ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia R: Good for QVC or Not?

• QVC turn on?

Votes: 59 52.7%
  • QVC turn off?

Votes: 53 47.3%

• Total voters
Like her loads since her days on Cable Today in Croydon, when I interviewed her she was lovely and still really enjoy watching her.

Blimey forgot all about Cable in Croydon, my hubbie did a few interviews on there. Think the presenter went onto be a Blue Peter blokie , albeit a not memorable one !!!

I must dig out my recordings !!

i'm in the don't care camp. i understand all the diva comments but she's not one of the presenters i HAVE to mute before something gets thrown at the tv. the only thing about julia i really can't stand is the toe-posts and that's a bit irrational ;)

I can mostly take her or leave her, but I agree that she's not nearly as nice since she lost the weight. It seems to have brought out a rather unpleasant bitchiness in her. Perhaps being hungry makes her tetchy.
She can be quite cruel sometimes to some of the guests, thinking particularly of a couple of times when she was on with the pretty Kipling girl. She made a few cutting remarks to get one up on the poor girl, trying to show herself in the better light, that in my view did the exact opposite. The poor girl looked ready for tears at one point.
I think there's a lot of jealousy there.

I suspect ageing is coming as a bit of a shock to her & the weight loss & keeping the long hair is part of the attempted fight against it.
She should consider what the only alternative to growing older is, lots of unlucky people don't get the chance,be grateful & get herself a decent hairstyle!

Loves herself too much for my liking. She can be a good presenter when her ego doesn't get in the way but I agree with previous posters that she was better and nicer before the weight loss. There's a promo of her sitting on a bed talking about Qcut before she lost the weight and she looked so much better and about 10 years younger. She'd be a lot more attractive if she just accepted her age and weight and just generally lightened up instead of constantly harping on about her bliddy Pilates and swimming. Get a good meal and a few vinos down you woman, you'll look a lot better for it!!!!

I couldn't care less either but maybe I don't watch QVC often enough for her to grate on my nerves like she does some people. There's always the off button!

Personally I think she's good at her job, she's got fab toned arms for a 50 something woman, she's lost weight, good for her and so what, get over it! Yep her hair does look a bit frizzy sometimes, but we all have bad hair days and she does love her zip up trus and toe post shoes a bit too much, but hey, she's a former dancer, maybe they're comfortable for her feet! She obviously doesn't care less what people say about her and good on her for that!

What I find amazing is that she seems to wind up so many people that they feel they have to watch her shows and then come on here and comment about what she's wearing or done/said! How about, if you don't like her, switch the TV over or off. Weather's fab outside, go and enjoy it!

:devil:

julia speaks her thoughts and this gets her into trouble sometimes. she is imo the best woman presenter on qvc. informative and interesting....what will she say next lol!:blush:

well ''i'll be honest with you (grrrr)'' i'm the plus size buyer as opposed to Joy who is the plus size model (grrr) and i can't stand the bitchy me me me high instep, dancing calved, crystal palace private box ,i've known simon longer than you and ''i'll be honest with you (grrr)'' lesser known Julia Roberts!!! phew

I'm sort of in the 'don't care' camp. One the one hand I find her an excellent presenter - good at giving the right info, making interesting comments about products and does know her stuff. But, far too much preening, flouncing and making bitchy comments to models and guests can sometimes make her a turn off. Can't bear to watch her with Simon Wilson, far too much sucking up.

I do think she's a great looking woman, superb figure etc, but the hair needs a decent cut. The toepost mules she does wear for medical reasons as she needs to be comfy and not in pain, there are worse things she could wear...

I hate to admit this, but I don't know which of the many women presenters she is (probably as they tend to do the beauty stuff and clothing that I am not interested in).

I know most of the men's names though, as they tend to do more of the DIY and electronics stuff.

But I did know Catherine Stewart by name, calld SVL (Strict Vacuum Lady) on another forum LOL.

Last edited:
I suspect ageing is coming as a bit of a shock to her & the weight loss & keeping the long hair is part of the attempted fight against it.
She should consider what the only alternative to growing older is, lots of unlucky people don't get the chance,be grateful & get herself a decent hairstyle!

I agree that she is finding ageing hard to accept and that she should grow old gratefully.

She's a good presenter but I find her constant self ego massaging very hard to take. We're not interested in who she knows, where she holidays, whether she thinks she is some sort of linguist because she knows a few words of Spanish, etc etc ad nauseum.

She's working in sales and her remit is to showcase the products she's selling and not to indulge in endless self promotion, petty point scoring over guests and models or private jokes and comments with Simon Wilson.

I like JR. She annoys me doing "fashion" when she bangs on about her weight loss. I wish she wouldn't but she has been there since the beginning and is one of the better presenters. I think her weight loss is going a bit too far, I am about the same age as her and I like to look good and need to lose few pounds but there is no way at my age I would suit the weight I was at 20 something which was just over 8 stone. Its only been since her weight loss that she has turned into a bit of a diva which is a shame because she is a good presenter, and has always described the things she sells really well and never spends too much time on one item - some of the presenters do. I am surprised her daughter hasn't told her to lose the toe posts etc. and think more about what she wears. I think JR is good for QVC but she just needs to stop acting like someone half her age.

Got to agree with you fredab.
It is amusing when she endlessly goes on about her weight loss. Other than that I don't really care one way or the other.

Last edited:
I hate to admit this, but I don't know which of the many women presenters she is (probably as they tend to do the beauty stuff and clothing that I am not interested in).

I know most of the men's names though, as they tend to do more of the DIY and electronics stuff.

But I did know Catherine Stewart by name, calld SVL (Strict Vacuum Lady) on another forum LOL.

Wonder what happened to her?

There's always the off button!

How about, if you don't like her, switch the TV over or off.
Yawn Yawn Yawn. :yawn: These are the most ****** unimaginative, boring statements that are always made on the forum!! :mysmilie_490:

Yawn Yawn Yawn. :yawn: These are the most ****** unimaginative, boring statements that are always made on the forum!! :mysmilie_490:

I disagree, I think the most boring statments are the ones that tell us as soon as JR says she is a small or that she is wearing leggings and toe posts again.:yawn::yawn:

As are all the negative comments about JR.

One day you'll surprise me and say something nice. :thinking: Then again......... maybe not.

i don't really understand all the "if you don't like it, turn off" comments. the forum is for discussion isn't it? also, if a presenter you don't like is presenting something you particularly want to see, then you don't want to turn off! surely people don't watch qvc all day regardless of what's on.

i don't really understand all the "if you don't like it, turn off" comments. the forum is for discussion isn't it? also, if a presenter you don't like is presenting something you particularly want to see, then you don't want to turn off! surely people don't watch qvc all day regardless of what's on.

I would turn off. Why get wound up and annoyed over a presenter. It doesn't make sense to me.

Surely though, if you don't like something you don't hang around it, you get away from it right? Same here. For instance, I detest the Go Compare adverts, so the second they come on, the mute button goes on too.

Latest posts

Back