Julia looks unwell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a fan of Julia's but was shocked yesterday when i switched on the Elemis hour, i found her tired and drawn looking with her eye bags very evident - i hope she's not unwell. I dont think the weather in England(hot and humid?) does many favours for Julia's hair type(very curly) so this may have been the reason for her hair appearing so lank? It did cross my mind that she may have lost too much weight,too quickly at an older age? if this is why then i hope that Julia doesnot lose anymore weight as i've always admired her lovely face and eyes:star:

Re the appearance issue, i dont think Julia did herself any favours keeping repeating she was a size small when she was 20lbs heavier when she obviously wasnt(although the QVC size small is larger than the high street). Any criticisim on the forum re her appearance was always because of the "size small statements" never because she was too fat/big IMO and thats coming from someone who really likes Julia. She's her own worst enemy at times with her "I/my family are wonderful or do wonderful things and of course the flicking of the hair when she's feeling good or flirting with a male guest" - She comes over at times as if she has too many "Yes" people about her,believing her own hype, but that said when she's down to earth she has the nicest way about her that really draws me to her.

Julia looks awful today , I think she forgot to put her eyebrows on. Her face is drawn and her hair is wild, she is really not like Julia at all.

her eyebrows do look very undefined today and her hair does look a bit of a mess

I don't know why she looks so unkempt this weekend as she is usually very well groomed

I had to turn QVC on just to have a look and I agree that Julia's eyebrows don't look the same as they normally do . Perhaps she just isn't too well and hasn't bothered as much as usual. I hope all is well with her and her family.

Julia looks awful today , I think she forgot to put her eyebrows on. Her face is drawn and her hair is wild, she is really not like Julia at all.
I think she's slapped on so much foundation in order to look 'better' she's plastered over them. :smirk:

Having recently lost a lot of weight myself I can identify with the other opinions about losing weight from your face. I also lost loads from my face and my decollete, I got too boney, I looked ill, BUT I still needed to lose a bit from my lower half. Unfortunately you can't chose where it comes off.

Having recently lost a lot of weight myself I can identify with the other opinions about losing weight from your face. I also lost loads from my face and my decollete, I got too boney, I looked ill, BUT I still needed to lose a bit from my lower half. Unfortunately you can't chose where it comes off.

Yep, same with me, and people don't mind telling you either! Nobody would say blimey, you look fat, your face looks bloated, but lose a bit of weight and all you get is, you're not going to lose any more are you? You're face looks a bit thin, you need some more meat on your bones, and that's from people who KNOW that I am eating, and eating well for that matter and NOT running off to throw it all back up! Like you say, you can't choose where it comes off. Would have liked to have hung onto my old bust line, and perhaps be a little chubbier in the face and neck area, however to achieve that the rest of my body is almost certain to come out in sympathy!

I am the opposite to both of you, the first place I lose weight is off my hips, I end up looking straight up and down

I would love to lose weight off the top of my arms but think this would be nearly impossible, I have now started using one of those vibrosteps in the hope of trying to make my arms look less like bingo wings

Julia does seem to have lost her glow, hope she is not poorly. Yes she can be a bit up herself but she is good at her job and far preferrable than some of the others. thought she looked a bit more herself on the Tova show,tho her hair looked a bit wild. I have hair that goes into a frizz in the heat so can empathise.

i too have noticed she seems a bit less her glam self i know she was pretty ill in jan why she couldn't start her diet chef in the new yr hope she's not poorly again i'm not a huge jr fan but wouldn't want to think she was really poorly

...she's dyed her hair & eyebrows lighter.....go Julia, well done for losing weight!

Well done to Julia for losing that much weight, if this is what she desired. Personally I think 10 lbs would have been enough.

She needs to be careful though, otherwise she will completely lose her face and head into "crone" territory.

Tis interesting that Kathy Taylor has also dropped some pounds but has managed to stay pretty, difference is I reckon Kathy is probably losing in the region of 2lbs a month and her body has time to adjust, one day sometime around mid-2011, Kathy Taylor is gonna look smoking hot and we won't even know what hit us, coz her weight loss is virtually inperceptible.

there is nothing more ageing than being underweight. a stone overweight is far better than being a stone underweight.

losing weight that quickly is never agood thing specially when you are over 40 and your skin is challenged anyway.

julia is lovely looking and i believe that she will adjust and look less craggy in a few weeks her skin will settle down but she is fine now and must not get tempted by any more dieting.

Poor old Julia. For months she's had people on this forum complaining about her supposedly excessive weight (and laughing at her assertions of her size). Now she loses weight and people are saying she is too thin!

I know!!!! The woman can't win can she! The top and bottom of it is that (in my opinion) she does her job well and is a good looking woman whatever weight she is and however much sleep she has had. I don't want to watch a plastic person of no identifiable age, I want to watch someone to whom I can relate a little. Italian TV (I live in Italy) is stuffed full of plastic, talentless, characterless would be divas and I prefer JR, AK, KT et al any time.

So there!!

Yep, same with me, and people don't mind telling you either! Nobody would say blimey, you look fat, your face looks bloated, but lose a bit of weight and all you get is, you're not going to lose any more are you? You're face looks a bit thin, you need some more meat on your bones, and that's from people who KNOW that I am eating, and eating well for that matter and NOT running off to throw it all back up! Like you say, you can't choose where it comes off. Would have liked to have hung onto my old bust line, and perhaps be a little chubbier in the face and neck area, however to achieve that the rest of my body is almost certain to come out in sympathy!

Yep completely agree!! Infact a work colleague of hubbys made a point to avoid us when we saw him (and his wife) in the supermarket and we're usually good friends!! Thought it was very strange we were snubbed so obviously and then found out why when he asked my hubby if I was seriously ill!! Cheers!! Nope, just lost weight!! Can't win!!

I agree Julia's face has suffered a bit with her weight loss; however that to one side she just doesn't seem very happy these day. She goes into the sales pitch then looks stoney faced when the camera has panned to the guest presenter etc. Thinking back to her old bubbly self it just seems like a different person these days.

However when she was with Tova the other day I thought her new figure looked fantastic; she was wearing (I think) a lime green dress and it look very nice and it made me think oh she not just going for the black option now. I hope she doesn't lose any more weight (it's making me very envious!)

Well done to Julia for losing that much weight, if this is what she desired. Personally I think 10 lbs would have been enough.

She needs to be careful though, otherwise she will completely lose her face and head into "crone" territory.

Tis interesting that Kathy Taylor has also dropped some pounds but has managed to stay pretty, difference is I reckon Kathy is probably losing in the region of 2lbs a month and her body has time to adjust, one day sometime around mid-2011, Kathy Taylor is gonna look smoking hot and we won't even know what hit us, coz her weight loss is virtually inperceptible.

I've said this before but I think that facially Kathy is by far the prettiest presenter in the real sense of the word. She isn't flashy (not that there is anything wrong with flashy), she looks natural and is quiet and unassuming. As a consequence she sort of passes you by.

Julia was wearing a size small in Bob Mackie TSV and it was huge on her. It was then I noticed her stick looking legs under her black trousers- she looks scrawny and aged. She does look ill and I hope this is not the case.

Julia was wearing a size small in Bob Mackie TSV and it was huge on her. It was then I noticed her stick looking legs under her black trousers- she looks scrawny and aged. She does look ill and I hope this is not the case.

Julia has always had slim hips and legs. Her weight is/was around her middle section. I thought that given the shapelessness of the garment, she looked perfectly OK.

I think she looks grand - but I thought she looked grand before. I would be very happy to get to 54 and look like her.

I've suffered with an eating disorder virtually all my life and as a result have a very skewed opinion of what I look like. I do try not to make comments about presenter's weight as that very often can be how EDs start with people, one negative comment. But if I looked like JR did, I'd be very happy.

Latest posts

Back