Jumping to the phone... and other phrases you hate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CONGRATULATIONS if you managed to get XYZ...............WTF :?:

They dont congratulate me in M+S every week when I purchase my food shopping :FUME::FUME::FUME:

The one that gets me is.....this ring will fit your finger lovely. I flaming well hope so I don't intend to put it anywhere else!! Charlie Brook drives me nuts with......Have I told you my little girl calls butterflies...flutterbies? YES YES YES Charlie every blinking time butterflies are shown!!!!!! Ooooooooooh give me stength!!

The one that gets me is.....this ring will fit your finger lovely. I flaming well hope so I don't intend to put it anywhere else!! Charlie Brook drives me nuts with......Have I told you my little girl calls butterflies...flutterbies? YES YES YES Charlie every blinking time butterflies are shown!!!!!! Ooooooooooh give me stength!!

Remember old Charlie had a thing about pronouncing briolette 'briolet' (instead of the correct pronunciation 'briolay') - he just knowingly went against the tide, almost campaigning that it should sound like he said it because it seemed more 'French'? Awwwwww... bless! :hi:

Remember old Charlie had a thing about pronouncing briolette 'briolet' (instead of the correct pronunciation 'briolay') - he just knowingly went against the tide, almost campaigning that it should sound like he said it because it seemed more 'French'? Awwwwww... bless! :hi:

hang on a minute, did I get that the wrong way round?! :blush:

Just thinking of the annoying phrase that started this thread: 'jump to the phones'... I think this probably annoys me the most because it's over-direct: I command you to buy this item immediately before you can think too much about it - don't look before you leap, just 'jump' (like a lemming off a cliff).

Just thinking of the annoying phrase that started this thread: 'jump to the phones'... I think this probably annoys me the most because it's over-direct: I command you to buy this item immediately before you can think too much about it - don't look before you leap, just 'jump' (like a lemming off a cliff).

that particular phrase always makes me think of some bossy teacher, and some long ago hideous PE lesson, puts me right off, it would be hilarious if real shops carried on like QVC, imagine you are in Asda and a voice comes over the tannoy "I need you all to jump to aisle 3 as we're down to less than 10% of our stock of tinned tomatoes" and then you got a "well done" from the check out person if you managed to "secure" your "iconic" tinned veg

''approaching limited stock''
''pricepoint''
''on trend''
probably annoy me the most
recently,more than ever,I have watched with the sound down,its just the same old stuff all the time

Jumping to the phone..... and other phrases you hate

"I'll be honest with you!"

Why? is it all lies?

Don't know if anyone's mentioned these two:

"This is my go to product"

"This is a desert island product"

Ooh, you’ve prompted my first post, so hi all

Fiona wotist from Decleor - “phenomenal value” at every product
“Serious skincare” – has anyone had a pot of moisturiser tell you a joke yet?
Doowop / Dooflop reps – “oh please!”; following Mally’s stand-in “you got it” as a response to everything was just too much
Elemis Keeligh’s (sp) mispronunciation of PH to Pee “Hay’ch” instead of “a’ch”
At the top of the hour – this is an interesting concept of time

As for a product that makes my eyes pop, I take that as a health warning

Hello JBM, and welcome! :wave2:

Thank you from many, many of us for not introducing yourself as 'This is myself, JustBrowsing Madam.'

The 'Myself, Alison Young', disease has recently been seen to spread to 'Myself, Julia Roberts.'

Any day now they'll all be at it - myselfing all over the shop and it'll be unstoppable, a tide of introductory myselves at the top of [aaargh!] every hour.

It makes myself cringe.

The nautical "story", or the monochrome "story", or whatever other "stories" Glen raves on about whenever the mood takes him. :clapping:

Calm down Perdita, maybe turn the sound down & just watch the bags! (& no, I don't mean the 2 dozy mares presenting) lol.. :cheeky:

Welcome to JBM :up2:

Jill Franks referred to a Kipling bag tonight as "fashion forward" WHAT THE ???

It also really irritates me when the presenters say "This comes in yer amethyst, yer peridot, yer tourmaline" or " yer blue, yer red, yer white" etc etc

aaarrrggghhhhhh

Latest posts

Back