Julien McDonald hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really like Jackie Kabler! In fact she's become one of my favourite presenters now, I find her articulate and informative and ready to have a laugh. Don't remember ever seeing her present news so can't comment on that. I also think she is one of the best dressed of the presenters and always looks good. Agree she could sort out the barnet a bit though!

Have to say Julien MacDonald looks amazing. I dare say he's had some work done (definitely teeth are gleaming implausibly white), well-applied make-up for sure. He's only a few years younger than Andrew Bagley of Gatineau, but I'd say looks a LOT younger.

Oh no! He's as bad as Basso! Making clothes out of little critters. I wonder why so many of these designers are so flamboyant and campy?

Sadly it is ever thus in the fashion industry. Gay men designers simply don't want any woman above a size 10 to wear their clothes. They dislike any shape or curve, which is why the catwalk models are all of an androgynous nature - no bustline or shapely hips, as they feel their designs don't hang well on a size 12 or over. Dawn French had a go at designing for plus size, and when Vanessa Feltz was much larger she had to go to the U.S for clothes to wear on her tv series.

I've recently "had a go" at the management at John Lewis, because in their women's fashion department, none of the designer ranges go any higher than an 18 ! lots of complaints about it apparently but nothing has been done. Lots of Phase 8, Mango, Mint Velvet etc have concessions and their clothes are beautiful IF you are under an 18.

When you consider that the AVERAGE size in the UK is 16 that means that there are as many ladies OVER a size 16 as there are under.
But looking on the DH and Q you would think that the only people over a size 16 are of an average age of 70 , and like to wear brush nylon and dull as dishwater designs.
Or the rubbish that Quacker Factory think we like to wear.
Sorry I will get off my soap box now.:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

Actually enjoyed the hour.He was better then on Strictly. Some fab chunky jewellery and a bit different. Jackie was Jackie,but agree the helmet hair needs work..........

I really like Jackie Kabler! In fact she's become one of my favourite presenters now, I find her articulate and informative and ready to have a laugh. Don't remember ever seeing her present news so can't comment on that. I also think she is one of the best dressed of the presenters and always looks good. Agree she could sort out the barnet a bit though!

You beat me to it but much more eloquent. I can think of several presenters who I would put further down my Top 10 !

Sadly it is ever thus in the fashion industry. Gay men designers simply don't want any woman above a size 10 to wear their clothes. They dislike any shape or curve, which is why the catwalk models are all of an androgynous nature - no bustline or shapely hips, as they feel their designs don't hang well on a size 12 or over. Dawn French had a go at designing for plus size, and when Vanessa Feltz was much larger she had to go to the U.S for clothes to wear on her tv series.

I've recently "had a go" at the management at John Lewis, because in their women's fashion department, none of the designer ranges go any higher than an 18 ! lots of complaints about it apparently but nothing has been done. Lots of Phase 8, Mango, Mint Velvet etc have concessions and their clothes are beautiful IF you are under an 18.

We went to a 21st birthday party a while ago and my husband`s niece had arranged it for her son. She`s 50 and she was wearing the most gorgeous dress and I asked her where she bought it from ? She`s a big lady, around a size 26-28 I`d imagine and she told me she`d bought it from Curvissa (sp) which is a website I believe.

I don't mind Jackie at all but it seems I'm in the minority. I did wonder if her job at QVC might just be to keep her presenting career ticking over and her heart is really in her writing.

When you consider that the AVERAGE size in the UK is 16 that means that there are as many ladies OVER a size 16 as there are under.
But looking on the DH and Q you would think that the only people over a size 16 are of an average age of 70 , and like to wear brush nylon and dull as dishwater designs.
Or the rubbish that Quacker Factory think we like to wear.
Sorry I will get off my soap box now.:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

I agree entirely; HOWEVER, a lot of rethinking just has to go on now in non-stereotyping older age groups, because I'm a size 18/20 and nearer 70 than 60, BUT being a child of the 60's there's no way I want to dress like my Mum did at my age! That generation of permed hair, sensible pleated skirts and brushed nylon are slowly dying out but the mere SOUND of being in your 60's and 70's still conjures up the picture of granny with a grey haired bun !!!! Yes there are those that have no wish to look stylish as they mature, but just want to be 'comfortable' - ok, then there are still the Damar's of this world, but for the rest of us it would be fab if designers would get a handle on upping their size range - as they'll be our age too one day.

We went to a 21st birthday party a while ago and my husband`s niece had arranged it for her son. She`s 50 and she was wearing the most gorgeous dress and I asked her where she bought it from ? She`s a big lady, around a size 26-28 I`d imagine and she told me she`d bought it from Curvissa (sp) which is a website I believe.

Curvissa is an amazing website, reasonable prices and beautiful clothes, they do free returns were you just click on the website and choose which day you want the courier to pick your return up, Curvissa is brilliant. Meant to say, you can open an account and pay monthly.

Curvissa is an amazing website, reasonable prices and beautiful clothes, they do free returns were you just click on the website and choose which day you want the courier to pick your return up, Curvissa is brilliant. Meant to say, you can open an account and pay monthly.

I`ve just had a browse Shopper. I`m a size 14/16 bottoms but a size 18 top cos of my chesticles but I notice they go right up to a size 32.

You beat me to it but much more eloquent. I can think of several presenters who I would put further down my Top 10 !

Another Jackie Kabler fan here. She's one of the more irreverent presenters, and I like those.

I`ve just had a browse Shopper. I`m a size 14/16 bottoms but a size 18 top cos of my chesticles but I notice they go right up to a size 32.

Aw yes Vienna, my chesticles need a size 18/20 too, I do find the clothes lovely, you can use all their websites, on the clearance 365 one, I got a lovely Together blush/peach coloured shirt with a camisole underneath for a tenner, what a bargain :mysmilie_14:

I'm afraid I just cannot forgive JK for her poor (make that non existence )pre show preparation. She's bored and I'm bored listening to her. She needs to get over herself The sooner she goes writing full time the better.

Latest posts

Back