Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Julia Roberts used to be one of my favourite presenters, I found her informative and a pleasure to watch. Recently though I have not been able to stand more than a few minutes of her and end up switching her off. I am partly sick of her twittering on about her sodding book at every opportunity and also I am fed up of her behaving like a complete diva. She really does act like she is Queen Bee and quite frankly she has become unwatchable.

I find her uncomfortable viewing, she lets the guess know by being sarcastic towards them or belittling them then passing it off as a joke, that she's the boss. She acts like a woman who's totally and utterly secure in her job, knowing that no matter how she acts, her job is safe and yes I agree, she's a diva and very, very intimidating.

I agree with all the above. I used to love products demonstrated by Julia. Now the products seem to have taken 2nd place and have been replaced by the Julia Show. I am frankly fed up with the coquettish glances at the camera, comical looks of surprise and attempts to behave like a young girl. Unfortunately, there are a few others who see the presentations as their show. It's as if it is The ( presenter's name ) Show instead of let's say Fashion by Kim & Co. I don't watch much Ideal World but from what I have seen their presenters do not do this.

The result of all this? I don't watch and buy much less.

I agree with all the above. I used to love products demonstrated by Julia. Now the products seem to have taken 2nd place and have been replaced by the Julia Show. I am frankly fed up with the coquettish glances at the camera, comical looks of surprise and attempts to behave like a young girl. Unfortunately, there are a few others who see the presentations as their show. It's as if it is The ( presenter's name ) Show instead of let's say Fashion by Kim & Co. I don't watch much Ideal World but from what I have seen their presenters do not do this.

The result of all this? I don't watch and buy much less.

I think I am in a minority but I have always found her to be like that. Totally up herself, never ever been able to watch anything she is presenting.

Julia is my favourite presenter - however, the other day I was thinking I had not seen her for a while, and then turned on and there she was. She then just really started annoying me and I ended up switching off. However, that could just be me being a grumpy old so and so, the older I get the more grumpy I get. Although if you ask my OH he says I have always been grumpy.

She is still the best of a very bad lot.

I just wish she would shut up about Her Sophie.(and Daniel)

Ditto; we've had to put up with the life and loves of those kids since she started on Q. Its on a par with Richard & Judy who ALWAYS mention their 'kids' at every opportunity - especially the "cant do any wrong Chloe".

As for being the diva who can't do any wrong. She reminds me of Susannah Reid who dominates any show she is on too !

You have got me started now! I also find the frequent allusions to her being a super woman very irritating - did the garden, baked a cake, made a delicious risotto, Pilates workout and wrote a book. OK, we get that you are fabulous but I only switched on to do some shopping!

i quite like julia but she does seem to grasp for compliments at every opportunity and it looks a bit childish for a grown woman approaching 60.

I really hate how she rudely giggles away at whatever has been said into her earpiece by the producer or 'the gallery'. It is not funny or endearing its just ignorant. She is one of the worse presenters for doing this.

Yes it's a shame isn't it? She was always the safest pair of hands and the easiest to listen to by far, but she seems to have turned into a parody of herself recently.

I still don't mind her and I'd sooner have her present over any other presenter (maybe apart from Dale, he is excellent at his job) but she's definitely developed some irritating habits.

It is inherent in any workplace to have a strategic level of seniority. Jules, along with Debs, is in this position. I have no problem with any of them plugging their latest venture. If they are in the position of positively affecting sales, go for it. Jules is making a contribution to her charity; Debs did the same for the medical dogs, via her table top sale. We have a choice, to buy or not to buy.

Julia is the best presenter on QVC. She achieves just the right balance between being friendly (hence the anecdotes about her life) and professional (just listen to the way she gives the proper information on products and puts guests at their ease; she might give you a little chit chat, but never whitters away inconsequentially without focussing on the product). And she is honest about the details of products: it's always Julia you can rely on the say the like of "to be honest with you, I'd go up a size in this as it's a bit neat" or "the model is tall at 5'10", so if you are shorter, this dress will fall below the knee". I personally think she's an inspiration: look at what she achieves in her life, and how she keeps her smile, professionalism and friendliness despite any knocks in life; any 'diva' attitude is really personality, spirit and humour in my book!

I generally like Julia and find her the most watch-able of anyone on Q.She is straightforward and points out if something would be unsuitable for certain people.She is not however without her more irritating traits.She loves posing in the jewellery & I sometimes wonder why they also have a model, & THE book noticed it came out of a handbag the other day! Howeeeeever I can put up with the Queen Bee!

I know we all have our opinions, but mine is that her life is hardly of the workhouse variety. Had 'jobs' in the entertainment industry all her life, dancing and posing, and now describing items on screen. Owned a palatial Spanish villa with infinity pool, clearly mixes with other 'hard working' souls i.e. Simon Wilson, her partner bangs drums for a living, and writes novels when she has the time. I appreciate she's had health issues, but so have thousands of others - me included, diagnosed with Lupus 20 years ago but carried on working regardless.

My 'inspiration' is my grandmother, long since past. Born in 1899 the eldest of 13 children she helped to raise - yet didn't know about the facts of life until she was 24 and her future husband, my grandfather, told her ! She lived in a mining community and filled the tin bath with hot water in front of the fire for her husband home from the mine. She cooked on 1 gas ring and an open range fire. She had an industrial injury when working in the steel mills, - her right hand and arm got caught between two gigantic rollers which literally flattened it - no H & S in those days, yet she was a superb cook and baker. A wonderful woman who wore a spotlessly clean wraparound 'pinny' every day. All this a world away from today, but HER autobiography would have been well worth the read.

I thought it was just me getting very tetchy, but I have had to mute Julia quite a lot just lately. She has always been a bit of a diva, but imo the older she gets the worse she is getting. I don't wish her any harm... but I really don't want a commentary on her family.

Don't mind Julia to be honest I think she does a good job. However, the other day I did hear her say she didn't carry any weight around her middle - now come on Julia, let's tell the truth. It's no big deal - look at my middle lol. I think she has this kind of "other person" type of thing that she does on TV where it's not really her but a kind of mega star. There's worse presenters.

CC

I really hate how she rudely giggles away at whatever has been said into her earpiece by the producer or 'the gallery'. It is not funny or endearing its just ignorant. She is one of the worse presenters for doing this.

It's as bad as whispering in company one of my late gran's pet hates.

It seems the older she gets, the more coquettish she gets. Julia, shut it. I don't want to hear about your family or to see an elderly woman flirting with the camera, thank you very much. And I speak as someone even older than you, so this isn't being ageist. Act your age with decorum, and a touch of humility wouldn't be amiss, either. Your job is to present the products, not yourself. Queen Bee you may think you are - until your age and face no longer fits, which will happen if you carry on like this because your loyal customer base will disappear. I find your shows now a bit silly.

Latest posts

Back