Kimmy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
omg! What is it with this woman and her getting over excited by the clothes she's flogging
That godawful robotic voice going ten to the dozen and sounding drunk it's terrible. Somebody tell her to slow down PLEASE.

In the introductory video thing they are always playing, she says, "I used to be sooo shy..." - well, she's making up for it now!

Maybe she talks quickly because she is still shy - a sort of nervous habit that a lot of people have.

I like Kim because she knows her product.

She knows her product and I have quite a few of her dresses and on top of that I think she's a great guest. She doesn't half talk a load of old cobblers though :talking:

CC

Turned on the other day and thought I'd got the wrong channel, orgasmic sounds radiating out the TV, but I didn't it was only Kimmy. I know she knows a lot about her clothes, but in fairness it's basically chest size and length of skirts and trousers which any designer would know about their own clothes. I don't buy Kim & Co but from what I see of her, she's very uncomfortable in front of the camera and after almost two decades you'd think she'd be ok. Once the giggling and sighs of "oh oh ohhhh" start, time to turn over..............the channel I mean :giggle:

She also knows the Q order numbers of her garments, that is quite a feat.

Maybe but that doesn't have anything to do with the clothes though, I see that more as a sales technique, other designers may know too but feel it's best let the presenter do their job, and focus more on what really matters to them, the clothes.

I agree with Tiddlywinks that she's covering up her shyness with this silly giggling. She's very comfortable describing her designs but I think she feels uncomfortable with people she doesn't know too well, which is strange after all these years of being in the spotlight. But still. It makes for uncomfortable viewing, though, and I want to say to her, just be yourself - it's okay.

She also knows the Q order numbers of her garments, that is quite a feat.

I can more or less forgive her for all the other annoying traits because she is one of the few guests AND presenters who knows her stuff.

Yes they all should because it can't be that difficult and after all it is their bleeding job, but so few of them do. As viewers we know more.

Perhaps she should employ some Muppet to do the yakking in front of camera for her. If you hadn't seen her before you would probably call for the men with straight jackets :mysmilie_47:

The rich diversity of human nature! Evolution requires that we are not all clones. Kim is probably much more talented than most of us. Loved Lennie. For some reason I do not trust Richard Jackson and therefore his products. I think it may be the way he gazes into the camera at a sly angle.

Kim has grown on me over the years! I like listening to her describe the different colours and styles of her clothes. The orgasmic sounds do gat annoying though and there were quite a lot of them this visit!

I used to watch Kim in 2000 for a couple of years on Canadian shopping channel. When I first tuned into QVC UK last year and caught Kim and Co I didn't recognise her. I think her TV persona has developed over the years, I don't remember her as annoying in any way. She seemed an ordinary young designer/business women.

It could however have been she was more comfortable in her own country or it could have been her personality didn't stand out so much in Canada. Don't think so though, Canadians are generally a little less OTT than Yanks.

Last edited:
Kim & Co did employ another woman (Amy Garcia?) to front the range but I think her regular buyers missed Kim. I met her at QVC a few years ago and she was very self-conscious and diffident, but polite and friendly at the same time. I became a bit more tolerant of her unpunctuated stream of consciousness on air after meeting her. She certainly knew her range because I asked about a top I bought in 1997 and she knew it straight away what I meant, and said there'd be a similar range that Autumn (and she was right!). She must be exhausted after a two hour show; I know I am!

In the early years of qvc I bought some of Kims trousers and a few tops, but I wouldn't pay her todays prices for poly/ elastane fabrics. Nowadays I don't watch her shows long enough to be tempted...

I don't like the slinky material which is the only plain items she seems to do. If things were less flowery I might look at them again.
She had a dress on yesterday which was not flowered but unfortunately I didn't like the style which was empire line which despite what they say makes me look like a barrage balloon

I don't like the slinky material which is the only plain items she seems to do. If things were less flowery I might look at them again.
She had a dress on yesterday which was not flowered but unfortunately I didn't like the style which was empire line which despite what they say makes me look like a barrage balloon

There are a few plain items in the crepe fabric plus a few shirts in the standard jersey knit as well.

I'm with you about the slinky fabric - I hate the feel of it, let alone the look.

The rich diversity of human nature! Evolution requires that we are not all clones. Kim is probably much more talented than most of us. Loved Lennie. For some reason I do not trust Richard Jackson and therefore his products. I think it may be the way he gazes into the camera at a sly angle.

Could it be his perfect manicure, very ungardener imo!

Latest posts

Back