KitchenAid TSV 07/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are reviews for it on Amazon.com. Seems people like it. It doesn't always come with the stirrer tower

Without the stirer tower it is just another slow cooker.

I do make a fair bit of risotto and always do the continual stir method but at present I am researching the stock all in at once method.

I dont belong to the school of "I want to be able to talk to everyone when I am cooking" as it is usually a disastar area and then I glide in to the table leaving it all behind.

Anyway I find when making risotto people dont mind taking their turn at a bit of the stirring as they usually dont make it for themselves.

My multi cooker is brilliant and cost me £80, it boils, fry, steams, slow cooks, stews and reheats and I love it, like Thatu has quite rightly pointed out, if it needs a good old stir, I use a spoon. The utensils aren't free with the TSV, the price has been added on.

I would love to know how many of these they actually sell. Don't you think that stirrer thing is so ugly too?

I also thought its a glorified slow cooker........My slow cooker is fantastic can even roast in it and it was nothing like the TSV price .

Pipa has just said you might like to buy it for someone as a present for Christmas. At £384.96!!! How much does she think us normal folk spend on gifts for people?

Come on, now - what's so wrong with donating huge profits to QVC, God love them, after all the goodies they've so lovingly parcelled up and sent out especially for you - at your request, remember - and then even more lovingly written you nice little letters telling you not to be so silly as to return these beautiful items? It's the thought that counts, after all, and QVC have put a lot of thought into the wording of all the cards and letters you've been sent and a lot of love as they parcelled items up with just you in mind.

Ive only turned over twice for a minute to check out the TSV, I haven't laughed like that for ages, almost £400 for basically a multi cooker? Hilarious! :mysmilie_17: Also both times he's cooking the same things, hmm so much for variety hey :mysmilie_17:

Having not seen it, I thought I would just look at the video. No-one warned me it was DF. She said "And another thing... you are saving £8.99 because today it's free postage!"

I have news for QVC, all the big companies, Lakeland, M&S, etc, would not dream of sticking postage charges on top of something costing nearly £400.

In Q land postage at 8.95 is never mentioned (unless it is Chuntley who nwatters on about parking costs on DHS) UNTIL it is free postage and then it is an amaaazzzing savings.

2 faced b******s

well you can make granola in it and yoghurt..i think its a snip :mysmilie_505:

Good point. Still, it's a tricky one. Do you buy - if you don't already have one, or two - an easiyo maker for £8.99? Or the kitchenaid Multicooker for £384.96? Keep in mind, the latter makes more than just yoghurt!:wink:

Good point. Still, it's a tricky one. Do you buy - if you don't already have one, or two - an easiyo maker for £8.99? Or the kitchenaid Multicooker for £384.96? Keep in mind, the latter makes more than just yoghurt!:wink:

well being a person of immense means i would get one in each colour and gift one to the recycling men and anather to the lollipop lady:wink:

well being a person of immense means i would get one in each colour and gift one to the recycling men and anather to the lollipop lady:wink:

As a person of immense means, you obviously have staff to do the stirring for you, thus not needing the device at all. You could use it as an ice bucket for your champagne.

Was it QVC or Ideal World who did a battery operated pan stirrer a few years ago for a fraction of the price? It was a horrible spidery looking thing. Does anyone else think this Kitchen Aid gadget looks like a right rip off gimmick. In all honestly I would only use it for the slow cooker mode and you can get them very cheap. Can anyone really be arsed to make their own granola (it take two hours in this machine) for heavens sake! I wouldn't want this cluttering my kitchen tops up gathering dust because that is what it would do in my house.

The multi cooker is an insane price I nearly lost my breath when I saw it on screen!!

But yes granola! As a family we've always made our own and I have coeliacs so kind of need to now BUT it isn't hard and it certainly doesn't take 2 hours!! And why on earth you would do it in that £400 machine I have no idea?!

Basically you mix your oats, seeds, grains etc with honey and some good oil (coconut is great) then you bake on a tray to colour and crisp up. When it's cool you can add any dried fruits you would like and hey presto!
It keeps well in an air tight jar for a good week or more and it's delish on thick yoghurt with some fruit :)

Without the stirer tower it is just another slow cooker.

I do make a fair bit of risotto and always do the continual stir method but at present I am researching the stock all in at once method.

I dont belong to the school of "I want to be able to talk to everyone when I am cooking" as it is usually a disastar area and then I glide in to the table leaving it all behind.

Anyway I find when making risotto people dont mind taking their turn at a bit of the stirring as they usually dont make it for themselves.

I love risotto and I can't deny that the classic slow, stirring method produces the best results but I have a couple of recipes - one mushroom and one roasted pepper - risottos which go in he the oven and don't require any stirring at all :)
They may not be the same as a proper one but they're still amazing and highly recommended.
Bbc good food website has a few good recipes if you're interested...

I've sat through 2 demos now, and i still have no clue what on earth could justify the ridiculous price.

What is the betting they are still trying to flog leftover stock, on easypay, next Summer?

Latest posts

Back