Kelly Hoppen TSV 4 Sept 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh will look forward to this. Hope it's a totally glamorous lamp or something. Anything other than a throw! And also hoping sychophantic Craig won't be presenting any of the shows :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Something contemporary and luxurious, in taupe and overpriced.

but that's what I like!!!

Ooh will look forward to this. Hope it's a totally glamorous lamp or something. Anything other than a throw!

or a bed linen set, although that will stop me from buying.

To be honest whatever it is a) it will be too expensive for me and b) I won't need it. My bedroom is a lovely taupe and cream already.

only throwing this idea out there but could it be either of these

Kelly Hoppen 800TC Jacquard EC Reversible 6PC Geometric Duvet

Kelly Hoppen Medallion Embroidered Satin & Velvet Reversable Throw

Last edited:
only throwing this idea out there but could it be either of these

Kelly Hoppen 800TC Jacquard EC Reversible 6PC Geometric Duvet

Kelly Hoppen Medallion Embroidered Satin & Velvet Reversable Throw

Thanks Ian. :D

Bedding and throws are so boring! You can get these anywhere in her style. She needs to design something else, something unique to her. You can get the 'Kelly Hoppen' look using bedding from Argos!! What she needs is something that people will love, something to treasure (as no doubt it will have a high price tag) - not some cotton that can be recreated from elsewhere.

But hey ho.....bedding it probably will be :rolleyes:

Thanks Ian. :D

Bedding and throws are so boring! You can get these anywhere in her style. She needs to design something else, something unique to her. You can get the 'Kelly Hoppen' look using bedding from Argos!! What she needs is something that people will love, something to treasure (as no doubt it will have a high price tag) - not some cotton that can be recreated from elsewhere.

But hey ho.....bedding it probably will be :rolleyes:

well thats all she really does as i doubt they would ever do a light as a tsv

I have actually been looking around to try and get someone a throw similar to the TSV from before Christmas, which I got as a present. I have been able to find the details on QVc but thought I could get better on the high street. However, no such look.
I am surprised myself, but the things out there are either not as nice, or even more expensive ( and I have been to loads of places over the last few weeks)

Might have a look if it is a throw:thinking:

WOW 800 thread count. Were is it all going to end. Why would we buy Northern Nights 300
thread counts ?????? So is that considered not luxury then, we need 800, how far can they
go . Getting bit silly and probably mega expensive :cash:

My cousin in America posted on Facebook today that she had treated herself to a new sheet set that was a 1250 thread count.So they are a bit ahead of us.
She posted because her shopping bag was stolen while she was distracted.She got her number plate,so God help the woman if she catches her.

WOW 800 thread count. Were is it all going to end. Why would we buy Northern Nights 300
thread counts ?????? So is that considered not luxury then, we need 800, how far can they
go . Getting bit silly and probably mega expensive :cash:

It is said that beyond 600 tc, you really don't notice the difference & anyway, a htc is only part of it - it is the quality of the cotton & the threads themselves that are the main factor. For instance, there is a lot of truly high end bedding ranges that don't always boast such high tcs, yet their bedding is exquisitely soft & silky, as well as hardwearing & easy to care for, though not surprisingly, usually considerably more expensive than anything on offer from QVC currently.
I really don't like the way QVC go on as if it is simply a case of the higher the tc the automatically the better it is because this is just not true, I could think of bedding ranges with half some of those stated tcs which will still be infinitely superior in every way!
:mysmilie_484:

It is said that beyond 600 tc, you really don't notice the difference & anyway, a htc is only part of it - it is the quality of the cotton & the threads themselves that are the main factor. For instance, there is a lot of truly high end bedding ranges that don't always boast such high tcs, yet their bedding is exquisitely soft & silky, as well as hardwearing & easy to care for, though not surprisingly, usually considerably more expensive than anything on offer from QVC currently.
I really don't like the way QVC go on as if it is simply a case of the higher the tc the automatically the better it is because this is just not true, I could think of bedding ranges with half some of those stated tcs which will still be infinitely superior in every way!
:mysmilie_484:

....but don't just take my word for it......after a quick google, here is what the wonderful bedding company Yves Delorme have to say on the same subject:

http://www.yvesdelorme.com/us/pages/id_13/n_beyond_thread_count/

(And to be fair, I've tried some QVC 'luxury' bedding as well as Yves Delorme....there is no comparison, none, YD are on a different planet, they're so far beyond QVC's offerings in terms of quality & comfort!)

Last edited:
Actually quite like the look of that if it's white. But won't be parting with my cash. Am in a sensible zone and Q is the antithesis of sensible :rolleyes:

well I would have bought a thow, but the bedding?? No thank you, I will stick to Dunelm, which have some lovely quality bedding, and they also have a HTC, but better for my purse :rock:

well I would have bought a thow, but the bedding?? No thank you, I will stick to Dunelm, which have some lovely quality bedding, and they also have a HTC, but better for my purse :rock:

I am a bit of a bedding snob I admit (in my defence I sleep very badly & truly comfy bedding softens the blow a little! lol) but several years ago now eldest DD wanted all black bedding & as, like me, she gets too hot in anything but cotton, the only set I could find was in Dunelm - it is still soft, still black & still as comfy years later & it only ever came off her bed to be washed! (Can't remember the range now, was Egyptian cotton, began with a 'v' & it had faint stripes on it. Marvellous stuff!

I've not tried Kelly Hoppen's range as it's all made for QVC stuff & having tried Northern Nights once (once was enough - it faded, the elastic on the fitted sheet gave up the ghost after only a few months, it was rough & scratchy & just horrible all round, yet this particular set got marvellous reviews, with people saying how wonderful & 'luxurious' it was.....? Just me that hated it apparently!), I am not inclined to repeat the experience with anything else appearing solely on, or designed especially for, QVC!

I was thinking of buying new bedding, white. And white towels, too. As I am bedbound it would be something over the internet as I can't DoTheFondle on the HighStreet. What would you afficionados recommend? Is NN good? Thanks in advance for your opinions. I really do appreciate it. x Snarly

I was thinking of buying new bedding, white. And white towels, too. As I am bedbound it would be something over the internet as I can't DoTheFondle on the HighStreet. What would you afficionados recommend? Is NN good? Thanks in advance for your opinions. I really do appreciate it. x Snarly

Well, my favourite bedding ranges are from Yves Delorme & Kenzo Maison (though I don't recall ever seeing any white ones from the latter) but even I have to admit they are mentally expensive! *sob*

Like WildRose, I've had some nice bedding sets from Dunelm Mill & they do quite a few white ones, this one looks rather nice for example:

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/white-hotel-pima-floral-400-thread-count-bedlinen-148258

Towels are more tricksy - I like Christy ones, though I only buy them in the sales, as I resent spending money on towels to be honest! lol
Eldest DD had some from Sainsbury's (their top range ones) & they survived her & uni, so must be reasonably OK if they can survive a student!
I was however in Wilkinsons the other week & they had some of their posher range towels (forget what they're called now) & they looked & felt really rather nice, though I haven't tried them of course so no idea how they wash or stand up to daily use but they were plump & soft but not too soft as those type never dry you properly!

I just didn't like NN bedding at all - found it rough & scratchy & stupidly didn't realise when I bought a set that anyone would be moronic enough to put a pattern (the sort you can feel!) on a bottom sheet, so uncomfortable, I was almost glad when the crappy elastic went on the thing & I could feel justified in binning it!

Some people might think it ridiculous to spend 400+ quid on a bedding set but my last YD set lasted a good decade & a half I reckon, yet the NN set, costing just under 100 quid lasted about 6 months before the elastic went & I got sick of its rough, cheap feel so maybe not so ridiculous after all.....?

I would recommend Next for great white bedding. Reasonably priced and v good quality - they do a "Hotel" range of plain white bedding. It adorns my bed at present and the quality is excellent. I'm a real white bedding convert of late.

If you've got cash to splash, then The White Company does luxury white bedding which is absolutely beautiful and very good quality.

I bought a Kelly Hoppen throw recently from QVC in grey, for the cat to sleep on whilst on our bed (cats and white bedding don't work very well!). It's a silver grey shade and that looks good against the white bedding too.

Hope this helps, Snarly

Latest posts

Back