Kelly Hoppen 6 Piece Duvet Set TSV 11/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just realised that taupe colour would be grand for not showing the fake tan marks!

I hope the Artisans are getting paid a fair wage for all this cotton bedding they are making, they must be working 24/7.

Each set she offers as a tsv, seems identical to the previous one.

Yet always with a new colour - if QVC have their way. She still doesn't stray away from her neutral palate really. Some of the colours she's introduced along the way are rather nice - the silver was one, and the celadon another which I quite like. It's the patterns woven into the thread which are the most problematic.

I'd rather go to the high street and get a lower threadcount, especially since learning that they get to the astronomical threadcount figures by counting both warp and weft. I also detest middle-opening oxford pillowcases - it's battle royale to get a decent pillow in without ripping the fabric, and you then can't actually flip them over and use the reverse side!

i dont like any northern nights high thread count bedding it looks cheap. feels cheap and crushes in a cheap way.

Kelly Hoppen 1000TC Egyptian Cotton Madison Jacquard 6 Piece Duvet Set

Single QVC Price £159 Todays Special Value Price £132

Double QVC Price £193 Todays Special Value Price £159

King Size QVC Price £210 Todays Special Value Price £174

Super King Size QVC Price £231 Todays Special Value Price £192

This superb bedding set includes a duvet cover, a fitted sheet and two each of housewife and Oxford pillowcases, all in pure Egyptian cotton with an opulent 1000 thread count and featuring a classic geometric pattern in a jacquard weave. Offering her highest thread count yet, Kelly Hoppen's Madison duvet set will take luxury and style to a whole new level.

New heights of indulgence - this is the first time we have launched a duvet set with 1000 thread count, and with the striking geometric design in superb quality jacquard weave, it makes it our most deluxe bedding yet!

Four calming colours - including the new Silver Grey (launching today!), Powder Blue, Nude and White, these beautiful colours will co-ordinate with any décor and are ideal for breathing new life into a tired bedroom.

100% Egyptian cotton
Button fastening
Machine washable at 40C

Colour options:

Silver Grey - new
Powder Blue
Nude
White

Contains:

1 x duvet cover
1 x fitted sheet
2 x Oxford pillowcases
2 x housewife pillowcases

Measurements:

Duvet

Single: 135cm x 200cm (53" x 79")
Double: 200cm x 200cm (79" x 79")
King: 230cm x 220cm (91" x 87")
Super King: 260cm x 220cm (102" x 87")

Fitted sheet

Single: 90cm x 190cm 38cm (35" x 75" 15")
Double: 135cm x 190cm 38cm (53" x 75" 15")
King: 150cm x 200cm 38cm (59" x 79" 15")
Super King: 183cm x 200cm 38cm (72" x 79" 15")

Housewife pillowcases

50cm x 75cm (20" x 30")

Oxford pillowcases

50cm x 75cm 5cm (20" x 30" 2")

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

Behind the brand
Kelly Hoppen MBE is a renowned British interior designer known for her luxuriously understated and timeless home accents, from bowls and throws to duvets and statement ornaments. Her range here at QVC allows you to bring these elements into your own home at an affordable price.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804153

Over £180 for bed linen? Not a chance. I have several of her throws, and am pleased with the quality (one did after 12 months or so, become threadbare in a small area.). I just cannot justify spending so much for a duvet set.

I would never pay that much for bedding, although I'm probably in the minority. I know it might look really good on the bed but I don't give visitors a tour of my bedooms, so they'd go unseen. Also, as I'd be asleep for most of the time that I was under the covers, I'll stick with the Easycare bedding that I've got at the moment.

I wouldn't pay that sort of price, I like to change my bedding all the time. I have lots and lots of bedding sets and get fed up with the same one all the time. If I had an expensive set I'd feel I needed to use it all the time.

Does anyone really need yet another beige bed set? Certainly not one at £159. Are they trying to seduce us into thinking we'll go up in the world if we buy Ms Hoppen's products? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're great quality but it's just too much money and him indoors just isn't going to leap into bed and say "wow, at last, 1000 thread count bedding". I also doubt the dog would notice :mysmilie_48:

CC

There`s someone on QVC fb page bumping this like mad. She`s done the same post several times over on different threads. Must be from one of DF`s groups or KH in disguise lol

Boffy's post about ironing rings true. Someone invent a duvet set that looks pristine after washing with NO ironing and I'm there. Is it just me or is this site so slow today that I'm having to edit and edit as my words aren't coming out right.

CC

I don't iron my bedding - never have and never will.
I do, however, put a comforter/ throw over the top - they don't need ironing,dress the bed quite nicely and keep the cats muddy paws off the bedding( well, during the day anyhow)

I wouldn't pay it either, in fact I hardly ever pay full price for bedding, buy in sales and from HomeSense etc.

I have a king-size quilt on a double bed so the bottom sheet is useless for me, don't want the extra 2 pillowcases, so not good value.

I do like pure cotton but you don't have to pay these sort of prices for good quality. Got some lovely bedding from Laura Ashley recently, half-price.

i love quality bedding. i have a laura ashley quilt set in the orso cream fabric. its a least 10 years old and really has got better with age. i have tried the nn bedding sets 2 of them. awful awful fabric. horrid colours and cheap cheap flimsy easily crushed fabric that you cant iron the creases out. all my bedding i wash line dry and put on the bed.

Latest posts

Back