Kitchenaid TSV Saturday 4/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Supercoolwillow ........ Are you out there ? ��

I have 'searched' myself - to no avail

x

Just had a look at the accessories that they have for the Kitchenaid cos I'm after the Flex Edge beater and thought I might use my easy pay code. £40.50 + 2.95 delivery!! Lakeland have it for 29.00 + 2.99, a huge difference. Love the review that rates it but didn't buy from QVC and advises you to shop around lol. Surprised that slipped through.

Just had a look at the accessories that they have for the Kitchenaid cos I'm after the Flex Edge beater and thought I might use my easy pay code. £40.50 + 2.95 delivery!! Lakeland have it for 29.00 + 2.99, a huge difference. Love the review that rates it but didn't buy from QVC and advises you to shop around lol. Surprised that slipped through.

I agree always shop around, QVC are actually the dearest place to shop, with expensive slow deliveries and an awful fourteen days refund policy.

I agree always shop around, QVC are actually the dearest place to shop, with expensive slow deliveries and an awful fourteen days refund policy.

Have just ordered from Lakeland, spent an extra fiver on a couple of bits and got free p+p plus a free box of chocs worth 7.99!! Outstanding customer service from Lakeland too.

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I was hoping for something better than a repeat TSV !

The gadget set does not appeal at all.

Thanks though X

The Kitchenaid mixers look stunning but I've noticed that demonstrators, and not just on Q, always have to hold down the front unsupported part with heavier mixes, something I don't do with my Kenwood which now costs about £140 on amazon. If you're going to get a Kitchenaid, I'd plump for the Artisan model which has a stronger engine, though I've seen that being held down to stabilize it, too. Maybe someone here can give me the lie to that and say they don't have to stabilize theirs.

Regarding the 14 day refund policy... I think this must be very random depending on the department. I have noticed some categories take ages to get a refund. But I had an email this morning for set of Tarte eyeshadow that I returned by post only on Wednesday!

KitchenAid K45 Classic Mixer w/ Coloured Ceramic Bowl & 5 Piece Gadget Set
Item Number: 803919
QVC Price: £399.00
Today's Special Value Price £329.88
P&P £0.00

Robust, stable and stylish, the KitchenAid K45 features a tilted mixer head with a stainless steel bowl, a variety of accessories including three types of mixing attachments, plus for the first time in the UK; a coloured ceramic bowl. Whether you're whipping up a feast for friends or cooking with the kids, the KitchenAid is perfect for indulging your creativity in the kitchen.

Accessories for everything - the K45 comes with the standard stainless steel mixing bowl, a dough hook, a whisk and a flat beater, a coloured ceramic bowl and a red gadget set which comprises a can opener, spatula, peeler, ice-cream scoop and whisk.

Stylish and sturdy - features a high-gloss white finish, a durable full-metal construction and a smooth design that will look great in any kitchen whilst being easy to clean. The 10-speed power control means you can adjust the mixer to suit you and the direct drive makes it as quiet as it is reliable.

Take the effort out of baking - the K45 allows you to mix, knead, whip, whisk and stir so you can create everything from delicious cupcakes and cookies to birthday and wedding cakes, plus savoury dishes such as pizza, bread and scones. It uses original planetary action for fast and thorough mixing and has a large capacity bowl for preparing both small and large quantities of food.

Contains:

1 x K45 Mixer with 4L stainless steel bowl
1 x dough hook
1 x whisk
1 x flat beater
1 x instruction book

Also comes with:

1 x coloured ceramic bowl (4.8L) - in a choice of Black, White, Blue, Purple or Yellow
1 x red gadget set comprising a can opener (20.3cm/8"), mixing spatula (32.4cm/12.75"), euro peeler (18.4cm/7.25"), ice cream scoop (22.8cm/9") and utility whisk (25.4cm/10")

Technical specifications:

10-speed power control
Full metal construction
Direct drive
Speed: 58RPM - 220RPM
Measures: 36cm x 22cm x 36.5cm (14.2" x 8.6" x 14.3")
Weight: 13kg
Mains lead: 1.37m

Behind the brand
KitchenAid began in 1919 producing the very best in engineering, quality, style and design and is still producing the same quality craftsmanship, versatile technology and timeless style today. Whip your kitchen into shape with high-quality appliances from KitchenAid.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.803919

The Kitchenaid mixers look stunning but I've noticed that demonstrators, and not just on Q, always have to hold down the front unsupported part with heavier mixes, something I don't do with my Kenwood which now costs about £140 on amazon. If you're going to get a Kitchenaid, I'd plump for the Artisan model which has a stronger engine, though I've seen that being held down to stabilize it, too. Maybe someone here can give me the lie to that and say they don't have to stabilize theirs.

I don't find I have to hold mine down and it doesn't move around.

I've got the Classic which I've had for about 2 years - it's worth every penny and I am happy with the motor strength.

I've used Harts of Stur for quite a lot of accessories and have found them to be brilliant.

http://www.hartsofstur.com/

Edited to add: This TSV has an extra bowl - this will be really useful as it means you can do two mixes without washing up in between.

kenwood and kitchenaid are fully cast iron..you dont need to hold them down. the white kitchenaid that qvc sell in shows are the entrypoint mixers. not the most powerful they make. but tbh how much power do you need

Regarding the 14 day refund policy... I think this must be very random depending on the department. I have noticed some categories take ages to get a refund. But I had an email this morning for set of Tarte eyeshadow that I returned by post only on Wednesday!

Wow good is that, I can honestly say in twenty one years, in all honesty that the earliest I've ever had a refund is ten days, and that's when I've had to chase it up, when I haven't and I've left it they keep on saying wait fourteen days, even when I've had proof that I never received it because it's stuck at the hub at Hermes.

I like the look of it but buying it won't make me cook more..........well at all really........I don't cook :mysmilie_61: Just wondering why the accessories weren't better though out, I mean, why would you want a little hand whisk when you've just spent over three hundred pound on a mixer? Just to pad out the price by the looks.

Ms Keenan's just come out with a pile of guff about if you already own a kitchen aid you might want to buy another as a gift for someone so you can keep the gadget set.
Brilliant idea, pass me the phone....... Tut.

Ms Keenan's just come out with a pile of guff about if you already own a kitchen aid you might want to buy another as a gift for someone so you can keep the gadget set.
Brilliant idea, pass me the phone....... Tut.

Silly woman!!! Why do they come out with such rubbish?

Seems a bit silly buying a whole new mixer for £330 for a set of cooking utensils, Kitchenaid probably over charge for them too because you can get sets like this for £20. I can't watch Alison Keenan, she talks so fast it gives me a headache.

I was watching for some ideas for recipes. Hardly any ideas at all. Ed doesn't le to get his hands dirty.

Latest posts

Back