Judith Williams TSV 16/01/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would hazard a guess and say that it is because those smells are popular. We need to like the smell of the creams.

Thanks all - much appreciated. I do have stressed skin and getting some lines (have a severe chronic illness and on a number of nasty med's) but sounds as if I may be better off with phytomineral range.
I didn't know rose was an irritant - thought it was opposite because a lot of the all natural brands like Balance Me and Lavera put it in everything!!

I was trailing for the Green Beauty Bible and it was the Lavera rose products that really broke me out like mad. Hence my learning rose is a big no for me. Rose is good for mature skin and for some reason the beauty brands think its good for sensitive skin too. No.

A friend can't have lavender, but that is because it gives her a headache. Lavender essential oil a few hundred years ago was found to heal burns(they found out by accident). The thing with lavender and me, it gives me a high, I bounce around so not good for relaxing.

I would hazard a guess and say that it is because those smells are popular. We need to like the smell of the creams.

Why not just make them all fragrance free? Then there can't be any offensive smell. Fragrance free is better for the skin anyway. There's no actual need for any kind of pleasant smell, obviously it's desirable for a lot of people but there's nothing that makes it essential.

I can't use anything strongly scented, no matter how good it's supposed to be.
I remember trying a face cream on the back of my hand once, it was by Lancaster, don't think they are still around. The cream had a lovely velvety texture, but smelled exactly like Opium perfume. The smell was very strong and I could not imagine putting it on my face. Why use such strong scents in face products?

Why not just make them all fragrance free? Then there can't be any offensive smell. Fragrance free is better for the skin anyway. There's no actual need for any kind of pleasant smell, obviously it's desirable for a lot of people but there's nothing that makes it essential.
I think the majority of us can use fragranced creams and it is a factor in us preferencing one cream over another, assuming that they meet their use. The first thing we do when we open a new jar is to smell it.

I can't use anything strongly scented, no matter how good it's supposed to be.
I remember trying a face cream on the back of my hand once, it was by Lancaster, don't think they are still around. The cream had a lovely velvety texture, but smelled exactly like Opium perfume. The smell was very strong and I could not imagine putting it on my face. Why use such strong scents in face products?
Not everyone has a good sense of smell. I used to have an extremely good sense o smell to the extent that I felt sick when outside as a child...smells of dog pee in the street, petrol and diesel fumes from cars etc. Now the sense has considerably dulled. So what is strong to one person is faint to another

I think the majority of us can use fragranced creams and it is a factor in us preferencing one cream over another, assuming that they meet their use. The first thing we do when we open a new jar is to smell it.

Fair enough, but fragrance isn't good for the skin even if it can be tolerated.

I think for some reason are suspicious of products with no smell. If its expensive or glamorous it must smell so.

I use stick anti pers with no fragrance and body lotions as well, I wear perfume and hate any other smell getting in its way.

I got my TSV from JW and can say I am happy with it, but want to ask anyone else who got it to about products being sealed. All my products were sealed in this latest JW tsv, Except one, and that was the eye mask. So I just wanted to know, when other people received their tvs, was the eye mask sealed? I rang up and told them, but they said I would have to send the whole lot back to get another one sent out. I couldn't be arsed with all that.

Mine was the same, only the eye mask wasn't sealed. There's little chance of it being old stock or a return since the eye mask is a new product only launched in this TSV. Use it with confidence I'd say.

I'm surprised that I like the rose moisturise because rose scents I find a little too sweet and cloying but the scent of this cream disappears very quickly (and I have a v sensitive nose). I went for auto delivery but won't need the next set so if you're in the same boat cancel under DSR when you get your despatch email and refuse delivery and you will stay in the auto-delivery programme but the skipped drop won't even cost you the p&p. Unless you want to stockpile that is.

I didn't get the auto delivery just because I like to keep changing what I use so often but the new Rose cream is gorgeous and so is the new body butter. I was amazed at how lovely it was. I always liked her butters but this one is even better.

Latest posts

Back