Judith Williams Rose Oil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I noticed that the Rose Oil Duo is back in stock and have had my eye on it for a while as I have used some very expensive Rose facial oils over the years from Space NK, liked them but not the prices or quantities in the bottle. The price for 2 is not far off the price for 1!

I am wondering if any one has tried the JW version and what they think? I am skeptical about putting it over the top of moisturiser, that seems odd. Do any of you ignore that and put it on first? Do you use it at night only (the ones I bought before were mainly for nightime use). TIA.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I noticed that the Rose Oil Duo is back in stock and have had my eye on it for a while as I have used some very expensive Rose facial oils over the years from Space NK, liked them but not the prices or quantities in the bottle. The price for 2 is not far off the price for 1!

I am wondering if any one has tried the JW version and what they think? I am skeptical about putting it over the top of moisturiser, that seems odd. Do any of you ignore that and put it on first? Do you use it at night only (the ones I bought before were mainly for nightime use). TIA.

In my opinion it is a lovely fine oil. I use it as Judith says, over moisturiser and it works well. I just leave it a few minutes before applying make up and it leaves the skin feeling comforted, plump and dewy and seems to even my skin tone and does not leave an oil slick. I know what you mean about putting it over the top. I use decleor neroli when my skin needs to be balanced and putting it underneath moisturiser seems the natural thing to do but with judiths rose oil it does work putting it over the top. It is a huge bottle and it lasts forever. I would definately give it a try.

I got it in a TSV.
Found it just as good as some of the more expensive oils I've bought before & the bottle lasts ages. I use it first, under my cream & mostly just at night.

I remember Judith saying that she felt it was more beneficial putting the oil of top of your moisturiser as is seals in the moisture underneath - which kinda makes sense I think.

Thank you all for your replies- I have ordered it. I think I will try both ways and see which way works best.

Last edited:
I'm glad someone started a post about this.
What does it do exactly? I usually use LE Superskin Concentrate, but that's getting so expensive. Would this be a good alternative?

Thank You

I am hoping so Mr Marple. The LE superskin concentrate, Decleor neroli, Nude rose night oil and one sold by space nk- a moroccan rose otto face oil are all brands I have tried over the years with the same aim- to soothe and comfort my dry sensitive skin overnight. They all worked beautifully (except perhaps the LE which I had a reaction to) but like you I felt the prices were just too high for such small quantities.

I reckon even with the p & p to return them if the JW does not work the price just blows the rest out of the water do if it works just as well then I have not lost out.

Liz Earle used to recommend applying her Superskin concentrate over rather than under a moisturiser.

Jude xx

Duos & sets are often cheaper on Q but I'd say always take a peek at Judith's own website www.curabeauty.com as she sometimes has offers & does free p&p for orders £35 and over. (Well she was when I last saw it). She also did an offer at Christmas & New Year, spend £50, get free p&p as standard and life long beauth products worth £60! x

Thank you weather girl for bringing this to our attention. I am always put off some of the other oils because they are so expensive but I couldn't resist this one. Just placed my order. I wonder if putting it on top of a moisturiser with an SPF would reduce the efficency of the SPF?????

Thank you weather girl for bringing this to our attention. I am always put off some of the other oils because they are so expensive but I couldn't resist this one. Just placed my order. I wonder if putting it on top of a moisturiser with an SPF would reduce the efficency of the SPF?????

Apologies Weathergirl for spelling your name wrong! Only just spotted this.

No worries Mia, I don't mind. Glad others were interested in this too.

I think I will give this rose oil a try. I use Darphin rose oil and have been very pleased with the results but people seem to be very positive about the JW, so worth a go I think. If it isn't for me then I can use my 30 day MBG and go back to the Darphin. Thanks for all your comments, this forum is excellent for information!

Inge x

I use JW LLB skincare and, for long enough, I followed the same routine as one would if using, say, neroli oil, and put it on first, until I read that it was to be applied after the moisturiser, which I now do. I still think it would be more effective applied to cleansed skin, under the moisturiser. When I did that, it was so beneficial for my skin, that I honestly think you could use it however is best for you, and you will see results, even alternate the method in which you use it. Apart from the practical effects of it, the aroma is so therapeutic, it's worth it for that alone!

Thank you so much Louise66, your post and everyone elses are really helpful.

All this talk about LE concentrate is making me shiver. I had an awful reaction to it and my eye area still isn't right after 2 weeks. I don't usually react to products so beware to anyone thinking about trying it.

I can recommend Balance Me Radiance Face Oil. It's fab. I buy it on EBay - a 10ml rollerball size is usually around a fiver plus postage. The full retail price for a 30ml bottle is £30. I've been using their balm cleanser with oatmeal in it and their day cream and have to say my skin has never looked so good. The balm cleanser is usually £20 for a 125ml tube but I buy duos on EBay for about £20 including postage. The moisturiser is £25 but I bought another one on EBay for £13.99 including postage. No nasties in them. Best skin care range I've come across for ages.

The balm cleanser is much better than Emma Hardie and Liz Earle IMO. As for Elemis' latest offering at £35? For 100g? They're having a laugh. (All the way to the bank)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

WG, i don't know about JW, as i've never tried it, but i use LE SS concentrate. I don't put it under or over. my moisturiser , i mix the two together , so it all goes on in one go. Works for me.

All this talk about LE concentrate is making me shiver. I had an awful reaction to it and my eye area still isn't right after 2 weeks. I don't usually react to products so beware to anyone thinking about trying it.

I tried LE when she first started peddling it on the Q, and it went straight back. I wouldn't buy anything from her range. Personally, I cannot understand why everyone raves about it. Different products suit different skin types.

Latest posts

Back