Judith Williams TSV 18th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really was wondering if it would not have been better to market it as a new brand, rather then celebrity endorsed c***, which is used in spas and a best seller on German QVC ( did they actually say that considering it is not, but sold on HSE? Their rival???)

Liz Earle started off that way, and managed to get a nice niche for herself ( so comercially successful that even AY now presides over some of the LE shows)

I think they need more clever marketing techniques that take into account that the buyer is not always dumb!

I really was wondering if it would not have been better to market it as a new brand, rather then celebrity endorsed c***, which is used in spas and a best seller on German QVC ( did they actually say that considering it is not, but sold on HSE? Their rival???)

!

Aren't the creams in Lidl and Aldi made in Germany? They've had rave reviews in the press. People would be better saving their money and buying them for a fraction of the price!! At the end of the day, it could be the same stuff repackaged and with some coloured bits chucked in ...

Speaking of coloured bits I forgot to mention the outcome of my 'spa' facial...ending of course with the luxuuuuurious moisturiser. I was puzzled later by these 'yellow bits' on my skin...thought I got pustules (pus filled spots) then realised that the casing of these 'micro-encapsulated' oils were left on my skin! Not a good look if you are going out in a hurry! Just read her blog where she states her 'profession is to create luxury costmetics for celebrities' - who? they were not mentioned on the show (unusual I know!) Just get the feeling we are being fobbed off by celebrity this and that, prestigious this and that when in all a singer fancies making some money in a skincare line -won't last long though.

lol but to be fair, Snuffs, you would have to be on the lagers day and night in order to be able to stand there spouting rubbish about the brand being popular with A-list Hollywood stars, and so on-trend that it's literally prestigious.

Gayle Hayman rep: Yes, and it's loved by celebrities who keep the products on their bathroom shelves...Sorry? It looks like what? Stuff off a car boot sale???? Errrrr, (drinks can of lager hurriedly) well, you see, there's a reason for that, it's all to do with the retro trend in Hollywood. These containers, which you might think look cheap and tacky, actually cost nearly 5 cents to produce, yes, 5 cents per thousand...and all the A-list stars, who??? Well, I think Rin Tin Tin uses the lip-lift, they think it's really funny, see? (reaches for another can of lager).
I actually believed Alison and the Gayle Hayman rep, when they said the range was popular in Hollywood. I soon came to my senses, when I saw the packaging for Gayle Hayman's Delicious perfume range.:giggle:

There's a story in the Mail today saying that Simple's Kind To Skin moisturiser, which costs £3.21, came out tops for anti-aging, beating prestige brands! Stuff in your pipe and smoke it AY!

There's a story in the Mail today saying that Simple's Kind To Skin moisturiser, which costs £3.21, came out tops for anti-aging, beating prestige brands! Stuff in your pipe and smoke it AY!

Oh that's right, I remember hearing about this one before! ALso some cream sold my Aldi which was selling out in bucketloads and was under £3 or something ridiculous. My daily moisturiser is about $12 in the US, I get it on the Bay for about the same in pounds and (not to brag!! :tongue2:) I have nice skin and rarely have any problems with it. Paula Begoun rates Aveeno and Neutrogena very highly, also Dove. I think more than ever AY and crew are selling us the aspiration of nice skin/perfect life/polished look/eternal youth with very little to actually back it up.

I have rarely reacted to any moisturizer I have used, but found some not moiturizing enough. I am lucky in that I can use almost anyhting, but the simplerange brouight me out in spots and angry red marks. How strange is that?:wonder2:

Oh that's right, I remember hearing about this one before! ALso some cream sold my Aldi which was selling out in bucketloads and was under £3 or something ridiculous. My daily moisturiser is about $12 in the US, I get it on the Bay for about the same in pounds and (not to brag!! :tongue2:) I have nice skin and rarely have any problems with it. Paula Begoun rates Aveeno and Neutrogena very highly, also Dove. I think more than ever AY and crew are selling us the aspiration of nice skin/perfect life/polished look/eternal youth with very little to actually back it up.

Alot of Derms recommend Nivea in their books as well. I guess it's a case of what works best for you but it just goes to show that you don't need to be bamboozled into spending ££££ to get decent skin. We're all gonna age no matter what we do and nothing bar surgery will prevent our faces looking old.

Alot of Derms recommend Nivea in their books as well. I guess it's a case of what works best for you but it just goes to show that you don't need to be bamboozled into spending ££££ to get decent skin. We're all gonna age no matter what we do and nothing bar surgery will prevent our faces looking old.

Couldn't agree with you more. If you pay a lot for something and it works then go for it but you certainly don't need to spend a lot. I just feel that a lot of the expensive creams sold on QVC (and elsewhere of course) are snake oil, sold using a lot of fancy words and vague celebrity references and nice pots but all you are getting inside is water and a basic emollient.

Couldn't agree with you more. If you pay a lot for something and it works then go for it but you certainly don't need to spend a lot. I just feel that a lot of the expensive creams sold on QVC (and elsewhere of course) are snake oil, sold using a lot of fancy words and vague celebrity references and nice pots but all you are getting inside is water and a basic emollient.

Now really RedT, surely you must remember that you are literally forgetting the essentialll ooiiealls, literally put in there for us :rock::wave2:

I have rarely reacted to any moisturizer I have used, but found some not moiturizing enough. I am lucky in that I can use almost anyhting, but the simplerange brouight me out in spots and angry red marks. How strange is that?:wonder2:

My daughter's skin went berserk on Simple, but never on anything else before or since. I had to take her to the docs - who prescribed prednisone, antihistamines and steroid cream the redness and swelling was so severe.

That's actually what started me on my mission to find out what's in the stuff we slather on our skin. Simple is chock full of known irritant nasties - particularly the cleanser - includingLiquid paraffin, mineral oil, silicones and loads and loads of PEGs - Just the kind of thing irritated and possibly spotty teenage skin should NOT be using!

PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate is my personal favourite, not only because it scores a red for danger 9 out of 10 for toxicity at the Cosmetics Database but also because it's one of the many fragrance ingredients included in the Simple range but emblazoned on their website it says they don't use fragrance...

I am like you and never normally have any problem with most moisturisers but Simple brought me out in red lumps and made my face so itchy.

I've never used Simple ... one look at the ingredients told me it was far from simple/pure! I just thought it was good that an affordable brand was being touted as the best anti-ager in these cash stapped times.

well i will admit to buying the tsv because i like the products and the day cream i will put into smaller pots. well this is quick for qvc it has just arrived and i have to say not that keen on the perfume it is really sweet i think my mum will end up with it because she likes things like that.

[/COLOR]

Now really RedT, surely you must remember that you are literally forgetting the essentialll ooiiealls, literally put in there for us :rock::wave2:

OMG, what was I litrally thinking?! i bet the oils come in medjim (for olive skintones), are for use around the face area (?) and are used by unnamed celebrities for their multi billion dollar movie posters! (you have to wonder how little concept of money AY must have if she thinks movie studios pay multi BILLION dollars on a poster?!) :happy:

Tx

Latest posts

Back