Just tried my first pair of Diane Gilman jeans

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's all a bit PANTS!

I'm a little cross! With the emphasis on "little"! I ordered the mushroom in the "short" length and they're 31" in the Small and 30.5" long in the XSmall so I've emailed for a return label for each pair as they are not the length advertised. Such a shame as they're otherwise rather nice but I've had to shorten trousers all my life and don't feel inclined to shorten these when I ordered them expecting them to fit straight away. :mysmilie_51:

If you're a shorty like I am, then don't pay for the return postage and make sure they refund the outward postage as well! :mysmilie_10:

I ordered the short and they are far too long I`m 5`3" and they will need shortening for me to be able to wear them...been to look at reviews and it looks to be a problem with this TSV. I`m so disappointed as otherwise I like them, now do I return them or pay to have them made wearable?

Sorry you have to return them. I'm very tall and the last pair I ordered were .5 inch too short and as they were bootleg they were just too short.

we are opposite ends of the problem ..my sister is the same being very tall, I know its very difficult to get a good fit with the right length! :(

I've been buying from m&s where the length is good but as I am pear shaped they gape at the waist. As I usually wear long tops this isn't visible and it does mean they are comfortable.

I've been lucky with DG jeans when they've definitely been 28 or 29" inside leg but I do sympathise with tall ladies too - you can shorten most trousers but making them longer is near impossible (my mum used to add a colourful print fabric band to the bottom of my older sister when she grew out of her trousers...not sure whether this was better or worse than wearing them half-mast...being the 60s maybe no one noticed!).

I have my ultimate favourite pair of jeans from M&S bought a long long time ago, I can't part with them although they're a little tatty at the seams. They're just soooo comfortable and a great shape. M&S have always been pretty good at recognising we're not all a standard 31" inside leg.

Latest posts

Back