Joy looks best in Tiana B

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jealousy perhaps that Joy, with her lovely skintone and figure looked much more attractive than the Queen Bee??....just my opinion. :smirk:

Joy is much younger of course but she's not trying to be something she's not, unlike JR. Rather than keep banging on about Joy being "our plus model", perhaps she could learn a few lessons including make-up. I imagine she has it done for the shows, but Joy's make-up is lovely.

Joy is much younger of course but she's not trying to be something she's not, unlike JR. Rather than keep banging on about Joy being "our plus model", perhaps she could learn a few lessons including make-up. I imagine she has it done for the shows, but Joy's make-up is lovely.

To be fair, while JR does point out every 5 seconds that Joy is QVC's "plus size model", she also has the habit of stating that she's wearing smaller sizes than the thinner models too.

Methinks some poor luckless QVC staffer has to painstakingly sew in size XS labels into La Roberts' clothes, regardless of what size they actually are :clapping:

To be fair, while JR does point out every 5 seconds that Joy is QVC's "plus size model", she also has the habit of stating that she's wearing smaller sizes than the thinner models too.

Methinks some poor luckless QVC staffer has to painstakingly sew in size XS labels into La Roberts' clothes, regardless of what size they actually are :clapping:

:smirk: I think you could be right there................................:mysmilie_483:

I remember about 18 months ago watching lovely Loen on IW saying that a certain shopping channel (must have been QVC) had dropped some of their models because they were "too fat" and how ridiculous it was:talking:

I've got a Tiana B dress and it is very roomy. I'm definitely plus size and getting bigger - I think I might invest in a couple of their dresses during this pregnancy, the dresses are hard-wearing and easy care and a bit different to the usual boring maternity wear.

The loud patterns don't faze me, it's interesting to see that sort of 60s influence come back.

What I don't get are the ugly black necklines, cuffs and collars: they completely detract from the dress pattern, make the dresses look frumpy, and they seem to be in a different material to the rest of the dress and look really cheap.

What could be really exciting womens' wear end up looking like 1970s maternity smocks. And not in a good way IMO.

if i saw anythig like this in the high street i would not be paying £50 and then some on this type of dress.

The loud patterns don't faze me, it's interesting to see that sort of 60s influence come back.

What I don't get are the ugly black necklines, cuffs and collars: they completely detract from the dress pattern, make the dresses look frumpy, and they seem to be in a different material to the rest of the dress and look really cheap.

What could be really exciting womens' wear end up looking like 1970s maternity smocks. And not in a good way IMO.
Must agree about the ugly black neclines,cuffs and collars, can only assume it makes the cost of the dress much cheaper, so that's why they do it.
She(the guest) says they always have some black in the print(or in this case collar etc) because everyone has black accessories in their wardrobe................
NO they don't, I found I just didn't suit black anymore a few yrs ago and have gradually removed it all and replaced it with brown....much more flattering for me personally.

I agree. I think Joy is a gorgeous woman - her figure is perfectly proportioned - an hourglass. Her skin is sublime and her features feline and sexy. She is a knock-out and is easily the most attractive woman on QVC.

I hate it when JR does this pointing out of sizes business. I remember once when she actually told one of the slim models that she needed a medium. It was so unnecessary and spiteful. I refuse to watch JR now and would be delighted if she moved permanently to Spain.

The Tiana B dresses look too similar to me. I also hate the black bits - it's not that flattering for most women to have black near the face.

Joy certainly is stunning and my favourite model at QVC. I wouldn't think she is the typical size for a UK lady though-I understood that to be Size 16 and she said on a show a couple of weeks ago that she is an 18-20. I think that was why Julia kept going on about the sizes-despite trying to 'simplify' the sizes, they show no resemblance to size 10 etc on the high street. I think stores do this because some women have a 'thing' about dress size- as far as I'm concerned as long as it fits it doesn't bother me whether I am wearing a 12 from one shop or a 14 from another.

Joy is great and deserves a medal for keeping a fixed smile in place when introduced as "our plus size model" and "what size are you Joy?" every time she steps out. This is on all shows she models in. She is probably not irritated by it, but you hardly ever hear "what size are you flossie, size 6?" Thats extra small then, which I am wearing for you. (guess who?):cheeky:

Joy's back with DB Claire has announced she is fact today a size 16 - 18 in store and wears size XL.

Yes but did everyone know that since Joy did the Tiana B TSV dress, she'd dropped from a 18-20 to a 16-18 in store.

I want what she's been having :tongue:

She dropped the weight after all the on-air comments comparing her size with HRH super-slim.

Good for her.

Perhaps she sweated out a dress size wearing all that Tiana B polyester?! I agree with what everyone else has said, she always looks amazing and I wonder why she doesn't do more make up shows, she's got beautiful skin. I'm sick of seeing Deborah Anne and her rosacea which really isn't that noticeable to me.

Latest posts

Back