Kathy Taylor Nexus haircare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Oh how lucky for you Kathy to only be able to use ' good quality haircare from QVC like Philip Kingsley or Wen. I don't buy any cut price products from the supermarket'. What a shame for us mere mortals who don't live in QVC land and who have to buy products that are on offer in the supermarket'. I normally really like Kathy but today l found her attitude extremely condescending and supercilious. I wish these presenters would get in the real world!

I'm the opposite. I never use shampoo or conditioner from anywhere other than the supermarket!! I buy what's on offer.

A few years ago I made myself use every scrap of beauty product tut I had ever bought. At that point I would have said that Tigi and Redken were the best shampoos for my hair. I used whatever I had and was using Herbal Essence when my hairdresser commented how my hair was always in such amazing condition. And I hadn't used "posh" hair care for months. I haven't used it since either.

I honestly believe taking a supplement is far more important than the shampoo I choose. And no I don't buy expensive supplements either. Boots own for me!

i had the opposite efect. used pk for years. never had such long shiny hair. then i ran out and thought the shampoos are all the same. the decline went from tresame, then l'oreal. 18 months later my hair has broken and will have to start again. its not shiny or lustrous. so back to pk with a vegenance. i need good haircare but am lucky to have very good skin so dont spend so much on my face. use the pennies for my hair now

Well, whether you think pricey products are necessary or not, Kathy works for QVC. It's a shopping channel. What they do, all day every day, is essentially advertise items for sale. That is their purpose and her job. What else would she say? She's hardly going to suggest we nip to Superdrug instead of buying what she's selling. I don't really find any of that condescending, it's just part of the channel's aspirational selling technique, surely?

Much and all as I like KT the one thing she is not a good advertisment for is hair products - often she looks like an explosion in a matress factory.

Utter twaddle - as per usual

After all these years and after many a banknote gone down the QVC drain, there is nothing the presenters say or do which would surprise me. Consequently I scoff at their every claim and their every statement. It`s just sales talk, no more, no less and at one time it was car sales people and estate agents who took the biscuit for bullcrap but now there`s a new kid on the block in the form of selly telly presenters.
Whilst people swallow the hype and whilst people queue up to buy, they will continue and possibly get worse. My TV has an off button, I use it regularly and even more so these days. For sure many of the items QVC sells are good but equally as many are dire, too expensive and hyped to the hilt because they would never sell on their own merit. The retail World neither begins nor ends with QVC and much as there are a couple of products which I truly thank Q for introducing me to, there are even more I wouldn`t touch with a bargepole. We all have our gem products whether it`s a hair care item or a face cream or whatever but I daresay many people, including myself are now savvy shoppers and well past the stage of believing the drivel which comes out of presenter and guests mouths.

I think that you find the product which suits your particular hair (and state of health) be it cheap or expensive - it isnt a case of one size fits all and price seems to make no difference - just the same as skin care.

My hair is always in pretty good condition considering that it is very coarse and thick- I've always used Pantene (although I feel the product changed when it was repackaged recently) but possibly it is down to the cod liver oil tablet I take every day, like a dog it gives me a shiny coat!!!

Well, whether you think pricey products are necessary or not, Kathy works for QVC. It's a shopping channel. What they do, all day every day, is essentially advertise items for sale. That is their purpose and her job. What else would she say? She's hardly going to suggest we nip to Superdrug instead of buying what she's selling. I don't really find any of that condescending, it's just part of the channel's aspirational selling technique, surely?

Did you see her presentation? She is very lucky to be able to try all these expensive products out and l feel she would at least acknowledge this. I am not knocking premium brand haircare at all, if you are fortunate enough to buy them that's great. There is no need to look down your nose at people who have to buy cheaper products and that was the impression that l personally feel she gave.

Can anyone tell me if you can use Philosophy Purity cleanser as a hair shampoo,I'm sure I read it somewhere.
:mysmilie_1:

Can anyone tell me if you can use Philosophy Purity cleanser as a hair shampoo,I'm sure I read it somewhere.
:mysmilie_1:

Sounds a bit odd considering it's facial cleanser but I suppose if it contains sulphates and so on there's no reason it wouldn't clean hair. Might not do as good a job as a dedicated shampoo though, a lot of things that aren't shampoo that claim to be fine for washing hair aren't really very good. In my experience, anyway. Eg they always used to say on the L'Occitane shows that you could use the shea shower gels to wash your hair, I tried it a couple of times and they were utter rubbish for that purpose. Might just depend on your hair though, probably fine for some people. The Philosophy cleanser does seem to be used by a lot of folk for washing their make-up brushes if that's any help.

Purity is great for hairwashing if you have a sore scalp (excluding serious medical conditions) it also is soothing as a body wash and I read a recommendation that as an "intimate wash" it doesn't sting in cases of thrush (after treatment) or after childbirth (following your midwife's advice first).

So there you have it: you can wash hair, face, pits and bits and all points in between!

Well I have a litre of it so better start using it on my body then as I'm just swamped under with cleansers.

Purity breaks me out and I did give it a few goes over the years.

I am still using the last WEN TSV, in fact just coming to the end of the 480mls size and the litre one unopened.

I did try Ojon, once conditioner was free with shampoo and I found it OK. Used many kinds but always go back to Pantene sleek and smooth as I have thick coarse hair and find it's best for me. Only shampoo I don't like is Herbal Essences irritates my scalp.

I'm in Florida on holiday at the moment and Nexxus is a supermarket brand here. I've seen it in Walmart [asda] and CVS which is like boots. It's $12.99 for the shampoo buy one get one 50% off.

I use SBC bought in 500ml and 1 litre sizes (I always buy on offer of some sort) which do me and hubby for shower gel and shampoo. It's just a matter of finding what suits and what you can afford. No way would I buy an expensive hair product but some people think that you're getting rubbish unless you spend mega bucks. SO not true.

I use SBC bought in 500ml and 1 litre sizes (I always buy on offer of some sort) which do me and hubby for shower gel and shampoo. It's just a matter of finding what suits and what you can afford. No way would I buy an expensive hair product but some people think that you're getting rubbish unless you spend mega bucks. SO not true.

I think you can tell a difference with expensive styling products. Not that cheap ones are all rubbish, not at all, but I find expensive ones are definitely better. With shampoo and conditioner not so much, they seem much of a muchness.

For me with hair products, it's not the price, it's the ingredients. I can get away with SLS in shower products but not shampoos so it's trial and error and I keep going back to Tigi Catwalk which I buy wherever it's a bargain. It's also good for highlights. I also use Wen from time to time and Elasticizer. Anything else just makes my scalp itch and flake, even dandruff and flaky scalp shampoo. Styling products are a problem because they can be drying, especially mousse but so far, Tigi spray and gel are working for me plus L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil. Hate those frizzies so if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

I've used Aveda Phomollient for years, it's a mousse but foams up as you dispense into your hand. Although expensive, it lasts for months. It's a liquid in a see through bottle, so non of the stuff in it that's needed for mousse in a can.

For me with hair products, it's not the price, it's the ingredients. I can get away with SLS in shower products but not shampoos so it's trial and error and I keep going back to Tigi Catwalk which I buy wherever it's a bargain. It's also good for highlights. I also use Wen from time to time and Elasticizer. Anything else just makes my scalp itch and flake, even dandruff and flaky scalp shampoo. Styling products are a problem because they can be drying, especially mousse but so far, Tigi spray and gel are working for me plus L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil. Hate those frizzies so if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

I recently had an operation which left me with a raw scar around the back of my ear so I had to be very careful what I used when hairwashing. This stuff is great, works in the same way as Wen but you use less and of course the price is much better too. It`s sulfate, silcon, sls, paraben and colouring free and you don`t need a conditioner. I`ve found it to be one of my best discoveries. Scroll the description at the side of the product.
http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/control/product/~category_id=5000/~product_id=42725

Latest posts

Back