Kelly Hoppen TSV 23/11/2010

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have noticed that all fabric where the item was made in India, has a nasty petro chemical smell. Its normally most pungent when its unwrapped, and especially anything velvet. I found the same with Indigo Moon fashions (which are mostly made in India). The smell disappears when exposed to the air after a couple of days; BUT ironing the product does bring out the nasty niff again .

I would love to know what the chemical process is that makes this happen. Probably why its all sooooo cheap !

:hi:Brissles, after reading your post I did a little internet trawl, and came across Organic clothing blog http://organicclothing.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/02/removing_odours_.html

Interesting read, plus useful suggestions on minimising/eradicating such odours.

Jay

I bought some of her bedding when it was sold in BHS and the inside label said BHS but the outer label on everything was a small 'KH Home' label.

I did order a similar throw to the TSV from one of the early shows and just checked it and it is only the card in the plastic bag that has her name.

Her website does not sell bedding and I tend to agree that I don't believe her celebrity clients get the same standard. However I did find a range made by an Italian company called Sferra that has her name but was not sold in the UK.

The range on QVC is specially for QVC so I suspect not made by Sferra.

Now these do look luxurious! http://www.sferra.com/

I wonder who makes her bed linen now? Does anyone have any of her bedding?
(ducks down quickly!) :bandit:

I have noticed that all fabric where the item was made in India, has a nasty petro chemical smell. Its normally most pungent when its unwrapped, and especially anything velvet. I found the same with Indigo Moon fashions (which are mostly made in India). The smell disappears when exposed to the air after a couple of days; BUT ironing the product does bring out the nasty niff again .

I would love to know what the chemical process is that makes this happen. Probably why its all sooooo cheap !

I think I know the smell is it one you'd find in a crinkle cheese cloth fabric ?

Latest posts

Back