Kevin Reynolds

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And he's missed gullible viewer's money.
I did buy a Vostok-Europe Gaz14 Limo Power Reserve and I have to admit it is a really good watch for the price I have had it 5 years and it is still running perfect On the wrist is loses a couple of seconds a day I did email IW and asked why he always used a torch on air to light up the self luminous GTLS tubes the reply I got was that the studio was not dark enough to show the effect We know why he does it that I have a watch with T-100 tubes the most powerful ones available, I can assure people they're not as dazzling as Mr Reynolds would have you believe

I did buy a Vostok-Europe Gaz14 Limo Power Reserve and I have to admit it is a really good watch for the price I have had it 5 years and it is still running perfect On the wrist is loses a couple of seconds a day I did email IW and asked why he always used a torch on air to light up the self luminous GTLS tubes the reply I got was that the studio was not dark enough to show the effect We know why he does it that I have a watch with T-100 tubes the most powerful ones available, I can assure people they're not as dazzling as Mr Reynolds would have you believe

It's actually a good movement inside that watch, thanks to Seiko Epson buying Orient watch brand it gave them access to Orient movements, and like Seiko's own movements (at TMI), it's produced and re-designated with an Epson calibre ref (In this case YN85) and sold to third party brands like VE. Your one, being at least 5 years old, will have still been produced at the Orient facilities with just a custom Epson rotor attached, but those facilities have now closed down completely and all Orient manufacture has now been transferred to Epson's own facilities.

Yes, the whole UV torch is just a charade to give the impression that the tubes shine brighter in the dark than they actually do, of course you can have that effect if you carry a torch with you at all times, but that kinda defeats the whole purpose of the tubes. ;)
Also the T100 tubes aren't 4 times brighter than T25 tubes (as Reynolds often states), T100/T25 refers to the watch not the tubes, more Tritium means they can have bigger tubes (or a lot more smaller tubes as in the case of Traser P67) which make them more visible but not 4 times brighter.

Latest posts

Back