Julia back to her best

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DebraJane

Registered Shopper
Caught quite a bit of the Elemis hour this morning with Julia presenting. She was back to her best, calm presentation, asking intelligent questions at the right point in the presentation - 'how often would you use that?' 'would you apply a night cream on top later?'.

A real pleasure to watch - well done Julia.

I think Julia's good most of the time. The only time I really can't watch is when she's on with Simon Wilson and she puts on this weird, possessive, "I'm his dearest friend on QVC and don't any of you forget it" performance. Have to watch with the sound off on those occasions, but the rest of the time I agree she's very good and very professional.

same here i havent ever watched a show where i had to turn over when Julia is presenting

Julia is also my favorite presenter,she comes across very well and never seems stressed.

Hi, I am new and this is my first post. Julia is my favourite presenter too, very professional and gives product information I want to know. :hi:

Hi Dahlia and welcome to the forum!!!

I would agree Julia is a very acomplished sales lady.

I thought it was a bit of and odd thing to dislike.... but wondered if it was payback for saying Lady Liz looked a bit rough when I saw her!!!!!

:angel::hi::tongue:

She has her moments but then who doesnt but on the whole she ranks with the best!

Hi Dahlia and welcome.:hi:

I thought it was a bit of and odd thing to dislike.... but wondered if it was payback for saying Lady Liz looked a bit rough when I saw her!!!!!

Haha! Well at least we clarified that when you saw her she wasn't putting out the bins lol:nod:

Shes not my favourite but shes one of the better presenters and did make me laugh when someone tweeted her and said she should order on air like the others do and she refused and said shes too slow to do that unlike DF . However i may change my mind in a few mnths when her book comes out and shes plugging that every 5mins we shall see

Don't be daft i wouldn't do that. Although i don't accept she looked rough.:grin::grin:

Julia is also my favorite presenter,she comes across very well and never seems stressed.

See its funny how we all see things differently. I watched the diamonique show she did today and just didnt feel (as I always do when watching her) that she seems relaxed. She always seems a bit on edge to me. Maybe its the finger wagging or the fact the model Nicola seemed nervous of saying the wrong thing when questioned by her. I always sense tension between her and the guests too. Sorry to all the fans in advance.

I think Julia's good. In fact, apart from Mr Jackson, I think a huge amount of my purchases have been when Julia is presenting.

Certainly not my favourite presenter; I always get the impression that she does have a rather ample ego, and will make sure her colleagues realise that (in her opinion) she is a top dog at QVC, and ought to be treated as such. Just my view. I would also add, however, that she is totally professional and, unlike Carmel, knows how to do her job. I think it would be a great shock if the Q ever decided to 'let her go' (don't see that ever happening) and I think she is an asset to the Q as a senior presenter. As another poster commented, she is a presenter I have never had to turn off. Don't mean to harp on (ok I do!), but that accolade would go to Carmel and Miceal. As LemonSqueezy said, Julia is a very accomplished saleslady. She just happens to present the products in front of the tv cameras. I won't be buying her book, as I also have no interest in what she gets up to, either on or off air, and do not particularly want to read about her family. I'm sure there are lots of viewers out there who will buy the book as soon as it becomes available. Can you blame her for selling it on the Q? They will have suggested it and, honestly, she would be silly not to accept. Other presenters have fallen on their swords (Catherine Huntley) by telling us the ins and outs of their private lives (Steve!); If I have a choice, I will refrain from having to endure pages of the being of Ms Roberts. Debs Flint (my fave presenter) started to write her book before Julia, but I cannot recall anything being said about it being available on QVC? Anyone heard anything?

The only time I have not rated Julia was when she introduced the Tassi to QVC. Tassi is a grand product and one we have been selling for years. It works... End of. If you scrunch your hair up in a towel or headband or have a Fringe that sticks up if you do anything with it then tassi is ace.
Julia IMHO totally trashed the product, she ridiculed it and seemed very unprepared and unprofessional.

Have to say the presenter would never influence what I buy or whether I buy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back