Kathy again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know how many times do we really need to know that this clothing item would be ideal for her as a 'mother of the bride' outfit for her daughters wedding. I mean last year it was Alison Keenan and her marriage to Collin and now this year it is Kathy and her daughters wedding. I know it is important in their lives and they like to think that we are not only 'interested' (tongue firmly in cheek), with regards to what they are flogging but also we seem to be bothered about the minutiae of their lives. Now no doubt some people will be interested and it is also a good sales patter ploy, as they can say that certain bits of clothing or jewellery would be good for the mother or daughter and this can also be extended to gifts for the bride or future son in law. But given that the wedding is not until August/September do we really have to put up with another 6 months of this. That last statement was a rhetorical question as I think we all know the affirmative answer!

:mysmilie_466:How could you forget Clair Sutton's "Mummy" s wedding and all the QVC stuff that was used!!

Well my DD and SIL wedding was beautiful and everybody said wholeheartedly how they didn't want the day to end. You all sound like you have had really bad experiences and that's a shame. We are a long time dead and if a couple start out full of promise and it goes pearshaped well at least they tried. I don't object to money gifts, it's up to them what they want to spend it on and I'd rather it was what they wanted than a toastie maker shoved to the back of the cupboard. And helping set up a venue is a nice thing to do, as long as it's not a bombed out dump! :mysmilie_17:

it was a bombed out dump. filthy. i did suggest a lovely marriot hotel, food, drink and an evening reception but no the bride wanted the dirty tip of a hall and it cost more £1500 more than the marriot:mysmilie_13:

Well my DD and SIL wedding was beautiful and everybody said wholeheartedly how they didn't want the day to end. You all sound like you have had really bad experiences and that's a shame. We are a long time dead and if a couple start out full of promise and it goes pearshaped well at least they tried. I don't object to money gifts, it's up to them what they want to spend it on and I'd rather it was what they wanted than a toastie maker shoved to the back of the cupboard. And helping set up a venue is a nice thing to do, as long as it's not a bombed out dump! :mysmilie_17:

I agree Loveinamist! My daughter's and eldest son's weddings were wonderful, personalised and very happy events which didn't cost a packet. A wedding is only as good as the guests make it. Only my youngest son to go now and I promise not to keep on about it here when the time comes next year lol. I see Anne Dawson is the next one to be mother of the groom. Be interesting to see if she wears a QVC item.

She is very keen on Join clothing so I suspect so but IMO they are more a casual range.

Maybe he is getting married on a Greek island so she'll be okay!

Latest posts

Back