Kathy Taylor Nexus haircare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I recently had an operation which left me with a raw scar around the back of my ear so I had to be very careful what I used when hairwashing. This stuff is great, works in the same way as Wen but you use less and of course the price is much better too. It`s sulfate, silcon, sls, paraben and colouring free and you don`t need a conditioner. I`ve found it to be one of my best discoveries. Scroll the description at the side of the product.
http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/control/product/~category_id=5000/~product_id=42725

Thanks Vienna, I've used Yves Rocher products before but never seen this one. I'm going to give it a try :mysmilie_59:

philosophy say you can use the shower gels to wash your hair. having used the cleanse there is no foaming agent at all

Oh how lucky for you Kathy to only be able to use ' good quality haircare from QVC like Philip Kingsley or Wen. I don't buy any cut price products from the supermarket'. What a shame for us mere mortals who don't live in QVC land and who have to buy products that are on offer in the supermarket'. I normally really like Kathy but today l found her attitude extremely condescending and supercilious. I wish these presenters would get in the real world!

Sorry bit off topic (not about haircare!) but Dale just said whilst talking about the tsv mattress that "we (meaning us all the royal we...!) spend £1000 on a tv without a thought - and change it every two years"...
No "we" do not!! "We cannot spend a grand without thinking let alone on a tv!!
I just don't understand how, even with their discount, they all seem to have all of the big brand items in their homes?! The huge blenders, curved TV's as well as the other daily items and beauty/skin care? I just don't know how they afford it!
It really isn't the real world the presenters live in!

Sorry bit off topic (not about haircare!) but Dale just said whilst talking about the tsv mattress that "we (meaning us all the royal we...!) spend £1000 on a tv without a thought - and change it every two years"...
I just don't understand how, even with their discount, they all seem to have all of the big brand items in their homes?! The huge blenders, curved TV's as well as the other daily items and beauty/skin care? I just don't know how they afford it!

There is a TV ad on at the moment from a bed company, you should change your mattress every 8 years.

My hairdresser introduced me to Matrix biolage 2 years ago and I haven't used anything else since. My hair is coloured and this seems to protect thr colour much better than any other shampoo I have used, plus it leaves my hair really silky without feeling weighed down. I wait until I find a bargain on feelunique or other online store and stock up, never paying full price . I'm currently having radiotherapy and chemo though and I'm interested in that yves rocher in case I develop any allergies .

I generally like Dale - but he does come out with some utter carp at times!!

I'm very conscious at present that both beds in my house are long overdue a change, but I need the money to do it and that means budgeting (and sitting on my hands more when I watch QVC).

Back on topic - I specifically avoid any shampoo with sodium laureth sulfate in it. For years I thought I had dandruff... then I switched to Naked (sold in Boots and Sainsbury's) and discovered that that wasn't the problem. I have a variety of different shampoos none of which have SLS. I'd be back on the high street in a flash if they'd get rid of the SLS - it seems to be in every promising looking volume boosting shampoo I've looked at.

Last edited:
My hairdresser introduced me to Matrix biolage 2 years ago and I haven't used anything else since. My hair is coloured and this seems to protect thr colour much better than any other shampoo I have used, plus it leaves my hair really silky without feeling weighed down. I wait until I find a bargain on feelunique or other online store and stock up, never paying full price . I'm currently having radiotherapy and chemo though and I'm interested in that yves rocher in case I develop any allergies .

good luck with your treatment x

I generally like Dale - but he does come out with some utter carp at times!!

I'm very conscious at present that both beds in my house are long overdue a change, but I need the money to do it and that means budgeting (and sitting on my hands more when I watch QVC).

Back on topic - I specifically avoid any shampoo with sodium laureth sulfate in it. For years I thought I had dandruff... then I switched to Naked (sold in Boots and Sainsbury's) and discovered that that wasn't the problem. I have a variety of different shampoos none of which have SLS. I'd be back on the high street in a flash if they'd get rid of the SLS - it seems to be in every promising looking volume boosting shampoo I've looked at.

Hi May - glad you're a elbow Naked fan! I too thought I had dandruff or at least very dry skin and used body shop ginger shampoo for that purpose (still love it actually but it does sls in and boy does if foam!), but I hate to tell you in case you don't already know that Naked was discontinued some months ago :(

I was gutted bc I loved their skin care and washes too - as well as one of their shampoos (one that I tried really stripped my hair badly mind you!), as they're good stuff on a budget too.... I've found some end of line at other places such as fragrance direct but basically it is no more boo!

Good luck finding a replacement for it. I am sticking with the body shop for the moment!

Do you want it Mr M to add to your stash.
:mysmilie_12:

Thanks Lynn, that's very kind, but I'll pass if you don't mind.
At the rate I'm going, it wouldn't get looked at until 2018 at the earliest!!!!!
What are we all like really? We buy & stash products that aren't exactly cheap, but do any of us look 20 years younger than we actually are?
I know I ****** don't anyway!

The few sls free shampoos I have tried, including Naked from Boots, have all made my scalp itch and my hair like straw.

Hope all goes well for you Suzie Q

Yes, I was gobsmacked too at Kathy's comment relayed in the original post - how Kathy of all people could come out with something like this, her hair hardly looks like an advert for whatever it is she's plugging, it badly needs cutting and styling. Of course the presenters are there to sell products, and her promoting brands is fine, but they need to think before opening their mouths - it makes them appear to have no awareness whatsoever, or any common sense come to that.

Much and all as I like KT the one thing she is not a good advertisment for is hair products - often she looks like an explosion in a matress factory.

Utter twaddle - as per usual

Me too with Herbal Essences - just can't use it, as no matter how much I rinse, it still makes my scalp itch.

I did try Ojon, once conditioner was free with shampoo and I found it OK. Used many kinds but always go back to Pantene sleek and smooth as I have thick coarse hair and find it's best for me. Only shampoo I don't like is Herbal Essences irritates my scalp.

Latest posts

Back