Julia Roberts You Are Brilliant

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
i know you all hate her - or most of you do - but Julia Roberts is a fantastic presenter.

She just did a Lulu Guinness show and was completely engaging and professional throughout it, and without any of that twee girly/handbag/giggle crap that Huntley and Franks continually throw at us. They just chatted back and forth about the bags, Julia looks lovely in a purple dress (no toe posts!) and the whole presentation was completely natural and appropriate.

At the end Lulu G said it had been great to work with Julia and that she'd "like to do it again very soon... please" which spoke VOLUMES about who she's normally stuck with.

Then she went on to do a fashion show, flying solo, and for the first few minutes that i watched continued being upbeat, informative but most of all natural.

I dont care what any of you think about Julia Roberts, I think she is ****** brilliant.

Stop being such a creep Burlz. :tongue: The old bird's been doing it for 18 years so she should have all the old flannel off pat by now. :dull:

i know you all hate her - or most of you do - but Julia Roberts is a fantastic presenter.

She just did a Lulu Guinness show and was completely engaging and professional throughout it, and without any of that twee girly/handbag/giggle crap that Huntley and Franks continually throw at us. They just chatted back and forth about the bags, Julia looks lovely in a purple dress (no toe posts!) and the whole presentation was completely natural and appropriate.

At the end Lulu G said it had been great to work with Julia and that she'd "like to do it again very soon... please" which spoke VOLUMES about who she's normally stuck with.

Then she went on to do a fashion show, flying solo, and for the first few minutes that i watched continued being upbeat, informative but most of all natural.

I dont care what any of you think about Julia Roberts, I think she is ****** brilliant.

:heart:Bravo BB.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Julia is one of my favourite presenters,informative and watchable-----which is more than can be said for quite a few others.

Julia certainly does not annoy me anywhere near as much as Craig, who was doing the jewellery clearance this morning. I had to turn off after only 4 min as he described sandstone as a natural stone :headbang::headbang::headbang::mysmilie_498::mysmilie_498:

Couldn't agree more. the more I watch most of the other presenters the more I appreciate Julia.

I certainly don't hate her.
I think she is the best presenter Q has.

Saw the last part of the Ronni Nicole show. She was great. Describes the clothing, the fit, if the dresses come up a bit shorter and gave measurements!! In all a thoroughly enjoyable and informative half hour or so!

I caught some of the show and no ar*s licking of Lulu(bet she was glad to sit down with a dry one for a change):cheeky: Information about the bags, no desperate begging or hints the size of elephants how much they loved and wanted this one.

I have always said that JR is indeed QVC's top presenter, I like watching her presenting skills... until she goes into her preening and ego mode then I switch over.

I don't dislike JR per se but I do dislike her inflated ego,her snide comments to some of the models and I absolutely hate her nauseating girlishness when she is with Simon Wilson. Apart from that I think she is a very good professional presenter who really knows her stuff.

I think her girlishness is her way of handling Simon & she does it well. My daughters do the same with Himself :giggle:

He gives me the impression of being quite prickly & makes he no secret of who he likes and who does not particularly like during his sessions.

I've not noticed any snide comments to the models but saying that, I rarely watch the fashion shows to the bitter end.

What ever we might think about JR and her lack of fashion sense etc. I think she is certainly very professional and informative when presenting , probably the best of the bunch .

:wave: Julia is a very good QVC presenter. I almost never throw cushions at the screen and bellow "show us the colours!" or "Sizes! What are the bliddy sizes?!" when Julia is presenting.

She gobsmacks me with the things she says sometimes, but the mere sight of her doesn't irk me.

If that makes me a Julia Roberts sycophant then sign me up and size me up for the T shirt with the lifesize picture of her head on it. :giggle:

What would be the caption? "I'm in the small?"

That would look pretty funny on plus size moi! :grin:

I've said stuff about Julia in the past on here as regards the *toe posts and leggings*. However, she does tell it like it is, and her presenting skills are much much better than others I can mention....when she isn't in Miss Piggy pose (ie, flicking and pouting). Go Julia:up:

Latest posts

Back