ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia R: Good for QVC or Not?

• QVC turn on?

Votes: 59 52.7%
  • QVC turn off?

Votes: 53 47.3%

• Total voters
Surely though, if you don't like something you don't hang around it, you get away from it right? Same here. For instance, I detest the Go Compare adverts, so the second they come on, the mute button goes on too.

I don't suppose you would go on a forum everytime it comes on to moan about it either.
I don't like Eastenders therefore I don't watch it. I know what to expect. It is always the same so I just give it a wide berth. If I watched it and then told everyone how it got on my nerves and how I hated everyone in it I'm sure I would be told not to blimmin watch it.

How about you just avoid my posts like I do with yours?
What, like you did in post #35?? How can you be ignoring my post when you quoted it?? :mysmilie_483:

One thing though, not everyone will agree with you, so you have to let those people have their opinions too, without swearing at them would be good too. :thinking:

I don't try and stop anybody having a differing opinion to mine, how could I?? In fact if you'd been here longer you would know I love a good old heated debate....
handbag-1.gif
As for swearing at people, wtf are you going on about?? :devil:

I don't suppose you would go on a forum everytime it comes on to moan about it either.
I don't like Eastenders therefore I don't watch it. I know what to expect. It is always the same so I just give it a wide berth. If I watched it and then told everyone how it got on my nerves and how I hated everyone in it I'm sure I would be told not to blimmin watch it.

it's not quite the same though is it? for instance, i like kirk's folly so i will watch whoever's presenting it. if it's CS i sometimes can't make it all the way through and the mute button gets a work out, whereas if it's something i'm only moderately interested in, then yes, i would turn off.

If anyone listens to the fab Alex Lester during the night you'll understand when I say that some Fred Slippage has occurred here:sun:

Now. now ladies and gents: I thought I'M supposed to be the "wilfully" argumentative one (according to posters in the JR is an extra small thread, anyway :wink: ).

Anyhoo, this all goes to support my OP: whether you love her or not, JR really does stir deep passions on here.

:nod:

Well, JR certainly polarises people on this here forum!

There are those who see her as a fantastic, professional seller/presenter on QVC. One who has a cracking (dare I say it "smutty") sense of humour and is still gorgeous and glam for her age.

Yet there are others who see her as QVC's "Queen Bee"; with an ego the size of Jupiter, a bitchy streak a mile wide, past her sell-by date, and more self-serving than a fortnight in Butlins in Skegness.

So, which is true? Or is the real JR a mixture of the two, and is she a boon to the QVC channel or is she a complete turn-off?

Or doesn't it matter? What do YOU think? :cheeky:

Both JR and her male counterpart Dale Franklin are smarmy and self serving.I can't and won't watch full stop..period ...end of.. when either is on.
What a revolting woman she is ,and you think she looks good for her age?? Her skin looks like leather, her smile reflects her inner self, I.E smug and false and the station would do well to get rid of her.Not because of her age but becasue she IS a devisive figure and you don't need or want that from somebody trying to sell you something.
From a mans point of view ,she's a dog.Mutton dressed as lamb,and there isn't a single thing about the woman that I find appealing.Not in her looks or her personality.

Both JR and her male counterpart Dale Franklin are smarmy and self serving.I can't and won't watch full stop..period ...end of.. when either is on.
What a revolting woman she is ,and you think she looks good for her age?? Her skin looks like leather, her smile reflects her inner self, I.E smug and false and the station would do well to get rid of her.Not because of her age but becasue she IS a devisive figure and you don't need or want that from somebody trying to sell you something.
From a mans point of view ,she's a dog.Mutton dressed as lamb,and there isn't a single thing about the woman that I find appealing.Not in her looks or her personality.

And... RELAX Ryan! Breathe out! :nod:

I hope you feel better now all that's off your chest!

There's not much in it: currently just under 8% more people find JR a boon to QVC than those who can't stand her.

She really does split this forum down the middle, doesn't she?

I'm glad someone said this forum is supposed to be fun. Can't see much fun going on in this post. Nor all the others calling presenters all sorts.
Yes I know we are all entitled to an opinion but it doesn't make for pleasant reading IMO.

Hi Ryan :hi: I agree with most of your post except the skin like leather bit because I think her skin is actually in very good nick for her age, except the crepey skin on her inner upper arms which is horrible :puke: and I can't understand why she doesn't cover those bits of her arms up. :wonder: False and smug she has always been, she never used to mutton, but she certainly is now.

I think Julia look fab, got a great personality and I like the way she gets straight to the point with what she is selling - saying what the sizes are, what the inside of a bag looks like etc without chattering away for a few mins. Very professional and doesn't seem the type to take any nonsense :up::

I think Julia look fab, got a great personality and I like the way she gets straight to the point with what she is selling - saying what the sizes are, what the inside of a bag looks like etc without chattering away for a few mins. Very professional and doesn't seem the type to take any nonsense :up::

pollybelle the voice of reason!

I'm glad someone said this forum is supposed to be fun. Can't see much fun going on in this post. Nor all the others calling presenters all sorts.
Yes I know we are all entitled to an opinion but it doesn't make for pleasant reading IMO.

Agree with you there. It used to be such a laugh on here and the reason I came out... from lurking that is! :happy:

Now it's just repetitive negative sniping the whole time. Isn't there enough of that going on in the world? :wonder:

Good for you Pollybelle! Something nice for a change!!

Hope you don't get slated for your opinion. :sweat:

Well I take your point about not making for pleasant reading,but neither do the newspapers.

Well I take your point about not making for pleasant reading,but neither do the newspapers.

Hmmm. Not quite the same thing really. I read the papers for news, I look at a shopping channel for products and read this forum to find out about said shopping channel. I don't really want to read someone ranting on about how much they hate a presenter, calling them vile names, and droning on about their arms, hair, voice etc. Calling someone a dog is just plain nasty IMO.

Awww, I don't think Julia is a nasty, bitchy woman. She strikes me as a (dare I say it) extremely superficial person, who has worked in a superficial industry all her life and who moves amongst similar people. Add to that a bulging bag of simpering fan mail every week, and what you've got is a tossing hair bomb just waiting to explode. She doesn't bother me in the least - I tend to smile at her, in exactly the same way I giggle at the The Only Way Is Essex crew.

Awww, I don't think Julia is a nasty, bitchy woman. She strikes me as a (dare I say it) extremely superficial person, who has worked in a superficial industry all her life and who moves amongst similar people. Add to that a bulging bag of simpering fan mail every week, and what you've got is a tossing hair bomb just waiting to explode. She doesn't bother me in the least - I tend to smile at her, in exactly the same way I giggle at the The Only Way Is Essex crew.
That's a very astute observation DD. Figure of fun or simply a figure of ridicule :mysmilie_506:...it's a very fine line and over the years (on this forum) she's evolved into the latter because of all her affectations.

That's a very astute observation DD. Figure of fun or simply a figure of ridicule :mysmilie_506:...it's a very fine line and over the years (on this forum) she's evolved into the latter because of all her affectations.

Oh, I'd vote for figure of (nice) fun. I genuinely don't think she realises what she's saying half of the time, and I'd bet my last penny that she isn't trying to be catty. She just operates in a world where these things are routinely said and done, without anyone batting an eyelid. Which doesn't make her a bitch or dumb ... just different!

Latest posts

Back