Judith Williams Rose Oil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been using the Trilogy Rosehip oil antioxidant recently which is really nice. I think a 30ml size was about £15-20 from Boots. Can't remember had it ages. It contains mostly rosehip oil plus tomato seed oil, cranberry seed oil, sunflower seed oil, and acai seed oil. There are no essential oils (like rose oil) in it which is good for me because I have sensitive skin and can be irritated by those.

Aren't rosehips part of a rose? Just the fruit rather than the petals?

I tried the trilogy oil and found the smell turned wierd on my skin, I tried it on others in the family and it hadn't gone off, just reacted with my body chemistry, so I couldn't use it, once it's on my face there's no escape from the smell! Now if it had the scent of Rose Hip Syrup I was given as a child I'd love it!

Jude xx

Making your own face oil is so much cheaper than buying it .I make my own face oils from rosehip,argan,jojoba and avocado oils with some squalene and essential oils in for a fraction of the cost .I listened to alison in the early days and started looking into the ingredients :) and now buy with some knowledge.There are lots of online shops that sell great ingredients to make your own skincare and face oil would definately be one i would recommend making yourself .

I also make my oils, however, the ones that I bought smell much nicer than my own, LE is my most favourite smell.
My favourite "homemade" one (I use it straight) is Red Raspberry Seed Oil that was discussed on this forum a while ago.
Yesterday I bought a book on "vegetable" oils and looking forward to find out more info
http://www.aromantic.co.uk/buy-ebook-guide-vegetable-oils-skin-care.htm
I also would love to know how to make perfumes since LE makes them from essential oils and I would love to “replicate” some of the Jo Malone’s ones.

I may have to have a little dabble in make your own face oil now :wink:
Errr what am I saying...I've got most of a whopping 50ml of my Decleor excellence face oil still, (billy bumper bargain on Ebay). See, that's what I love about this forum, I get into the vibe and all enthusiastic. Then I remember when it comes to skin care...oh yeh, I have a mountain of the stuff to use up already! :grin:

I do love "Saint Judith of Williams" tho'. The woman can do no wrong in my eyes after seeing the results her serum has had on my face. Totally can't be without it.
Nikki, which JW serum are you using. I've been using the Phytomineral one from a TSV and haven't noticed any difference. Which serum are you using and what difference has it made?

Have you tried Little Miracle Rosehip Serum by WWW.balmbalm.com? Its a blend of carrier oils and various essential oils, and you can buy carrier oils and essential oils to blend your own if you prefer. Neals yard also do a create your own range with recipes on their website for ideas.

A little while ago I read someone was using a JW wrinkle product that was so good it was like having had Botox which can be purchased from her site as Q don't have it but I can't find the post, can anyone tell me what it was as I would like to try it, thnx

A little while ago I read someone was using a JW wrinkle product that was so good it was like having had Botox which can be purchased from her site as Q don't have it but I can't find the post, can anyone tell me what it was as I would like to try it, thnx
I think it was one of Nikki's posts DW

'Nikki.........:mysmilie_378:'

I think it was one of Nikki's posts DW

'Nikki.........:mysmilie_378:'
I'm here lol :)
Her site is called www.curabeauty.com

MAKE SURE YOU ORDER THE 30ML as it's the same price as the 15ml option on her site for some reason. (You want the pump not the glass bottle with the pipette). :hi::angel::wink:

Last edited:
The serum is called wrinkle relax. It's not oily tho' it's water based so great for combination skin or skin that's not too dry. It took about 4 weeks at least before I really noticed a difference & used 1 pump, under moisturiser day & night. It's got 12.5% plant collagen in it & that apple stem cell stuff that's all the rave at the mo'.

I love it as most products don't live up to their promises or even 20% of them so was amazed this one actually worked on me. If your skin is very dry you may still need an oil like JW rose oil or decleor over the top of the wrinkle relax. It's £26 for 30ml. I think if you order £35 or more p&p on her site is free. Check as it's a while since I bulk ordered x.

Weleda has 25% off their Facial Care range. They include Rose, Almond, Iris etc. Code is 25CARE until 30th March. x Snarly

Not so Quick bump to say I am loving the Rose Oil and everything else I have tried in the range so far.

I am sticking to my Emma Hardie Cleanser (both types) but have slotted in the Judith Williams into my existing routine in terms of creams, oils, serums and eye cream.

I cleanse with one or other of the Emma Hardie cleansers then during the day, follow with Phytomineral haluronic concentrate followed by phytomineral day and night cream. Sometimes I pop the phytomineral face oil on the top depending on the weather or if my skin needs an extra moisture boost. I was surprised to find it sinks in after just a few minutes and make up goes on really well with a primer underneath just in case. I use a tiny rice-grain sized of the phytomineral eye cream as well.

At night I use the Emma Hardie Moringa balm and her eye serum (from the last TSV to use it up) followed by Emma Hardie night cream which I like, but won't re-purchase once it has been used up. I have then used one pump of the rose oil from the Judith Williams range, and go to bed.

Before I started to use Judith Williams products I used Emma Hardie everything. I had used the lighter lotion from the TSV and have recently finished the very expensive serum. Clearly my dry sensitive skin was starting to complain a bit as it was dry and on my neck there was some redness that appeared a few months ago and hadn't been there before.

After only a week of slotting in the Judith Williams my skin is soft, even toned, no redness, comfortable and best of all not in the least bit dry. I may be dreaming but I may even look a tiny bit younger!

The Rose oil smells very nice indeed and is lovely at night.

Nothing will make me swap my moringa balm and I really like Emma Hardies eye serum. But I am so pleased with the results from Judith Williams that I think I will stick with her creams, serums, oils and eye creams for now. They are so much cheaper-especially in the duos and sets. Although a former member once unkindly described her range with his favourite phrase "low rent" having tried the range it is categorically not the case I am not too fussed about the packaging provided the quality, textures, results, price and value for money (lovely big sizes) impresses me.

Anyway I have ordered the life long beauty try-me as I like the sound of the rose mask and would like to compare the phytomineral range with LLB in the eye cream and the moisturiser (after all I am 40 now!). Don't think I am quite ready for the Diamogen, that seems too gimmicky for me but I would be very interested in anyone else's experience of JW products. I know Nikki already is a fan of wrinkle relax.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I've tried the hylauronic concentrate before but I only used it around my eyes, really helped with lines though. Now my skin is a little drier I'm going to try it all over my face when my current serum is finished. WG how many drops do you use and how do you apply it if you don't mind me asking?
I'm trying a 15ml of the day/night cream and really like it so have ordered the duo of big sizes, I'm also waiting for the phytomineral oil to be delivered.
What I've tried so far certainly doesn't feel cheap compared to elemis/decleor etc

Hi JemimaP it the haluronic comes with it's own doppler dropper thing. About half a squeeze is enough for the whole face. A whole one is too much as it is very watery.

Not so Quick bump to say I am loving the Rose Oil and everything else I have tried in the range so far.

I am sticking to my Emma Hardie Cleanser (both types) but have slotted in the Judith Williams into my existing routine in terms of creams, oils, serums and eye cream.

I cleanse with one or other of the Emma Hardie cleansers then during the day, follow with Phytomineral haluronic concentrate followed by phytomineral day and night cream. Sometimes I pop the phytomineral face oil on the top depending on the weather or if my skin needs an extra moisture boost. I was surprised to find it sinks in after just a few minutes and make up goes on really well with a primer underneath just in case. I use a tiny rice-grain sized of the phytomineral eye cream as well.

At night I use the Emma Hardie Moringa balm and her eye serum (from the last TSV to use it up) followed by Emma Hardie night cream which I like, but won't re-purchase once it has been used up. I have then used one pump of the rose oil from the Judith Williams range, and go to bed.

Before I started to use Judith Williams products I used Emma Hardie everything. I had used the lighter lotion from the TSV and have recently finished the very expensive serum. Clearly my dry sensitive skin was starting to complain a bit as it was dry and on my neck there was some redness that appeared a few months ago and hadn't been there before.

After only a week of slotting in the Judith Williams my skin is soft, even toned, no redness, comfortable and best of all not in the least bit dry. I may be dreaming but I may even look a tiny bit younger!

The Rose oil smells very nice indeed and is lovely at night.

Nothing will make me swap my moringa balm and I really like Emma Hardies eye serum. But I am so pleased with the results from Judith Williams that I think I will stick with her creams, serums, oils and eye creams for now. They are so much cheaper-especially in the duos and sets. Although a former member once unkindly described her range with his favourite phrase "low rent" having tried the range it is categorically not the case I am not too fussed about the packaging provided the quality, textures, results, price and value for money (lovely big sizes) impresses me.

Anyway I have ordered the life long beauty try-me as I like the sound of the rose mask and would like to compare the phytomineral range with LLB in the eye cream and the moisturiser (after all I am 40 now!). Don't think I am quite ready for the Diamogen, that seems too gimmicky for me but I would be very interested in anyone else's experience of JW products. I know Nikki already is a fan of wrinkle relax.

What a great post WG, thanks for coming back and telling us how you got on, as you can see from the original responses it generated a lot of interest. I think some of Judith's products are very highly scented which has put some off, so it's nice to hear when some aren't, but I think some of the other comments you allude to can be down to skin care snobbery 'if it doesn't cost as much it can't be any good/the packaging isn't up to much' etc.

Thanks DJ, I agree the rose is scented and as it is part of the LLB range I expect that is the range they mean. It is a very pleasant smell though.

I cannot detect any smell at all with the phytomineral range if that helps.

The Magic Makeup is in that range Anne and I agree that was very scented - I sent that back. The sun cream for the face is also highly scented.

Why do some brands make their face creams so perfumed ? we wouldn't put actual perfume on our faces so why have it in skincare. Estee Lauder are guilty of this, so is lancome.

Latest posts

Back