John Barrowman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

scbu

Guest Shopper
I shall take it his acting career is over since hes appearing in QVc adds now. I dont buy the whole i shop with QVC routine and that he created the Him beauty range. hes another Lulu IMO

I can't remember him, he gets mixed opinions on here tho so maybe that's just as well lol.

I shall take it his acting career is over since hes appearing in QVc adds now. I dont buy the whole i shop with QVC routine and that he created the Him beauty range. hes another Lulu IMO

I have just bought my dad another HIM moisturiser, he's been using it for about a year now, he loves it and it has improved his skin. HOWEVER, there appears to be no mention of John Barrowman on the tube and there is no reference to him at all on any packaging so you wouldnt know it had anything to do with him - I had to tell my father it was John Barrowmans range?!?! Also, my dad has never used in moisturiser in all of his 74 years until a year ago - the sea air/east wind was making his skin really dry and cracked and I cant help thinking that maybe any old moisturiser would have helped improve a non moisturised skin, if you know what I mean!

I'll have to google him. sometimes i don't watch q for ages so may not know of him. I bought my dad some decleor for men from ebay, have to say he's thrilled too. Very similar to your dad RG, never used proper moisturiser, only shaving balm very occasionally. Ebay was about a fifth of the price of normal retail.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Why would his acting career be over just because he's on Q's adverts, especially if you don't believe that he buys from Q - surely that shows that his acting skills are alive and well!

I really like him and the range gets really good reviews. Not sure what you're getting at with the Lulu comment!

Not a fan myself . My bf tried the Him range and wasnt impressed , i agree with the previous post on the packaging it says nothing about john having anything to do with the range so guess hes just paid to present the range

I'll have to google him. sometimes i don't watch q for ages so may not know of him. I bought my dad some decleor for men from ebay, have to say he's thrilled too. Very similar to your dad RG, never used proper moisturiser, only shaving balm very occasionally. Ebay was about a fifth of the price of normal retail.

I tried ebay to get HIM but there wasnt any to be had unfortunately, so ended up paying best part of £25 for john barrowmans cream which to be fair has a gorgeous texture and goes into the skin really well - he is worth it though (my dad ,that is!)

Have to say that I dont think John Barrowmans career is over at all, I think he has lots of fingers in different pies when it comes to showbusiness!

I seem to remember him saying that he didn't want his name plastered all over it and people just buying it because they thought he endorsed it. When he presents the products he seems very well versed and I've never doubted that it was developed with/for him.

I seem to remember him saying that he didn't want his name plastered all over it and people just buying it because they thought he endorsed it. When he presents the products he seems very well versed and I've never doubted that it was developed with/for him.

Wonder why he presents it on air then if he doesn't want people using it just coz hes endorses it :S

i have only seen him a few times on qvc , was he brought in with his range or was he a guest on there flogging something else & the range was Bourne because of his qvc connections out of interest ?

i have only seen him a few times on qvc , was he brought in with his range or was he a guest on there flogging something else & the range was Bourne because of his qvc connections out of interest ?
He brought it to Q

He's not my cup of tea at al but i think his career is far from over.
As far as i recall he used to call in during different shows long before he started selling on Q.

He's not my cup of tea at al but i think his career is far from over.
As far as i recall he used to call in during different shows long before he started selling on Q.
Yes that's my memory, he called on but I can't remember him fronting anything can you?

He first rang in, I think, as a T-caller in support of Lock and Lock and because he is genuinely a fan of QVC. Then he came on to sell some CDs and his autobiography which he co-wrote with his sister.

JB is a bit full of himself but hey, seems a bit harmless to me. Don't buy any of his stuff but you can't blame him for wanting to "get himself out there", that's probably how he makes his living.

We watch 'Arrow' on Sky 1, Monday nights and he is on there - acting! :hi:

Latest posts

Back