kelly hoppen hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
this is just curiosity (and another thing about my curly hair v straight hair thing)

how does she - and people like her with curls like that - manage it? does she have to wash and ringlet it every day? i used to think the same about charlie the gardening woman, although hers is obviously more scraggly. surely if she slept on that, it would be a tangled mass wouldn't it?

although i've always wanted straight hair (as well as liking the look, it always looks neat and tidy because it all hangs together) my curly hair looks reasonable if i just leave it to dry - not like hers, much softer curls - BUT once i've slept on it, that's that - a complete mess. so i have to brush it, then i get waves which i really loathe. not just waves but fluffy waves too now i'm old. i don't want to wash it every single day so the only option is to calm it down with ghds.

(the tsv seems reasonably priced but does she do every single thing she produces in those same 3 dreary colours??)

Kelly is the 'Queen of Taupe' so I doubt she'll be pedalling bright colours! Personally, I like her taste in neutrals so it doesn't bother me but each to their own.

The word Taupe - I've always pronounced it as 'torp'.... But everyone on QVC seem to use the American way 'tope'..... It always seems wrong to me, lol :bandit:

Kelly is the 'Queen of Taupe' so I doubt she'll be pedalling bright colours! Personally, I like her taste in neutrals so it doesn't bother me but each to their own.

i don't actively dislike the colours - just get sick of seeing the same every single time.

Don't be so vague Flamenco: say what you mean! :giggle:

I doubt you'll be enthralled by La Hoppen's next collection, tentatively called "Shades of Diarrhoea".

My fave has to be "Dysentery": a mid-mocha with hints of bile green.

The Queen of beige, the Duchess of taupe. I don't dislike the products. but some of it is wildly overpriced. Its always the same old same old & I cannot bear her & the smarmy let me look down on everyone attitude she has.

Last edited:
I was listening earlier to what must be a repeat and she was talking about where and how to hang pictures. She said "put the picture on a shelf blah blah blah and there you have a lifestyle". Eh what?!

I tuned out of the bit in the middle but how the hell does putting a picture on a shelf have anything to do with "a lifestyle".

I quite like her neutrals but would throw in other colours to warm or brighten it up. But I'm not keen on her prices.

The word Taupe - I've always pronounced it as 'torp'.... But everyone on QVC seem to use the American way 'tope'..... It always seems wrong to me, lol :bandit:

guess that will be "torp" as in "torpor" given the endless beige...........

I wonder if La Hoppen uses her excess hair to stuff her cushions? :thinking:

She was on graham nortons radio show a few weeks ago and he asked about the hair and how much trouble it was. She said none at all, it's the easiest thing about her appearance to look after. She just washes it and leaves it.

she must be selling her "lifestyle" to the people who do not have one and are actually not sure what "lifestyle" means
Think you can get it in a department store too, but there you have to select from a variety of colour, that really can confuse peole :wink::tongue::blush::blush:

Lol at Frazzled. :grin: Actually I love her hair and would kill for it but I can't believe she doesn't spend half her life at the hairdressers to keep it manageable and looking like that.

All her talk about lifestyle is a load of pretentious bollox. :tongue: Most normal people just LIVE and neither have the time or nor money to invest in her vastly overpriced taupe/torp/beige/shades of sh*te produce which is probably knocked out in China for peanuts anyway. :emo:

Latest posts

Back