Julia's book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Judging from her blog, the 'book' is an autobiography, - so form an orderly queue !!!!! Only 12 more chapters to wait ! (my money is safe)

Wonder if I should write mine, and get it plugged on qvc......

I haven't been a pro dancer or worked the cruise ships
I wasn't a hostess on some tv game show
I didn't do an ad for a building society
I didn't appear in Citizen Smith
I have'nt "lived o'er brush" with a 'partner'
or had 2 children
I dont buy whacky presents for costume jewellers

BUT .......

I did do ballet and tap as a child
I love going on my annual cruise
I DO host Quiz nights for my local drama group
I DID audition for an appearance on Sheilas Wheels - the ad
I did marry my longtime boyfriend, but no kids

AND I was in my job longer than she's been in hers as a salesperson on a shopping channel, although never got the opportunity to inform umpteen millions of the fact.............

Well I could always relate the tale (amongst others) of when I was an estate agent, and one day had to do a complete inventory of a property, when we came across a large cardboard box, and inside was.................................. some life size blow-up dolls ! (fools & horses had nothing on us that day !)

Ooh, I've got a story about a blow-up doll too!
Bought a blow-up doll as a "secret santa" present for our manager. He blew it up and left it in his car whilst we went to our Xmas do in London. When we went back to the car park, the car was no longer there! It had been impounded and a very red-faced man had to colllect his car and doll from the pound the next day! Turned out to be an expensive night as he had to pay for a taxi home and to get the car out. We did laugh though :grin:

Oooooh, I can't wait for it to be published (
70.gif
). I bet it will be so riveting that I won't be able to put it down
SoBored.gif

Will I actually buy it
smilies-1.gif

Who the heck does she think is going to buy that? She must be self publishing, proper vanity project. How conceited!

To be honest, I think it's less a vanity project than a level of achievement she's set herself just for her own sake. I bet it will actually sell loads. Wonder if it'll be for sale on the q'v, or is that a stupid question? I suppose it'd have to be for sale on the q'v so that it even would sell loads, because how many people who don't watch even know of our Julia.

I suspect that Julia's "autobiography" will ultimately suffer the same fate as the QVC calendar - on Last Clicks for a couple of quid.

If they force the Birchwood mafia to take one with every item purchased it might prove more effective crowd control than the trolley ban at the Q outlet?

Jude xx

For the fans amongst you - Julia has just finished her FIRST 50 chapters !!!!!! (according to her blog anyway). Sounds like the sort of read if you have been put away for life, cos it would take you that long to read it !

This will obviously knock the Thompsons Directory into a cocked hat !

50 PAGES would be too much for me!

Don't think even Churchill took 50 chapters for his biography.

Maybe you're all expecting too much.
It took Steven Wright a while -

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done."

A lot goes into this book writing lark you know

Latest posts

Back