Just back from Birchwood outlet !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really enjoyed looking in all the "brown boxes" never knew what would be in them ! :1: I just wish Birchwood was closer so I could visit more often !....I might actually see a Laura Gellar set (The TSV that I never recieved). Guess I will just have to visit Ikea more often and "call in" on the way !.

I think it depends what items you are looking for and if they are in stock.

Some items such as end of lines, over stocked are in original boxes and are in mint condition-but if you're not in the market to buy that item then it won't be a bargain for you.

Some items are returns that are packaged in boxes that have been stored in the warehouse and been through the postal system twice so it is hardly suprising that the boxes are a bit worn. I check inside the boxes before deciding whether to buy, as I know I have retuned items untried because I did not like the look of something and it is in pristine condition .

I would say the shop at Warrington is set out more like a 'warehouse' than a 'shop'. I was suprised that it looked so basic- it hasn't been fitted out with usual shop fixture & fittings, but then again that does not influence my purchases-as I am assessing the item that I am buying not the shops fixtures and fittings.

Did you mean your post to sound QUITE so condesending to us "tat-rumagers"???? :33:

Or was it accidental?

Never seen the place looking messy and dirty myself.......but it sounds like you probably have much higher standards for outlet shops than me :15:

I enjoy a good bargain hunt :D

I agree.

I also enjoy a good rummage in the hope that I can uncover a bargain. It is the same in TK Maxx nothing fancy but you have to search to find the good stuff.

Also you can go some days and find stuff and others not - they can never predict what they get returned or unsold.

hi everyone,
new here but just thought i would let you know that the tova perfume that is for sale is item no: 224379 and it is £5 in the shop. the assistant told me that all procedes are going to domestic violence campaine and QVC are not making a penny out of it.

Did you mean your post to sound QUITE so condesending to us "tat-rumagers"???? :33:

Or was it accidental?

Never seen the place looking messy and dirty myself.......but it sounds like you probably have much higher standards for outlet shops than me :15:

I enjoy a good bargain hunt :D

Didn't mean to offend anybody. Just can't understand why anyone would travel so far just to visit the outlets! I like outlet shops (and you honestly can't compare TK Maxx with the QVC outlet as somebody else did - they're continents apart in terms of layout, tidyness, general appeal etc) but my local charity shops are far more pleasant places to have a good rummage than the Shrewsbury outlet which is often messy and dirty. Sorry, but that's exactly how I've seen it! The NN bedding stuff is OK there, but the craft stuff I've seen was in a terrible state, the clothing really dire and a high percentage of the other goods were incomplete or obviously second hand/used. I don't mind that in a charity shop, but the QVC discounts weren't that good to justify buying them in that state.

I know that many members have been lucky in the outlets and like to recommend them - fair enough! BUT, it's only fair to give the other side of the coin too. I wouldn't make a special trip to Shrewsbury just to the outlet!!

Where's the nearest outlet to Streatham, please?

(My SO passed his driving test just over a year ago and I've been waiting ever since for him to take me to Croydon Ikea :( )

clemenzina

Didn't mean to offend anybody. Just can't understand why anyone would travel so far just to visit the outlets! I like outlet shops (and you honestly can't compare TK Maxx with the QVC outlet as somebody else did - they're continents apart in terms of layout, tidyness, general appeal etc) but my local charity shops are far more pleasant places to have a good rummage than the Shrewsbury outlet which is often messy and dirty. Sorry, but that's exactly how I've seen it! The NN bedding stuff is OK there, but the craft stuff I've seen was in a terrible state, the clothing really dire and a high percentage of the other goods were incomplete or obviously second hand/used. I don't mind that in a charity shop, but the QVC discounts weren't that good to justify buying them in that state.

I know that many members have been lucky in the outlets and like to recommend them - fair enough! BUT, it's only fair to give the other side of the coin too. I wouldn't make a special trip to Shrewsbury just to the outlet!!

That's good that you didn't mean to offend.....thanks for clarifying.

Shrewsbury has great shops, pubs, restaurants, museums, parks, scenery etc etc - can't imagine anyone going there JUST for the outlet shop (unless they were very local of course).

There is also a fantastic amount of beautiful scenery, towns, villages etc between here and there and much pleasure to be gained from a day out.....

After being housebound for many years, I find great joy in lifes simple things :D

And that includes buying things I have seen on QVC and wanted but couldn't afford or couldn't justify paying, and then fnding them in a shop at a fraction of the price.

And there is indeed a lot of dross amongst the bargains.......much Kim & Co overpriced at 99p in my opinion :11:

Over the last few years on ST.com I often told the tale of the Carole Hochman 3 piece pyjama set......which came complete with the remains of a full English breakfast down the front......

:34:

I saw someones "meal" remnants on the silicone baking tray in Birchwood !, I would always clean an item if I was going to return it , lucklily the set I bought was "unused".

Only been a couple of times but I bought a few good bargains and really enjoyed a good rummage. It was good to see what some products are like in real life to avoid ordering items that I wouldn't buy when seen in the flesh so to speak. I'm looking forward to going again, no opportunities to go without my 10 and 14 yr old sons sadly so not sure when it will be.

A lot of the untidiness is down to the shoppers who descend like vultures chucking aside anything they don't want in a frenzy. Can't blame the outlet for that, the staff do tidy up when the place empties after an onslaught. I know because we went back after getting lunch because the vultures were stripping everything the first time we went in.

What planet have I been living on. Never heard about QVC outlets before and have been buying from them for about three years - never noticed anything online either. Where do you wonderful people get all this info. Living on the Isle of Wight means I may never get there, but you never know. Is there a list somewhere?:33:

What planet have I been living on. Never heard about QVC outlets before and have been buying from them for about three years - never noticed anything online either. Where do you wonderful people get all this info. Living on the Isle of Wight means I may never get there, but you never know. Is there a list somewhere?:33:

The information on the outlets is on the information at the bottom of the homepage on the qvc website - click on About us then Corporate Facts. Hope this helps.