Just tried the new Elemis eye cream...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suey

Registered Shopper
..I was wandering through the beauty department in Selfridges this morning (at the Trafford Centre) on the hunt for Bare Escentuals. Firstly, a nice lady from the YSL counter asked if I wanted to try the new roller-ball eye cream, followed by Touche Eclat (sp?). So I did. Then I went to the Elemis counter to see if I could try out the new eye cream - there was no-one there so I helped myself to the Tester. Can I just say that one pump of this new cream would probably be good for my whole face and neck, as well as my eyes!....so I rubbed it into the back of my hand (better than wasting on a tissue!) and dotted a small amount around my YSL'd eyes. Next stop it was Bare Escentuals in Debenhams, where another nice lady applied some Eye Primer and a new eye colour.

Now the thing is, I'm very pleased with the results - but I don't know which product caused this effect!!! I'm hoping it's not a combination of all three (although it obviously is, but I hope one of them would work on their own) - it's going to be very costly otherwise!

Incidentally, the new Elemis eye cream has a very nice light texture, non-irritating, but I'm sure would give a better result if used alone!!!!

..I was wandering through the beauty department in Selfridges this morning (at the Trafford Centre) on the hunt for Bare Escentuals. Firstly, a nice lady from the YSL counter asked if I wanted to try the new roller-ball eye cream, followed by Touche Eclat (sp?). So I did. Then I went to the Elemis counter to see if I could try out the new eye cream - there was no-one there so I helped myself to the Tester. Can I just say that one pump of this new cream would probably be good for my whole face and neck, as well as my eyes!....so I rubbed it into the back of my hand (better than wasting on a tissue!) and dotted a small amount around my YSL'd eyes. Next stop it was Bare Escentuals in Debenhams, where another nice lady applied some Eye Primer and a new eye colour.

Now the thing is, I'm very pleased with the results - but I don't know which product caused this effect!!! I'm hoping it's not a combination of all three (although it obviously is, but I hope one of them would work on their own) - it's going to be very costly otherwise!

Incidentally, the new Elemis eye cream has a very nice light texture, non-irritating, but I'm sure would give a better result if used alone!!!!

I got my free Elemis sample from QVC today so I will let you know in due course. :wave:

I got a 1ml sample the other week in Debenhams, and as I said a pin size does both eyes. I found the texture quite rich, perhaps that is why I need so little. The 1 ml lasted me using twice a day about 4 or 5 days!!!!!:cool:

Now I am not going to say I look fabulous or anything after such a short trial, but it did not annoy my eyes a good sign.

My card arrived from QVC but the sample was missing. By sheer coincidence my chum at work got one and brought it in for me today..so I'm off to try it now. Not going for the TSV anyway, too expensive when all I really want is the eye cream and it's a piddly size...

I saw on eBay that there are wheat proteins in the new Pro-Intense eye & lip cream.
Is there any mention of gluten ?
Does it contain gluten or is it gluten-free ?
Is it dangerous for people with gluten sensitivity ?

As I can't go on Facebook or Twitter, could anyone ask the question for me, please ?
(and then tell me if there's any answer !)

:flower::flower:

I thought you had injest(sp) the gluten for it to affect you?

Keeley is not online due to being at QVC for the launch of the TSV so you won't get an answer.

I'll have a nose and see what I can find.

Thanks, Donna255 !

I think that gluten is dangerous for all the cells (even the skin), so even without ingesting.

Some 100% Pure skincare products are mentioned gluten-free.

All I can find is this.

Mafane Flower, Fucose & Wheat Amino Acids

So its the amino acids from the wheat, whatever those are. If someone can look on the back of the sample it should give the full list of ingredients.
Or phone QVC CS and ask them? Keeley might then answer live at the launch.

Thanks for searching, Donna255 !

I don't know if all of the amino acids (protein) in wheat are gluten (which is definitely a protein)
or if Elemis managed to leave the gluten and extract good amino acids.

Would you ask CS for me please, as I don't think my oral English is good enough for them to care about my question ?

I would be so happy to know if it is suitable for people with gluten sensitivity.

I saw on eBay that there are wheat proteins in the new Pro-Intense eye & lip cream.
Is there any mention of gluten ?
Does it contain gluten or is it gluten-free ?
Is it dangerous for people with gluten sensitivity ?

As I can't go on Facebook or Twitter, could anyone ask the question for me, please ?
(and then tell me if there's any answer !)

:flower::flower:

Looked on my sample, there are a million ingredients, here goes with main ones:
water, glycerine, dicaprylylcarbonate, hydrogenated ethylhexyl, oliviate, aluminum starch, octenvlsuccinate, butylene glycol, butyrospermum, prakii butter, caprylic triglyceride etc.,

Hope this helps, it sounds very pure !!!! :hi:

Thank you so much, Loveinamist ! :flower:

I just found on the internet that "Hydrolyzed wheat protein" are even more sensitising than gluten,
even for people not sensitive to normal gluten ! :sweat::sad:

Thank you so much, Loveinamist ! :flower:

I just found on the internet that "Hydrolyzed wheat protein" are even more sensitising than gluten,
even for people not sensitive to normal gluten ! :sweat::sad:

I have allergies to a lot of things too, I expect to react to this in time so am being very careful with it. Hope everyone gets the results they are hoping for. :happy:

I would like to thank you both Donna255 and Loveinamist for helping me so kindly and so fast !
:clapping::flower::flower::clapping:

Please be very attentive when using the new Pro-Intense eye&lip cream !

I used my sample of the eye cream last night all around my eyes (including top eyelids) and this morning my eyelids are red. I don't usually have any problems with eye creams so if you're sensitive to stuff, then this cream might cause problems.

i am allergic to all the elemis skincare barring the eye serum with dropper. everything else gives me boils.:down:

I used my sample of the eye cream last night all around my eyes (including top eyelids) and this morning my eyelids are red. I don't usually have any problems with eye creams so if you're sensitive to stuff, then this cream might cause problems.

Tried the Elemis eye-cream sample, after doing a patch test, but also had a nasty sore reaction under my eyes. Pity, because the texture is lovely. ( Have had problems with a few Elemis products in the past: new Radiance Cleanser, Papaya Enzyme exfol. Pro Coll Eye Cream) But I'm ok with Decleor and Gatineau.

Latest posts

Back