Kitchenaid TSV 4 November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've made mention of it before on this forum, but I bought my KA Artisan from an authorised seller of KA "seconds" - he's based in Belgium, same home of KitchenAid Europe. The defects are purely cosmetic, a few scuffs at most, but they are photographed for you to see so you make an informed choice. The KA itself is in full working order, comes with 5 year warranty and comes with spill guard, mixer bowl, beater, dough hook and whisk. Mine is in Candy Apple Red and has 2 minor marks on the back of it which are barely noticeable. I paid £309 including Parcelforce 48 shipping from Belgium. It arrived 4 days later (weekend in between). Its perfect and I am more than happy to pay over £100 less for my KA Artisan for the sake of a couple of minor scuffs. His white Artisans can be bought for £250 plus £10 postage. The link to his auctions are as follows:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/electrostockbe/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

If he doesn't have your colour, always worth checking back every few days for new stock. I found my Candy Apple Red Artisan when I checked back a week later.

If you're happy to put up with a couple of minor defects, save yourself from paying a humungous amount from QVC (even if it is on easy pay as they usually are), and buy it from this seller. I'm very happy with my lovely KA Artisan and enjoy it even more knowing how much I paid for it.

Another tip: its worth investing in the KitchenAid Flex Edge Beater attachment for £29 as it scrapes everything from the side of the bowl as it beats, which the standard beater doesn't do.

I know the TSV will probably come with loads of attachments to justify the high price, but I took the view that not only did I want to save a lot of money but I wanted to get to know my Artisan first before buying attachments I might not actually need or want. And those that I do want - well, they make great birthday or Xmas present ideas from my OH.

Just thought I'd post this info for anyone thinking of seriously investing in the upcoming TSV, whatever it will be - which will probably be a KitchenAid mixer in some form.

Thanks for this Flamenco, I checked this out when I read your previous post and have one on my Ebay watch list! :handshake:

I watched a presentation of the KitchenAid that's just under £400 on QVC the other day (not the one that had been the TSV with all the bits like the ice-cream maker that I'd probably never use) and I'm sure that they said this was the last of the stock and they wouldn't be re-ordering it. Made me wonder whether the upcoming TSV might be the cheaper one, whether they might try and bring a simpler kit in and try and compete with Amazon on pricing for example? Probably not :giggle:. Have to say I'm a little confused by KitchenAids (it doesn't take much to confuse me :blush: :giggle:.) Can anyone explain the key differences between the Artisan and the Classic mixers please? :handshake:

buy british. i have a kenwood titanium chef. it comes with so many extras,food processor and a liquidiser and the rubber spatula blade to for scraping the bowl.
because it has 1400 watts to can mix anything.
the cost on amazon was a tad over £200 and the reliability record is excellent.
i must admit the kitchenaid looks beautifull but i wanted something for a lot less money so opted for the chef!

Thanks Art Deco!

As far as the difference between the Artisan and the Classic goes, the Artisan model has a larger mixing bowl (5qt) with a handle on it, and a larger motor 350watts. Easier to use than the Classic due to the ergonomics of the bowl, so less motor strain when mixing heavy doughs or large batches.

And of course, being a total girlie, the Artisan comes in so many pretty colours - for me the glossy metallic candy apple red pressed all my buttons. She's gorgeous.!

On the point of Kenwood Chef's, they're good machines, but I've come across lots of KC owners who lust after KitchenAids. If I had bought a KC I would have forever wished I had bought an Artisan.:wait::wait:

I got my artisan delivered free from John Lewis, excellent CS and the machine is brilliant we use it for all sorts! :cool: I got a metallic graphite grey colour, grey pearl I think it's called and it's gorgeous! I'm hoping to get the ice cream maker when I get a freezer with a large enough draw :grin:

Ive got a Kenwood Chef that Ive had for years and it does everything, why is the kitchenaid so different, just cant imagine lusting after a food mixer

Ive got a Kenwood Chef that Ive had for years and it does everything, why is the kitchenaid so different, just cant imagine lusting after a food mixer
niether can i. ken is here to stay and he looks cool to boot in a retro kind of way. kitchen aid are nice but not for more than double the price. agree that these mixers are very usefull and allow you to prepare food to a very high standard and leave your hands free to multitask.
my only sadness is i waited so long to buy one.
my kids think that they are so clever! whichever you choose you will enjoy them!

I've had my Kenwood for nearly 25 years, and considering when I got it as a Christmas pressie from the ex hubbie, I had not wanted it at all...but don't think you can beat them, especially for bread making. Bought a Magimix 5 years back because of space, love it for making soups and easy cake making, but much prefer results from the Kenwood. Currently it's hiding at the back of the cellar with all the stuff put there when the builders butchered our kitchen..and it's still not done...but one day I will make it through it all and release it from captivity!!!!

buy british. i have a kenwood titanium chef.

niether can i. ken is here to stay and he looks cool to boot in a retro kind of way.

I've had my Kenwood for nearly 25 years

I've got the kMix.
I luuuuuuurve it.
Yes ladies but the burning question is...would you be happy to pose with it in your avatar?? :tongue:

Unfortunately Kenwood is no longer a British company. It's owned by Delonghi and everything is now made in China.

I got a Chef on ebay - £35 - love it. Don't think I could spend £300-400 on a mixer - would be thinking it would get me a holiday!!!!

Latest posts

Back