Kelly Hoppen vs Northern Nights Bedding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

by the time i crawl in, all i want to do is sleep but i'm sure your beds look lovely barbs, boffy and DJ:)

I couldn't pay £200 for sheets, it just wouldn't sit well with me, but to each their own, if it makes you happy then its great, but

i just couldn't. I've bought loads of NN , some TSV'S and others just of the website, 300 to 600 and KH 600 and to me they

still need to be ironed. I've tried hanging on the washing line, over the door, and tumble drying, but all look crumpled. Still

great quality and look like new, but a quick fold and iron with the presser and i'm happy. Mind you sometimes they gather

until i have to iron them lol

I cannot be arsed to iron bedding (or much else TBH), but I do like the idea of perfectly ironed bedding. My sister irons everything, and I do mean everything, knicks, socks, everything. We are so different it is scary!

I cannot be arsed to iron bedding (or much else TBH), but I do like the idea of perfectly ironed bedding. My sister irons everything, and I do mean everything, knicks, socks, everything. We are so different it is scary!

Oh wouldn't be bothered with socks and knicks etc.. Ironing has to be one of the most hated jobs, IMO :)

I really don't like ironing but crumpled sheets are a bit like crumbs in the bed Janie...really annoying so I can't sleep. I think theres nothing quite like the look and feel of pressed cotton sheets, however my favourite bedding item is the elasticated fitted sheet as that doesn't need ironing - its all in the stretch lol.

I love Northern Nights bedding although I haven't bought any for a while as I've a few sets. I've got some Dorma and M&S bedding that I've had for nearly 30 years and its still as good as new.
Never been tempted by KH.

Oh wouldn't be bothered with socks and knicks etc.. Ironing has to be one of the most hated jobs, IMO :)

As much as I despise ironing I loath dusting more. My weird sister says she finds it relaxing. I have been known, on occasion, to start the ironing when I know she's coming over in the hope she'll take over - and she has! I excuse this behaviour with the fact that my mum gave me this tip.....

as much as i despise ironing i loath dusting more. My weird sister says she finds it relaxing. I have been known, on occasion, to start the ironing when i know she's coming over in the hope she'll take over - and she has! I excuse this behaviour with the fact that my mum gave me this tip.....

like ....... Like ...... Lol

I couldn't pay £200 for sheets, it just wouldn't sit well with me, but to each their own, if it makes you happy then its great, but

i just couldn't. I've bought loads of NN , some TSV'S and others just of the website, 300 to 600 and KH 600 and to me they

still need to be ironed. I've tried hanging on the washing line, over the door, and tumble drying, but all look crumpled. Still

great quality and look like new, but a quick fold and iron with the presser and i'm happy. Mind you sometimes they gather

until i have to iron them lol

Yes £200 was alot, but I didnt just get sheets, I got 4 pillow cases, 5ft duvet cover, fitted sheet and 2 continental pillow cases with a ruffle edge, so quite alot of items. Plus I have used for over 15 years regularly and hasnt aged one bit, so money well spent imo. NN is very good value I think for the high thread count, I just wish they didnt crease so much. lol.

Yes £200 was alot, but I didnt just get sheets, I got 4 pillow cases, 5ft duvet cover, fitted sheet and 2 continental pillow cases with a ruffle edge, so quite alot of items. Plus I have used for over 15 years regularly and hasnt aged one bit, so money well spent imo. NN is very good value I think for the high thread count, I just wish they didnt crease so much. lol.

Oh thats better , buy it all at once and get it over with, but 4 easy payments would be good , if only ,,,,,,LOL :up:

.....and another one here who does not iron sheets. Will do the pillowcases, but that's it. And let's face it after one nights sleep, they're crumpled anyway.
Have one set of NN bedding, very good quality.
I learnt a while ago that spending more on bedding was definitely worth it. Cannot be doing with "bobbling" - drives me mad. If I have to sleep in bobbled bedding I feel like the princess in "The Princess and the Pea" !!
I have a duvet cover and pillow case set from Argos, which I paid about £35 for 5 or 6 years ago. Still no bobbling on it. A duvet cover bought from a supermarket for about a tenner, about the same time lasted about a year before it went to the apes at Monkey World in Dorset.
I also bought a Dorma set some years ago which lasted for years until I just got fed up with it and it also made its way to Monkey World.
A great TK Max bargain was a superking sized white cotton sheet for £9.99 instead of about £50.
It'll be a very long time before that makes it way to the apes!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I've got a couple of really old Northern Nights sets which look as good now as when I bought them, 300 and 350tc. However, two newer sets, even though much higher thread count i.e. 500 and 600, have bobbled after not much use at all and are ready to go the charity shop. Quality is definitely on the decline imho:( My flannel has been relegated to the back of the airing cupboard since I've discovered Cozee Home fleece, which needs no ironing, doesn't bobble and dries quickly, great stuff. I never bothered ironing flannel for myself but DD, who still brings her ironing to mammy, likes to have the flannel neatly pressed as well. I use a press as well Barbs, they're great for bedding aren't they? I think if I was in the market for new cotton bedding now, I'd be more likely to look for Yves Delorme or Sheridan sales rather than opt for Northern Nights or Kelly Hoppen.

.....and another one here who does not iron sheets. Will do the pillowcases, but that's it. And let's face it after one nights sleep, they're crumpled anyway.
Have one set of NN bedding, very good quality.
I learnt a while ago that spending more on bedding was definitely worth it. Cannot be doing with "bobbling" - drives me mad. If I have to sleep in bobbled bedding I feel like the princess in "The Princess and the Pea" !!
I have a duvet cover and pillow case set from Argos, which I paid about £35 for 5 or 6 years ago. Still no bobbling on it. A duvet cover bought from a supermarket for about a tenner, about the same time lasted about a year before it went to the apes at Monkey World in Dorset.
I also bought a Dorma set some years ago which lasted for years until I just got fed up with it and it also made its way to Monkey World.
A great TK Max bargain was a superking sized white cotton sheet for £9.99 instead of about £50.
It'll be a very long time before that makes it way to the apes!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Err, Monkey World?? Do they tuck the little monkeys up at night!:grin:

Thnx guys looks like I will look elsewhere for my new bedding :)

As for KH being new dragon I heard she only made 160k last year so not sure how she can hold her own with the others .... Maybe she isn't going to be a dragon maybe a customer looking for investment!?!

Err, Monkey World?? Do they tuck the little monkeys up at night!:grin:

Nah, RG. :clapping: It's a sanctuary in Dorset. Always on the look out for blankets/sheets/towels etc as the various apes/monkeys love them.
It's a great excuse for bundling up all that "not quite worn out, but doesn't go with the new colour scheme" etc, stuff and buying some more.....
:cheeky::tongue:

Nah, RG. :clapping: It's a sanctuary in Dorset. Always on the look out for blankets/sheets/towels etc as the various apes/monkeys love them.
It's a great excuse for bundling up all that "not quite worn out, but doesn't go with the new colour scheme" etc, stuff and buying some more.....
:cheeky::tongue:

Ahh, now I understand. I fleetingly thought you were living up to your forum name Madaunty!!:rock:

What a nice thing to do for the sanctuary. In the past I have given loads of towels that I no longer want (wrong colour etc) to the local vet as they can make use of them.

I love NN but I don't iron them.I used to when I put them in my tumble drier....but now I just hang them over my landing bannisters and then just put them away nicely folded when dry - I don't find they need ironing.

I just presumed all *luxury* higher thread count linen creased...so maybe not by some of the comments on here.

I too have had Dorma in the past and has washed and dried and tumble dried beautifully....then I was quite shocked to realise by the price I paid,it wasn't 100% cotton....then I knew why it washed and dried so wonderfully....

Latest posts

Back