JR's hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe it's easier to manage when it's longer. A short frizzy permed look is very aging which is probably why she wears it long. I like it and imo it suits her. Some days it's better than others, but that's hair for you!

kim i wasn't sure actually. i know she has curly hair but it looked like one of those afro perms that were popular at the time. i've got curly hair but even i had a perm when they were 'in' in that era.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, I think her hair is fine, I think it looks really nice when she straightens it. Allison is the one who needs a job done on her hair. On the Liz Earle show now, her roots are so dark and long, clashing terribly with her very blonde hair,

Watching the B&W hour and Julia looks really nice. Her hair looks lovely and I love her top. Well done,Julia!

I really like Julia's hair and actually, I would love to have hair like that. I have really straight hair and it is boring. I like my hair long too and I think it is happier that way if you know what I mean. I am 45. I thinkshe looks great, but ironically I think she looks really sophisticated with it straight.

i agree gemma - julia looked great last night. having had such a shock seeing her on liz earle a few days ago, i'm wondering if they had the soft focus lenses back on :cheeky:

ringtree - isn't it funny we always want what we don't have - i have long curly hair and have hankered after straight hair my whole life. when i was young, before straighteners were invented, i used to lie it on the ironing board and iron it, much to my mother's horror.

Another hair ironer here. I also used to wrap it round my head for hours on end. Huge rollers help with the frizz as do GHD's. I have tried every serum known to mankind and am at present using 3 days straight which does help. May try 40 days straight next. I will never give up my search for 'The' product.

My sis said last night "who in their right minds would take advice from the QVC beauty expert, her make-up is horrendous." There you go, and she's not a member of this forum so hasn't been "corrupted" in the nicest possible way, of course!

My sis said last night "who in their right minds would take advice from the QVC beauty expert, her make-up is horrendous." There you go, and she's not a member of this forum so hasn't been "corrupted" in the nicest possible way, of course!

i actually thought she looked great at midnight. i must be delerious............

Another hair ironer here. I also used to wrap it round my head for hours on end. Huge rollers help with the frizz as do GHD's. I have tried every serum known to mankind and am at present using 3 days straight which does help. May try 40 days straight next. I will never give up my search for 'The' product.

LH - i know, a lifelong quest........i was thinking about a brazilian until iread somewhere - on here?? - that chlorine ruins it. mind you, chlorine ruins it full stop - makes me go fluffy.:dull:

I toyed with the brazilian too. The cost put me off for one thing.

I am having my hair cut and blow dried on Tuesday and at least for one day I can walk around with the hair I should have had. No matter what I use on it my hair never ever looks the same as having a professional dry it.

same here LH - didn't look into it in depth but enough to see it's a few hundred. i'm going to the hairdresser tomorrow so i'll come out all straight, smooth and swishy. for one day. :nod:sighhhhh......

I thought she looked awful too, but then we can't look good all the time, and when age isn't on your side either, it's even more of a battle. Her hair was not only a tangled mess, ok, nothing a hairbrush couldn't cure, but it looked that sort of greenish yellow brown colour, that older hair can go if treatments aren't kept up to date. Her eyes looked beyond puffy too, poor thing. The pink dress though looked fab and she'd even made an effort with the trotters...not a toe post in sight!

LH - i know, a lifelong quest........i was thinking about a brazilian until iread somewhere - on here?? - that chlorine ruins it. mind you, chlorine ruins it full stop - makes me go fluffy.:dull:

If you mean the Brazilian I'm thinking about, you won't have anything for chlorine to ruin ( or go fluffy)

If you mean the Brazilian I'm thinking about, you won't have anything for chlorine to ruin ( or go fluffy)

heheheeee - it's a hair straightening treatment :tongue: if you haven't heard of it, you can't be one of us longing for straight hair ;)

Just a word of warning. A friend of mine with a glorious but unruly mane had the Brazilian blow-dry and it was fab. Until she noticed lots of hair falling out. She does have loads of hair so it could be worse but she is so upset and I do tell her it's fine ... which it is ... but there is a noticeable difference.

The hairdresser who did it admitted it was a rare side effect. My friend can notice "bald patches". I can't and tell her so but it has really rocked her confidence.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying do your research and know the risks first.

I have sort of curly hair and although it isn't frizzy (unless it's damp weather) I understand and sympathise with hair that won't do what it ought.

heheheeee - it's a hair straightening treatment :tongue: if you haven't heard of it, you can't be one of us longing for straight hair ;)

Yes, Janie, I have heard of it. Was just being a bit naughty!

Latest posts

Back