Kipling new designs, new prices?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Is it me or for the new designs (lovely and fresh that they are) have the prices gone through the roof.

Seems that more are now well over £100, and a lot nearer £150.

The guest Marie was saying that their new range which had prices mainly over £120 was recyclable! Lovely though they were I did find they were overpriced

Very expensive now! Can't see them selling as many, I certainly won't be buying from them. Much better deals on Amazon.

Kipling prices have soared the last few years, even the basic bags are much more expensive than they were!

They certainly were beautiful bags and designs. Overpriced though, I know recycling is important etc, but I don't want a bag to cost me £100 that is made of recycled material!

I've also found that the 'made for qvc' are of substandard quality anyway. The linings are generally white and the internal stitching is inferior to those bought elsewhere.

I think I have my 'quota' of Kipling now - one for every conceivable occasion, so won't be paying these higher prices.

I've also found that the 'made for qvc' are of substandard quality anyway. The linings are generally white and the internal stitching is inferior to those bought elsewhere.

I think I have my 'quota' of Kipling now - one for every conceivable occasion, so won't be paying these higher prices.

These days I prefer to look elsewhere for the Kipling bags I like. You can actually get quite decent prices from Kipling themselves during their sales and other promotions... then of course a number of Kipling buyers here have had some great bargains with the Vente Privee sales. QVC really seem to have gone in a counterproductive direction with Kipling - too many bags you can't get elsewhere because they can't get the discounts that make them truely good value to shop with... it's the only way we can't compare and see what a poor deal their bags are. Really Kipling on QVC is either the preserve of the dedicated collector of any and all patterns and designs, including these "exclusives" or it's where you start with Kipling - using the 30 day MBG to try and see if they suit your lifestyle and meet your expectations.

I suppose if you are a Kipling fan you will want the newest designs ASAP which means paying full price. As with most things it takes at least one season for them to reach sale prices.

Someone on the QVC FB mentioned this as well. A few comments from people who bought Kipling from the beginning, now saying the quality is no where as good.

I admit I find Kipling very boring now with their patterns and designs. I still have 3 from the City Range and have used an April for must be 5 years or more as my everyday bag.

I`ve never been a collector I buy what I need colour style etc. and as I have most colours I don`t see the need to buy anymore especially if the prices have risen ..at the end of the day they are cloth bags and to my mind we shouldn`t be paying leather prices which its creeping up to !!

Kipling have become very expensive. My self imposed limit for a Kipling bag is £45 including postage, I'm just not prepared to pay more than that, and would pay £25 max for one of their small bags.

I love my Kipling bags but I thought it was April 1st when I saw the £192 price tag on the large bag! Utterly absurd. Re quality, I haven't bought a TSV for a while, bit I must say that the quality of the latest one is excellent and I've had a lot of compliments and positive remarks from friends when using it.

The guest Marie was saying that their new range which had prices mainly over £120 was recyclable! Lovely though they were I did find they were overpriced

Made out of old plastic bottles, apparently. And they charge a premium, for bags made from rubbish!

Made out of old plastic bottles, apparently. And they charge a premium, for bags made from rubbish!

Amazing what they're making out of plastic bottles nowadays. 5 x 2-litre bottles make enough polyester for a square yard of carpet, 63 bottles makes a sweater, and 10 bottles makes a t-shirt.

Latest posts

Back