm sure it will sell though.

I'm also generally a fan of Kuhn Rikon gadgets, - their pressure cooker is fantastic - but this one's definitely not for me.

I had a similar TSV but sent it backk withing about 6 months. I used it a lot but the three metal feet on the basket took off all the non-stick coating where they touched no matter how careful I was. If and only if they've remedied this flaw I'll reorder. Using the basket it doesn't really need to be non-stick. I'll watch and see what they've changed.

I seem to recall there were quite a lot of issues with this the last time it was a TSV... particularly in relation to the non-stick coating.

The last (?couple) of variations they've offered of this pan, including the tsv ones, were coloured and non stick. I know there were lots of issues with the colour and maybe non stick coating too, peeling off etc.
However, both myself and my parents - I bought it for my dad last year when he was well after loving mine so much - are stainless steel like the one in these photos and we all use them almost daily! Mine lives on my hob (that's the idea as they're called 'fourth burner pots' in USA) and esp with the basket are perfect for pasta, veg (ESP good for asparagus and corn on cob) etc... Didn't get them from qvc (cheap on eBay!) so no idea how much these will be but I love mine!

Kuhn Rikon Stainless Steel 1.5L Multi Pot with Basket, Lid and Trivet
Item number: 804660
QVC Price £31.00
Today's Special Value Price £24.96
P&P £4.95

This incredibly useful Multi Pot from Kuhn Rikon can be used as a saucepan, teapot, steamer, measuring jug, colander and more, and is cleverly designed for maximum volume while fitting on the smallest ring on your hob thanks to its tall and thin shape. Why clutter your cupboards with dozens of items when you can simply use the versatile Multi Pot for so many of your cookery needs.

Practical design - made in dishwasher-safe stainless steel, the handles are covered in silicone to protect your hands from the heat, plus it comes with a silicone trivet to protect work surfaces and to double as a drip tray.

Easy cooking - the pot contains a removable stainless steel basket which is ideal for preparing foods such as pasta and vegetables, and can also double as a steamer basket for al dente veggies, eggs or even hotdogs thanks to the built-in hook which allows you to suspend the basket over the pot. Plus, measurements are written on the inside of the pot so you don't need to bother about transferring sauces to measuring jugs to get the exact quantities.

Strainer lid - the lid of the Multi Pot features two different sizes of holes; use the larger size as a strainer when cooking pasta or rice, while the smaller size will filter tea leaves for the perfect brew.

Non-stick
Stainless steel
Suitable for all hob types, including induction
Dishwasher safe
Multi Pot (with lid) (h x w): 28cm x 15cm (11" x 5.9")

Contains:

1 x Multi Pot
1 x lid
1 x basket
1 x trivet

Colour options:

Black
Red
Purple
Blue
Orange

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804660

The last (?couple) of variations they've offered of this pan, including the tsv ones, were coloured and non stick. I know there were lots of issues with the colour and maybe non stick coating too, peeling off etc.
However, both myself and my parents - I bought it for my dad last year when he was well after loving mine so much - are stainless steel like the one in these photos and we all use them almost daily! Mine lives on my hob (that's the idea as they're called 'fourth burner pots' in USA) and esp with the basket are perfect for pasta, veg (ESP good for asparagus and corn on cob) etc... Didn't get them from qvc (cheap on eBay!) so no idea how much these will be but I love mine!

I agree, we've had the stainless steel version for several years now and use it all the time. Brilliant for steaming vegetables, especially asparagus and corn on the cob. Wouldn't be without it and this version appears to have a few improvements.

I've gone for one, as I said the only fault with the last one was the basket scraping off the non stick. I have a similar jug (also without non-stick coating) bought from Lakeland donkeys' years ago. Used on our induction hob it boils faster than any kettle we've had so when our last kettle died we didn't replace it. Now they've ditched the non-stick coating this will get so much use in our house. It's also easier to lift and carry than the equivalent weight of contents on the end of a normal pan handle I've found.

Mine is the stainless steel one but I have only used it once, as I said in my earlier post. I bought it initially to cook pasta in but found that the spaghetti came out through the holes in the basket, more so than when I use a colander. Maybe I should try it for something other than that after some of these posts. It's at the back of my cupboard .......... for the moment. :wink:

Mine is the stainless steel one but I have only used it once, as I said in my earlier post. I bought it initially to cook pasta in but found that the spaghetti came out through the holes in the basket, more so than when I use a colander. Maybe I should try it for something other than that after some of these posts. It's at the back of my cupboard .......... for the moment. :wink:
It is probably easier to cook the spaghetti without the wire basket and then just use the drain holes in the lid to drain it.
I already have an Italian pasta pot with drain holes but the basket is not as deep as the Kuhn rikon one so I have bought it. Will be using it to parboil potatoes, steam veg and make small quantities of soup

It's supposed to be a Swiss product, so why ship an American over to present it?

Anyone could have presented it, and his American pronunciations really grated on me (I would get used to them if I lived in the USA).

What on earth was a SEEEV, and what sort of a herb is BAYSIL? And there were plenty of others, I can't remember most, except that ladle was rather strange as well.

Bless him, if you don't look at the screen his voice reminds me of Kermit the frog.

I forgot he made some TOM-MAY-TOE soup as well.

I am not criticising his accent, I am criticising shipping someone over from the USA to sell a saucepan, and then pronounce everything "wrong" for the UK.

I'm sure Simon Brown could manage to present it on his own; with a smaller carbon footprint.

aww i like Mark (the guest presenter)

I quite like him too (I also like Kermit so that may be a factor). I find some of the American fashion guests more irritating "pants" or "panties" or "trousers" or just plain funny "Khaki" pronounced "cacky" (I know, but childish toilet humour helps break up the pretentious fashion spiel) and not forgetting "tush" and "fanny"!

Latest posts

Back