Kelly Hoppen Chair £912 + £62.50 delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Out of curiosity, what service are they using to justify £62.50 P&P? Is that the freight cost from China?

The website seems to be saying £0.00 p&p now.

Maybe someone is reading this forum. :wink: If we wait a little longer we may find that they put the decimal place in the wrong place too, because £91.20 would be more realistic, although I still wouldn't buy it.

Maybe someone is reading this forum. :wink: If we wait a little longer we may find that they put the decimal place in the wrong place too, because £91.20 would be more realistic, although I still wouldn't buy it.

Ha ha - love the idea of the decimal point being in the wrong place!

I was going to say that I thought both KH chairs were shown on air last night with free P&P but thought I must have imagined it when I looked online. That website is hopeless - what little information it gives is SO unreliable.

What a fantastic howl of a thread.

I wouldn't even want to try sitting on that shape chair. Far too deep a seat. It would be uncomfortable in seconds.

What on earth possessed the Q to think it was a good idea...?

Sit on it? I'd be looking to put it in a glass museum case for that money, and charge admission from all the neighbours to come in and just look at it...

You have all obviously missed the USP of these great chairs: when Kelly was presenting the one above on air in the early hours, she pointed out "It's really easy to sit on". There you go, you can see it's worth every penny now, can't you?

Kelly reckons it's, and I quote "an easy chair to sit in"............I beg to differ, I'd need a crane to hoist me up with my knees, it's way too close to the ground.

Sit on it? I'd be looking to put it in a glass museum case for that money, and charge admission from all the neighbours to come in and just look at it...

Hahahaha I remember my Mum did that when we got the first colour telly in the street.
PS she didn`t charge them entrance money but they all brought a bottle.

I've bought one for every room and one for the postie to sit down when he's delivering my post ...

Of course, we all normally make a point of buying chairs for the sole reason that they are hard to sit in, don't we? Talk about Lala land = Q. And it didn't look easy to me, as you say it looked very low to the ground...certainly didn't look that comfy.

Kelly reckons it's, and I quote "an easy chair to sit in"............I beg to differ, I'd need a crane to hoist me up with my knees, it's way too close to the ground.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to know how many of these have sold, and how many were stocked.

The late evening showing I saw had no sign of the 'buy now or you will miss it' limited stock frenzy.

But then, maybe they only bought in 3... and they STILL didn't sell.

Of course, we all normally make a point of buying chairs for the sole reason that they are hard to sit in, don't we? Talk about Lala land = Q. And it didn't look easy to me, as you say it looked very low to the ground...certainly didn't look that comfy.

I know, it was 'armless, it literally was, there was nowhere to rest you arms!...........madness! :mysmilie_13:

Quite frankly, this looks like an interior designer piece for a posh reception area in a business or hotel rather than a chair to be used on a regular basis in a family home. The design, the height and the colour of the chairs marks them out as completely impractical if you have pets or children. Why would you fork out that sort of money and then have to cover it with throws etc to protect it?

The low height (particularly of the Emma) and the lack of sensible armrests mean that this chair will be challenging for a lot of people to get in and out of. The Emma will be even worse. I noticed the depth of the seat cushion... there's no two ways about this, you will end up slouching, which is bad for your back if used on a regular basis... so of course will have to invest in some cushions to give you any level of support.

It sounded like this is a "toe in the water" for Kelly bringing in other items than her bedding... I'm getting visions of the short-lived interior decorating items QVC used to stock and sell until about 3 years ago.

I reckon they probably have only the two samples which they've shown in the shows. The delivery time also makes this sound likely. I don't think QVC are stocking the chair... I think the price indicates that Kelly is making it herself. I suspect that if no orders are placed these items will quietly disappear from the website and be heard of no more.

Last edited:
The Bose guy and, um, the scottish presenter bloke whose name i can't remember, are sitting on them for the Bose hour.

Looks like they've got some excess stock then.

Neither man looks comfortable, and both have white cushions stuffed behind them, presumably for lower back support.

The Bose guy and, um, the scottish presenter bloke whose name i can't remember, are sitting on them for the Bose hour.

Neither man looks comfortable, and both have white cushions stuffed behind them, presumably for lower back support.

You mean Simon AND... AND!!! Biagi?

Set props is about all they're really suitable for. According to what Kelly was saying (about the Emma chair) she was designing them so both men and women could use them. Would be more appropriate to say that both men and women could be equally uncomfortable on them!

Having just had a quick look (typical QVC website - works on internet explorer but not firefox, which is my preferred browser) - they are not the same chairs... they have high armrests and low backs, and much longer legs. Maybe Kelly or her sidekick took them home with them after the show?

Last edited:

I don't suppose Kelly is leaving these chairs at the studio indefinitely as freebies, is she? So I hope they are not planning to ship them out to some hapless customer, because they should be classed as "ex-display" or "shop soiled" and should be heavily discounted.

They may well keep them as set dressing; I keep spotting Marlo Lorenz cushions on chairs and sofas on set from about 5+ years ago; unless they decide to sell them through the staff shop. In terms of logistics items at the Chiswick studios aren't used to fulfil customer orders from Liverpool.

Latest posts

Back