Kipling Bags.. HELP!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JillzzZ

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone.. Just a quick question..

Does anyone know if Kipling bags are washable (machine or hand) I have just looked out a small white one for my holiday and itsa bit grubby.. do I dare wash it? eek.. not sure what to do wash or not wash??

Help...... Whaddya think?? :confused:

If it is from the Basic Kipling range it is fine to wash in the machne on 30 degrees. Don't think any of the other ranges should be washed in machine.

You can wash the nylon bags. Some say hand wash only though but most can go in the machine. I've got a few ( well maybe 10 plus lol) but haven't washed any yet.

Thought I better double check the info I gave you. Just been on Kipling site and they say to wipe clean the bags with a damp cloth. I am sure I have heard them on QVC saying it is ok to put in the machine but maybe better play it safe. Hope this helps.

I remember Lorraine from Kipling once said that it was fine to wash the nylon bags at 40c, but then that they had had a couple of cases of people doing them at 90c (?!) and complaining at the result and so changed the advice to wipe clean. She (and a couple of presenters) always said they still put theirs in the machine, but it was at their own risk. Guess it's your call - how much do you love the bag and how gutted would you be if it didn't wash well?!

HTH

Hi Everyone.. Just a quick question..

Does anyone know if Kipling bags are washable (machine or hand) I have just looked out a small white one for my holiday and itsa bit grubby.. do I dare wash it? eek.. not sure what to do wash or not wash??

Help...... Whaddya think?? :confused:

The plain ones are ok to machine wash, but I have a cuby bag and it was mentioned just to wipe it over, which is a shame as I would have preferred to wash it.

I have one that's been through the wash (gentle 40 degrees) - my old faithful Candy in chalk. It's not the same - the nylon is a bit crinkly and the strap has lost its sharpness - but it's OK

I've washed loads of the Basic nylon ones. Just take the monkey off and it will be fine on a warm cycle. If you happen to have one of those net laundering bags to put it in, it will prevent the strap and clips from causing any damage in the machine.

I wash all mine in non bio powder,on my handwash cycle in the machine,on the coolest temp - and obviously removing the monkey.No probs at all.

I have a white nylon one and wash it in the machine - either 30 degrees or handwash. It's fine but take the monkey off first. Does look a bit crinkly as someone else said - but as it's only for casual use it's o.k.

Thank you everyone....... you have been a great help and I have made a decision..

I have decided to take the slightly grubby white bag on hol with me (cos it prob get a lil soiled in a few days anyway, so who will know) :wink:

Then gonna risk it and wash it when I get home!!

ArtDeco is was your post that decided me (you made it sound like Deal or No Deal) lol. Seriously but yes, I do love the bag and would be gutted if it ruined and haven't got time to replace.

It will probably wash perfectly and I'd wished I'd done it before! :mysmilie_480:

ThanQ all again! x

Thank you everyone....... you have been a great help and I have made a decision..

I have decided to take the slightly grubby white bag on hol with me (cos it prob get a lil soiled in a few days anyway, so who will know) :wink:

Then gonna risk it and wash it when I get home!!

ArtDeco is was your post that decided me (you made it sound like Deal or No Deal) lol. Seriously but yes, I do love the bag and would be gutted if it ruined and haven't got time to replace.

It will probably wash perfectly and I'd wished I'd done it before! :mysmilie_480:

ThanQ all again! x

Glad to have been of service - have a great holiday!:hi: (meant to be 'hi' I think but is bon voyage wave today)

Latest posts

Back