Kelly Hoppen Chair £912 + £62.50 delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It rather adds insult to injury: butt-ugly chairs at eye watering prices! Some things belong in the past - these really have a look of the sort of dralon chairs I remember from the 1970s.

Beige Dralon ? Might as well buy a set of loose covers from Plumbs (see their ad in the back of TV Times - other telly listings mags are available). and cover an existing chair.

Self assembly ? Hopefully confined to screwing the legs on.

Sadly it's too big for my gifting drawer so the lollipop lady will miss out this Christmas, she'll have to stand.

Or you could go to Ideal World if you're after Plumbs... http://www.idealworld.tv/plumbs. Video clips as part of this presentation feature Sarah Hollomby (who does various beauty products and guests for Judith Williams when Judith isn't guesting in person).

So, we've bought the chair, and its sitting in the living room. Your visitor comes, does she comment on the chair, er, no, does she say 'that looks like a Kelly Hoppen chair' er, no. NOW, do you tell her how much you've paid for it, and risk being called insane, a basket case, and 'your kidding'. Er, no.

So, whats the point ?

Compare that to IW Pick Of The Day, the heat massage chair with foot rest for under £150 with flexi-pay makes you realise how pretentious QVC really are. Noticed in the corner it says IW are finalist in the Customer Experience Awards, I take the Mick out of IW but credit were credits due, the products they offer and basically good all round service, they're full deserving of it.

I mentioned the cost of postage on a miele washing machine - we sell them, and it is free delivery; installing the new machine is £20 - and was shot down. So why the shock horror reaction to £62.50 delivery on a £912 chair? For the record, I am sure the price - and this applies to it being bought from her own website - is based on the designer name, rather than the exceptional quality. To be fair, to get that price, it will have to be durable, aesthetically pleasing and, summarily, well made. Kelly designs for celebs - the Beckhams, don't you know - but, shot in the dark here!, I somehow don't think they will want what the hoi polloi can buy. They will pay a premium for exclusivity, and top quality. I like the chairs, but would not even contemplate paying that price. One of Judge Judy's most frequently used aphorisms : "Don't pee on my leg, and tell me it's raining."
NB : I am innately mean, and hate spending money, with a passion. I will spend anything on my boxers, but not on myself. This has nothing to do with my reluctance to splash outon this fine lounge / bedroom furniture.
I did quite like the cable knit throw - at £30 + £4.95 postage. What is annoying is, to get half price postage, you need to buy the same colour. Just imagine, if the Emma chair was available in more than one colour, and you wanted two different colours (unlikely, I know), you would have to pay full postage on each!

Sadly it's too big for my gifting drawer so the lollipop lady will miss out this Christmas, she'll have to stand.

Oh that's a shame, I'll be adding casters to the chair for my lollipop lady so that she can punt across the road with her lollipop!

Where's the video? If I were making a 'considered purchase' I would want to know more about it, such as the seat height. From the photo it looks long and low, so again, not for the older viewer, whose dodgy knees and hips don't let them sit down and get up easily.

No measurement of seat height! I got out my trusty tape measure (55p, local market) out of curiosity, only to find the seat height not mentioned. Looking at the photo, its a long way from the front to the back of the seat too. Conclusion, only fit for purchase by long-limbed young people. And they ought to be out copping off with each other down at the local bars and clubs rather than reclining in faux dralon.

i would want to know the construction. what wood is used for the frames. what springs in the seat and the back. what kind of fillings are used. the density of the foam. the fabric how durable is it and the dimensions. i like good furniture and it does cost a lot and this is very expensive for the look. i wonder if its made by kh or a made for qvc by qvc supplier

I`d have to check if the cat liked it first, afterall she`d be the one sleeping on it :mysmilie_14:

Where's the video? If I were making a 'considered purchase' I would want to know more about it, such as the seat height. From the photo it looks long and low, so again, not for the older viewer, whose dodgy knees and hips don't let them sit down and get up easily.No measurement of seat height! I got out my trusty tape measure (55p, local market) out of curiosity, only to find the seat height not mentioned. Looking at the photo, its a long way from the front to the back of the seat too. Conclusion, only fit for purchase by long-limbed young people. And they ought to be out copping off with each other down at the local bars and clubs rather than reclining in faux dralon.

Not so long ago I revamped my dining room. I 'sat' on dozens of dining chairs in several stores. Mainly all were hard upright backs, not so comfortable seats, and if sat on for any length of time, were not easy to arise from. So, I bought 4 high rise chairs with arms (not unlike those in care homes) and had them recovered in light fashionable fabric to match my décor. The howls of laughter when I told my friends was unparalleled. WELL, I'm the one laughing now as they are soooo comfortable that anyone who comes to eat remains seated at the table for lengthy natters. Now my knees aren't great the chairs are a joy to get up from, and one of the best decisions I ever made. Modern regular dining chairs are great for the young, but nothing beats comfort as we get older.

Last edited:
Akimbo, brilliant! Can't stop laughing at the mental image of the lollipop lady zooming across the road!
Oh that's a shame, I'll be adding casters to the chair for my lollipop lady so that she can punt across the road with her lollipop!

Outrageous p&p cost IMHO, let alone the price of the chair. I bought a new three piece from JLP last year and I think the sofa was around this price. At least there you can pick the fabric by price range. I was constrained by access and size of the room but would never have picked something sight unseen for this price. If you are housebound I can understand it but otherwise it seems mad to me to spend this sum without trying it in the showroom. I actually picked mine because it looked small enough but when I collapsed into it whilst mooching through after a morning shopping and it felt so comfortable I just took the particulars for when I would be ready to buy and that was it!

I mentioned the cost of postage on a miele washing machine - we sell them, and it is free delivery; installing the new machine is £20 - and was shot down. So why the shock horror reaction to £62.50 delivery on a £912 chair? For the record, I am sure the price - and this applies to it being bought from her own website - is based on the designer name, rather than the exceptional quality. To be fair, to get that price, it will have to be durable, aesthetically pleasing and, summarily, well made. Kelly designs for celebs - the Beckhams, don't you know - but, shot in the dark here!, I somehow don't think they will want what the hoi polloi can buy. They will pay a premium for exclusivity, and top quality. I like the chairs, but would not even contemplate paying that price. One of Judge Judy's most frequently used aphorisms : "Don't pee on my leg, and tell me it's raining."
NB : I am innately mean, and hate spending money, with a passion. I will spend anything on my boxers, but not on myself. This has nothing to do with my reluctance to splash outon this fine lounge / bedroom furniture.
I did quite like the cable knit throw - at £30 + £4.95 postage. What is annoying is, to get half price postage, you need to buy the same colour. Just imagine, if the Emma chair was available in more than one colour, and you wanted two different colours (unlikely, I know), you would have to pay full postage on each!

804393, the cable knit throw, is now at a special price of £32.88. What changed since the midnight show?

i would want to know the construction. what wood is used for the frames. what springs in the seat and the back. what kind of fillings are used. the density of the foam. the fabric how durable is it and the dimensions. i like good furniture and it does cost a lot and this is very expensive for the look. i wonder if its made by kh or a made for qvc by qvc supplier

And were it's made

http://www.qvcuk.com/Kelly-Hoppen-T...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-14-_-804411

There's a different one now for £720 and this one has free P&P... I really have seen it all now. I am sure the presenter will suggest it will be a good gift idea.

You have all obviously missed the USP of these great chairs: when Kelly was presenting the one above on air in the early hours, she pointed out "It's really easy to sit on". There you go, you can see it's worth every penny now, can't you?

Latest posts

Back