Judith Williams Rose Oil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like judith williams skincare but please be aware that the rose oil doesnt contain a rose essential oil ,it contains rosehip seed oil that although is still great for the skin is a bit misleading imo x

Thanks Snowberry I didn't know that- I did realise it could not have been real rose oil as the price is just too low but I had assumed a synthetic copy as with practically every perfume on the market. I don't mind, as I am sure rosehip seed oil does the job. I will look forward to trying it out.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I googled the ingredients, hope this helps
http://www.curabeauty.com/sites/default/files/LLB 2012 web JW UK.pdf

LIFE LONG BEAUTY NOURISHING ROSE OIL
INGREDIENTS: PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS OIL, OZONIZED OLIVE OIL, OLEA EUROPAEA OIL,
PARFUM, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL, GLYCINE SOJA OIL, ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL, ROSA
MOSCHATA SEED OIL, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, CITRAL, LIMONENE.

So it's sweet almond oil, olive oil, another olive oil, jojoba oil, soya oil, argan oil, Rose hip seed oil, and citrenellol which is a combination of essential oils that have a rose fragrance (Lush use this in their products) in that order. All of the ingredients have properties that should help the skin especially moisturising and conditioning, but it's misleading to call it Rose Oil.

Ingredients shouldn't put you off trying it.

I agree DJ- should be called Rosehip oil at least! However I like the sound of those ingredients especially the sweet almond oil. Wonder if it will smell good? I am going to look up the ingredients of the other ones I have tried, just out of interest.

well the nude skincare replenishing night oil contains many of the ingredients listed in Judith Wiliams version, and no rose in sight (beautypedia). This is the one that I used to buy from space nk, a high cost item for only a tiny bottle.

Trilogy Rosehip Oil is excellent too. It's Australian and you can but it online here. I've also seen it in Holland & Barratt.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

The other one I used was REN Moroccan Rose Otto oil, also frim Space NK. This one does contain (amongst other things) Rose Damascena water, and Rose Damascena Oil.

I've been using Judith's neck and decollete cream. I'm on my second pot and my neck has lost its goosepimple look. I have never paid much attention to my neck so it may be that any old crea, would have helped. Will experiment by changing to another cream at some point and see if the condition of my neck changes

Last edited:
I agree DJ- should be called Rosehip oil at least! However I like the sound of those ingredients especially the sweet almond oil. Wonder if it will smell good? I am going to look up the ingredients of the other ones I have tried, just out of interest.

Let us know how you get on trying this WG, I've just ordered the Rose Oil + Antioxident from the ABC website as all this talk of Rose oil got me thinking. Thanks for starting the thread - really interesting.

I've been using Judith's neck and decollete cream. I'm on my second pot and my neck has lost its goosepimple look. I have never paid much attention to my neck so it may be that any old crew, would have helped. Will experiment by changing to another cream at some point and see if the condition of my neck changes
Judith's diamond range gets good reviews for the neck etc. I've got that in my stash to try just need to use up Lulu's Time Bond neck cream first. I like the Lulu cream...

Sweet almond oil is a cheap carrier oil. Think a litre of it is around £7

If I remember rightly it was the removal of sweet almond oil from LE cleanse and polish and replacing it with cocoa butter that caused all that hoo ha a while back. I used to love C & P in its original formulation and the basic white pump witg a pink sticker (remember those?). The texture was very different, there was a smooth, silky, glossy feel to the thick, rich cleanser. My skin felt amazingly comfortable straight after using it. When they removed the sweet almond oil the cleanser was still thick, but lacked the silky smooth consistency and the new formula is even a bit lumpy. I stopped using it as the feel afterwards was no longer comfortable.

So IMO, a product containing this ingredient is a winner. I think it's in my current cleanser of choice- Emma Hardie moringa balm. My skin is smooth, comfortable and healthy looking after using it. I am using up the other EH products I have as well but will stick with the Moringa balm to cleanse. I got a Judith Williams haluronic concentrate full size free at the beauty bash. It's great, and loads cheaper than my EH serum. It has inspired me to try a phytomineral set, I sold the cleanser and brush as I will stick with my EH but I have tried the eye cream (lovely) and am starting the phytomineral facial oil next when I finish the haluronic concentrate. I will use the rose one at night.

I got a tub of phytomineral day and night cream - Judith's sister demonstrated it for me at the beauty bash. I was very impressed, and am going to try it for the first time tonight.

I agree re sweet almond oil WG. Day 1 of her beauty course my daughter was told to buy sweet almond products for her skin/hands, supposed to help avoid some of the skin conditions that go with the territory when you're using chemicals every day.

Wonder if it would be better buying sweet almond oil and some rose essential oil.

Re: Sweet Almond Oil I remember reading a while back that Jerry Hall was a big advocate of this used neat on the skin. Neal's Yard I think she recommended, which is inexpensive for a decent amount. And while her personality may not be to everyone's taste she does have an enviable natural glow, without any obvious evidence of surgical intervention.

That's one of the things I love about this website, people bringing their thoughts, knowledge, experience and different perspectives together and before you know it we've got alternatives to shelling out huge amounts of money for costly products.

I may have to have a little dabble in make your own face oil now :wink:
Errr what am I saying...I've got most of a whopping 50ml of my Decleor excellence face oil still, (billy bumper bargain on Ebay). See, that's what I love about this forum, I get into the vibe and all enthusiastic. Then I remember when it comes to skin care...oh yeh, I have a mountain of the stuff to use up already! :grin:

I do love "Saint Judith of Williams" tho'. The woman can do no wrong in my eyes after seeing the results her serum has had on my face. Totally can't be without it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back