Just looking ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Most of the time, whether it's fashion, beauty or jewellery (the "big three" of QVC departments) we lament. QVC brings more and more outlandish prints on increasingly expensive polyester, or pumps up the price ridiculously for viscose - when we'd all like some good quality, nicely priced items to boost our wardrobe... fortunately the supermarkets have stepped into the breach on this front.
QVC brings us makeup in shades of brown and beige and nude and leaves us guessing on foundation, or offers incoherent multilayerd routines for skincare, while promising everything is suitable for every skintype when they have huge volumes to shift.
QVC brings us silver plate at prices previously charged for weightier amounts of precious metal and seems to have almost completely abandoned precious stones in favour of more and more eek... and when it isn't that, there are mounds of costume jewellery which is either overly kitsch or cheap looking.

The odd one out here is beauty. Eek is pretty much QVC's own brand. Many of us suspect that the vast majority of "fashion" is furnished out of the same warehouses and factories, which may or may not be part of QVC's family of businesses. At the end of the day, when we see all of this stuff, the one area where QVC would give their eye teeth to get in on the act is with the beauty stuff, I suspect. If they could do an eek and essentially sell their own-brand product at prestige prices they would surely do it and laugh all the way to the bank. Arguably QVC have left it too late, and now that the likes of The Ordinary have begun driving down prices for high-end ingredients, the trend is to lower prices which don't leave any room for the kind of mark-ups QVC probably want.
Sorry, letting my inner cynic show again :mysmilie_12:

I agree with all you've said, however, I'm still of the mind that Q probably does have their own beauty brands but are marketed under other names. Many beauty brands are going under like the great flood, or are being bought out by global companies like Lever / Unigate, so who knows if Doll 10 or even Julep - (supposedly a two lady outfit) along with a few others, are owned by QVC. Sometimes you have to dig deep enough on the internet to get to the top of the chain.

Just seen a clip of Abbi Cleeve of Ultrasun fame going on about the Skinsense Retinol product which I think is BP of the Month? Well all I can say these products have done little for her.She looks much older and her skin so dry & lined, maybe the makeup? The main thing I noticed is that she goes on & on with ‘I have formulated’ all I, I , I as if she does all this single handed.Is she a Chemist or qualified in some way?Don’t like her anyway & with the grinning Craig hanging on her every word!

I agree with all you've said, however, I'm still of the mind that Q probably does have their own beauty brands but are marketed under other names. Many beauty brands are going under like the great flood, or are being bought out by global companies like Lever / Unigate, so who knows if Doll 10 or even Julep - (supposedly a two lady outfit) along with a few others, are owned by QVC. Sometimes you have to dig deep enough on the internet to get to the top of the chain.

Yes they will have branched out to own brand skincare, if they have in every other department I doubt they'll miss out on the magabucks the beauty industry brings, they want a slice of that pie.

Just seen a clip of Abbi Cleeve of Ultrasun fame going on about the Skinsense Retinol product which I think is BP of the Month? Well all I can say these products have done little for her.She looks much older and her skin so dry & lined, maybe the makeup? The main thing I noticed is that she goes on & on with ‘I have formulated’ all I, I , I as if she does all this single handed.Is she a Chemist or qualified in some way?Don’t like her anyway & with the grinning Craig hanging on her every word!

It's embarrassing isn't it, especially when she gets to the "lam..." I always press mute on my remote and wont let her finish that word, it makes my teeth itch. I also don't see how she can sit there and not explain why there isn't any spf in her lotions and potions considering how she bangs on about its importance, does she not realise that some people cant afford skin protection and skincare, so she obviously doesn't care about people getting sunburned that much then eh?, which screams volumes that its one big swizz, I cant stand her and her patronising arrogance.

I saw her the other day, talking about all the comments and compliments she gets about her skin. I am strongly of the opinion that she has had botox on the forehead immediately around the eyebrows,as the main part of her forehead wrinkles, but below it is implausibly smooth.

Latest posts

Back