Kathy Tayler confirms qvc sell returns!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diane2495

Registered Shopper
I'm just watching the shoe sale show, and a style sold out....so kathy Tayler suggested waiting until next week to see if any returns come back from customers so you can buy them!!....and there was me thinking QVC didn't sell customer returns? Hmmmm?

I don't remember them saying that they didn't sell returns of clothing. Every shop does that, surely?

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a return as long as it hasn't been worn/used. However if they state they don't send out returns then that is a different matter entirely.

I have always said that I dont mind QVC sending out returns.I know myself that when I open the parcel,I know straight away whether its for me or not.I may try it on but thats no different to trying it on in marks and spencers and hanging it back out on the rail again.sometimes I wish I could umm and arh about things - the 30 day MBG is certainly costing me some money in postage!!!!! just wish I could use it - they are the returns that I object to.

I do have to stand by that I truly feel that parcels that are received back are all just scanned in and dumped in a holding area.I don't think they are ever truly checked or returned slips read.

I have always said that I dont mind QVC sending out returns.I know myself that when I open the parcel,I know straight away whether its for me or not.I may try it on but thats no different to trying it on in marks and spencers and hanging it back out on the rail again.sometimes I wish I could umm and arh about things - the 30 day MBG is certainly costing me some money in postage!!!!! just wish I could use it - they are the returns that I object to.

I do have to stand by that I truly feel that parcels that are received back are all just scanned in and dumped in a holding area.I don't think they are ever truly checked or returned slips read.

Why don't you use the 30 day MBG?

So they do re sell returns!!

When Kathy Tayler had a sell out this morning she told us to keep checking as sometimes people buy two different sizes and return one just like she does. I thought they didn`t re sell returns but it seems they do!!

I think most clothing retailers sell returns as they would soon go out of business if they didn't especially mail order companies who must get loads sent back.

I think most clothing retailers sell returns as they would soon go out of business if they didn't especially mail order companies who must get loads sent back.

But haven't QVC more than most have denied it when people have called customer services?

PJ

Yup they have when forum members have received grubby used items they've reported CS telling them this simply couldn't have happened! A bit like being told you're lying or mentally infirm.

Credit to Kathy for speaking honestly, I'd like to see it catching on.

She did qualify her comment by saying that perhaps someone had ordered 2 pairs of shoes to get the correct fit but implying that they would not be used - just tried on.

After leaving nursing because of health problems I worked on customer services for many years and learned to look for the tell tale signs of worn garments as opposed to them that had been just tried on ...Its the way they say take it on holiday wear it for the month and then if you aren`t happy return it no questions asked No way would any store take back anything that has been worn for a month unless it was faulty!! I`ve returned clothing because they have had a really bad odour about them so bad they weren`t even tried on I thought that`s what the outlet stores were for?

The fact is they don't know if they are just tried on or used. Customer Services told me they go by whether the label is still on, but not everything has a label, and also you can sit about the house for ages with a label on to see if something is comfortable. Because of the QVC mbg and encouraging people to use things, you don't worry about briefly/carefully trying on in the way you would with most mail order clothing. They just generally seem to be very poor at weeding out obviously used or dirty things before reselling. Will they ever admit they resell beauty stuff too, ugh.

I suppose the things I buy don't warrant it.I know with clothes and jewellery when I open the package,if its for me or not.Sadly I've opened packages and thought I wouldn't look twice at the rail in a shop and its literally gone back to QVC that day.Bags I may put all my stuff in and realise its too small - so thats hardly used or my MBG take advantage of - the bag goes straight back.

The only time I think I've ever used my 30 MBG was with a pair of birkenstocks.I loved them but just couldn't shake off how clumsy they looked and felt (they were clog type ones) and i felt it every time I put them on - but thats my only example in my head I can think of.I do buy the occasional bit of make up but again I tend to know when it comes if it suitable or not.I suppose I may try one item,which would come under the MBG.

I don't buy gadgets nor generally skincare as a rule of thumb.I imagine thats where a lot of the MBG is abused.I don't buy yankee or NN unless I'm 100% sure as they're to expensive to send back.As I say I truly wished I did use it more - I'm certainly paying through the nose for it!!!!!

Soory meant to say my above comments were in answer to ILC!! the thread has been merged since I answered and my comments look a bit random lol!!!

Latest posts

Back