Julien McDonald - We are not worthy!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've not seen him on Q but if his clothes are anything to go by... good grief. Really cheap looking, tacky crap that costs a bazillion pounds whilst looking like an old sweet wrapper. Awful.

We were in Monte Carlo , day trip, and looked at the designer shops.. Looking though the windows/doors, Gucci had about 3 dresses and Chopard had one huge diamond ring in the window. They had an armed guard who kept looking at us don't know what he thought we were going to do.

Been looking at the site and took the plunge and joined.

:mysmilie_357: Lady Madonna :mysmilie_3:

We were in Monte Carlo , day trip, and looked at the designer shops.. Looking though the windows/doors, Gucci had about 3 dresses and Chopard had one huge diamond ring in the window. They had an armed guard who kept looking at us don't know what he thought we were going to do.

Been looking at the site and took the plunge and joined.

I know the kind of shops you're talking about. They NEVER have prices on the items in the window... if you have to ask, you can't afford to shop there seems to be the message I'm getting!

On a comforting note, have you noticed how utterly hideous a lot of the designer stuff is?

And welcome to the forum, Lady Madonna! :mysmilie_378:

I don't care what the rich and famous wear in terms of their faux jewellery looks etc., because they can be as carefree as they like, but I've now watched sever of his shows, and there's not a single thing I want or would wear, and I agree about his attitude gosh is he narcissistic or what - you can keep it Julian, I have better at home.

Welcome from me LM. The forum is fairly lively at present (to say the least) but that's good IMO as sometimes it gets a bit bogged down in beauty (tin helmet behind the sofa time)

I liked some of the Julien McDonald designs in Debenhams. I've not looked at the fashion in there for a while, but I do like that Debenhams have designers you've actually heard of designing ranges for them. Matthew Williamson, Jasper Conran, Betty Barclay, and my personal favourite John Rocha (I've got quite a few of his things from there), all British or British-based designers (that gets Ben De Lisi who designs for Principles in scope).

What a pity QVC can't get that right. Any designer they pick up is foisted on them by QVC US, seemingly, with one or two exceptions... but then every last one of them seems to be dragged by the ear to the same blummin' warehouse for the fabric, and possibly the same factory to make the items (though given the bizarre variations in fit makes me wonder).

I liked some of the Julien McDonald designs in Debenhams. I've not looked at the fashion in there for a while, but I do like that Debenhams have designers you've actually heard of designing ranges for them. Matthew Williamson, Jasper Conran, Betty Barclay, and my personal favourite John Rocha (I've got quite a few of his things from there), all British or British-based designers (that gets Ben De Lisi who designs for Principles in scope).

What a pity QVC can't get that right. Any designer they pick up is foisted on them by QVC US, seemingly, with one or two exceptions... but then every last one of them seems to be dragged by the ear to the same blummin' warehouse for the fabric, and possibly the same factory to make the items (though given the bizarre variations in fit makes me wonder).

I have a lovely Betty Jackson top. She does do some nice stuff.

I know the kind of shops you're talking about. They NEVER have prices on the items in the window... if you have to ask, you can't afford to shop there seems to be the message I'm getting!

On a comforting note, have you noticed how utterly hideous a lot of the designer stuff is?

And welcome to the forum, Lady Madonna! :mysmilie_378:

Ugh. I hate that kind of thing. Even if I won Euromillions triple rollover jackpot (or whatever), I would ALWAYS ask the price. You must be stupid, not rich, to behave like this. As much as I love shopping, there are many things out there I won't pay fr as I don't think the asking price is worth it. I look elsewhere as common sense prevails.

My brother was quite well off and prided himself in being able to afford just about anything without even asking the price. Let's just say he frequently got caught with the Emporer's New Clothes syndrome.

And, yep, I'm a Plain Jane when it comes to most things.

Latest posts

Back