Kelly Hoppen TSV 24/3/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just a personal thing but style wise I much prefer Ron Norsworthy's, (N Home), bedding. Love his muted yet funky classy fresh colour combos. His may be 300 thread count but he's assured us that the quality of the yarn he uses in tip top supima cotton. He said that sometimes high thread count doesn't always mean better quality, quite the reverse if the threads are thin, prone to breaking or rough like twine. Given that Kelly's last TSV was made in China and many thought it was sub standard & returned it I would question the quality of the yarns used. I can't wait for my N Home Sonja duvet set & matching continental pillow cases to arrive!, well excited! :clapping:

His stuff is all the rage in Shoreditch & Kingsland Road & those artistic creative types know great style when they see it! :wink:

I do love her earlier throws tho, my Maltese terrier lil Pearlie has assumed the perter one I have all hers but she does allow her mum to sit on it with her. Cheeky lil orphan, landed well on her paws my Pearl when she set her sights on me taking her home lol!

Last edited:
I am sorry to have to say that over £100 for a bedding set even on easy pay times 2 is far to much for me and most likely if they are being honest for the majority of Q's viewers.
In these straitened financial times over a HUNDRED pounds will pay my gas bill for 3 weeks or my food bill for the same.
I have some great bedding all brought from Asda and none costing me more than £15.00. Ok it is polly /cotton and is more like 100 thread count but it is a nice colour and washes and dries really well which it what is important to me.
I hope that those of you who buy it love it but it is not for me.

I agreee Madmax I was tempted but saw sense. Too expensive for something I don't really need.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

i have bought a couple of qvc's high thread count offerings and imao they are just plain awfull. my dd has bought some primark offerings in pure cotton that look and wash better than nn stuff. thread count aint everything. the high thread count i do have and love are from christy.sheridan and marks and spencer and they are sublime.

I only have one NN in a 500 TC, that was an OTO. It is really lovely to sleep in but nowhere near as comfy as the flannel whrn it's cold.

I only have one NN in a 500 TC, that was an OTO. It is really lovely to sleep in but nowhere near as comfy as the flannel whrn it's cold.

I love my flannel bedding and wouldnt use anything else in the cold weather - which is most of the year!! As the patterns are never very nice I just put a big quilted throw over the top during the day, which is a Sanderson one I got for around £30 in TK Maxx.

At that price I wouldn't want anyone to lie on them - just stand back & admire the bedding lol.

Anyway, I'm all tauped out & sick of neutrals now

Well. as KH said during the presentation this afternoon...'If you're watching it must be because you're wanting to buy bedlinen. why else would you watch?'....before everyone jumps down my throat about 'I watch for the background company etc, etc, etc'....you don't have to buy, it's not compulsory. I don't mind the taupe, white, cream choices or the high thread count. I like it and have treated myself to the TSV. I like getting a complete set and I know it will last. To me it's an investment and it's like buying a new piece of bedroom furniture. I rather buy the best I can afford than lots of cheap bedding that'll catch and fade. I respect your opinions, though, as I feel the same as everyone else but only when it comes to QVC fashion (which I don't watch, unless there's a thread on here drawing my attention to something hideous). :hi:

In an earlier show, the presenter referred to KH commenting that an 800TV set could cost £1000.00! Comparitively, therefore, item 800998, KH jacquard egyptian cotton 6 piece duvet set is a bargain at between £123 - £174. I cannot for the life of me name anyone I know who would consider for one millisecond paying one grand for bedlinen. Also, I have never seen it at this price. I have got a couple of her throws, and love them, but my current range is cozee home and, at almost 1/3 of the price of a KH, the value and the quality are excellent. I would pay twice the price for it.

i bought some lovely flannell poillowcases from m&s £4 each instead of £9.50 they are superb cant beat m&s for bedding

The KH bedding is nice enough. I also quite like her and thought she was quite funny when she told one of the presenters off for putting the cushion on the bed diagonally against the pillows. She also seems a bit obsessed with accessories being grouped into 3s. Seems a bit formulaic to me - and makes me want to break the rules...!

I've watched on and off today but have resisted buying anything. There's nothing I need - want yes, but need, no. I really must cut down on my purchases.

Then again, if ever they bring that lamp back that I lusted after last year, my resolve would weaken.

Listening to Craig doing the Kelly Hoppen hours this evening is irritating in the extreme - Kelly Oppen over and over again. He can say Hoppen, he just did when introducing her book, so I guess he's just being lazy!
I've "tuned into it" and it grates on me - rant over, thankyou :bow:

I have not criticised Craig at all till now, but he is now getting on my nerves with his copycat of JF's " I want YOU to be on that phone NOW! " phrase.Ahhhhhhhrrrrrr!!! Who do they think we are, for them to tell us what to do:angry: I don't take it kindly when people are ordering me to spend my money on useless things that I don't want.
JF and Craig must remember that they are coming into our house and mind what they say.

I have not criticised Craig at all till now, but he is now getting on my nerves with his copycat of JF's " I want YOU to be on that phone NOW! " phrase.Ahhhhhhhrrrrrr!!! Who do they think we are, for them to tell us what to do:angry: I don't take it kindly when people are ordering me to spend my money on useless things that I don't want.
JF and Craig must remember that they are coming into our house and mind what they say.

He is being a complete @rse!

I caught the end of his hour with KH he was such a sycophant - if he'd got any closer to her on that bed there would have needed to have been an adult-rating as his adoring look spoke volumes

I caught the end of his hour with KH he was such a sycophant - if he'd got any closer to her on that bed there would have needed to have been an adult-rating as his adoring look spoke volumes

. I had similar thoughts only mine went" if he crawls any further up her backside he'll be able to see what she had for her tea"

Latest posts

Back