Join "clothes"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Usually working but thought I would switch on Q - OMG what do the models on the Join "Clothes" hour look like. Those tops and harem type trousers look ****** awful and there is Craig wittering on about how you won't find these on the High Street. Of course you won't because they look awful. One of the tops - 123850 (can't do links) is dire, still I suppose with an hour of the real pie company next at least if you eat all the pies you can cover up in one of these monstrosities. I know threads about this range have been posted before - I think when poor old Kathy got lumbered wearing the stuff but I couldn't resist.

We regularly visit Turkey and many of the local women wear this style of trousers, usually floral patterned and accompanied by flip flops, an old cardi and a head scarf. They sell similar trousers on Turkish markets for around £4 a pair. It`s a Muslim country so even though not many women wear full veils or Burkhas they keep legs, shoulders and hair covered. I can`t say I`ve ever seen anybody looking great in this style of trousers but maybe I need to get out more.

Yes poor old Kathy is having a bad week with the fashion choices, wearing a horrible Bob Mackie top on the fashion outlet show afew days ago. I think she gets lumbered because she mainly works mornings.

Join Clothes is popular with some ,but as has been said before its not flattering if you are slim with not much to fill out the volumes of material it just hangs.I know they like to call it drape,but it doesnt,thats why the models apart from the larger ones ,don't look good in it.

As yummy mummies were mentioned in another thread, then I think this range is for the mummies who have the yummies !!!

Ships in full sail comes to mind .... can you imagine what they would look like in windy weather ...when they look horrendous in the calm of the studio!! JMHO

I like some of Join Clothes but not all by any means. They are usually well made and they use a lot of natural fabrics. But I am a size 18/20 and they're hardly skimpy on me so I don't honestly think one size does fit all.

I most certainly don't wear the harem pants but I do like the fact that it isn't necessarily what's available in every shop on the high street.

its about balance with join the guest presenter usually gets the balnce right. dont do harem pants but the cardigans in the knit fabrics are fantastic and long. some of the tops and some of the dresses. i am looking at the plus model in a green dress with a pink tunic and it looks wrong. cordelia and courtney look great

Join clothes

What on earth is DF wearing on the 6 o'clock show. The top Courtney is wearing !!!!!! Eighty four pounds.

Last edited:
How can a short dumpy woman with big feet and wearing black leggings and dressed in a sack type top have the gall to write a diet book ? That top she`s wearing and those leggings look awful. Join clothing obviously does nothing for DF.

Hideous is the only description I can think of for this range. Most look like nylon based clingy material the seams are puckered and that thing DF is wearing keeps clinging to her legs. All,I can say is if anyone is prepared to pay those prices for what looks like poor quality shapeless pieces of cloth they must be able to see something I can't..

How can a short dumpy woman with big feet and wearing black leggings and dressed in a sack type top have the gall to write a diet book ? That top she`s wearing and those leggings look awful. Join clothing obviously does nothing for DF.

She's under the illusion that she suits this sort of style, she writes a diet book after loosing no weight so I suppose her next book will be about how to look glamorous in ridiculous oversized sacks/clothes, oh yes and it'll get lots of five star reviews too. Join clothes make Yong Kim look like Paris Fashion Week.

I thought that top absolutely swamped DF. It was so much longer at the back and the side seam looked incredibly puckered. I am not sure it was, I think it was just the way it hangs. Awful. I only saw a couple of other items but they swamped the models as well. The guest's outfit looked as if it fit her OK.

Lol.

I love this range. Have 2 items already and just ordered 3 more (a combination of 1xeasy pay and 2x last clicks. Awesome!)

The fabric is unbelievable. I'm looking forward to wearing it in the full heat of summer. So cool. So relaxed.

The last time I wore a Join jacket, a friend of mine greeted me with 'that is GORGEOUS! So classy. Don't tell me - cost a fortune, didn't it?'

I appreciate that not everyone likes every range (I dislike the ranges that are based around polyester and knee length dresses) I don't see the need to snipe about them.

-that was NOT directed at you, Mazza. Your comment was very reasonable.

I just saw a small snippet at the end of the Join hour with Debbie.

I've no doubt the material feels lovely - I love viscose because it's cool and silky-soft. I wouldn't buy, as the items are too drapey to suit me, no matter how much the idea of them may appeal (they do) I know I will look a sight. I think Debbie looked a proper sight when she put on the skirt with the dip-back top. I did like her shoes, though (probably because they weren't the inevitable white, peep-toe wedges).

The Join guest Evey always looks fabulous in the range - clearly she has a good eye for what suits her and presents the range well (Ingrid should take note). It's a shame she can't be in two places at once, as I think she'd do a much better job of styling the models than whoever is actually doing it, to be honest.

I'm glad you enjoy the range, Crinkly, and pleased for you that you get compliments - it's always lovely when that happens!

Well we've had all this with Y K people posting how everyone has told them they look fabulous,if that makes you feel good then fine,personally I don't need anyone to compliment me I wear up to date fashion such as Karen Millen maybe because m a size 8.

Well we've had all this with Y K people posting how everyone has told them they look fabulous,if that makes you feel good then fine,personally I don't need anyone to compliment me I wear up to date fashion such as Karen Millen maybe because m a size 8.

That's how it should be Lynn, dress for yourself and if you're happy in yourself that's all that matters, you don't need others reassurance, Karen Millen is a real "designer" not one of these made up for QVC ones............by the way, I'm not at all jealous you're a size 8, no, no, no honest I'm not :envy::envy::envy::grin:

I'm just trying to make a point if you like something why should what any one else says matter,but we should all be entitled to an opinion.

Latest posts

Back